TwelverShia.net Forum

The ruling on shias

Furkan

The ruling on shias
« on: November 20, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »
I found the following great article: http://www.chiite.fr/en/islam_02.html

It basically quotes many fatawa of various scholars from past and present and also explains them thoroughly.

But I keep asking myself the following:

How are shias treated by an caliphate/emirate? What are the examples from the past like when the ottomans were at power?

Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Husayn

Re: The ruling on shias
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:42 AM »
The Ottomans had to suppress a Shi'i uprising in Eastern Anotalia, inspired and funded by the Safavid Persians.

Generally, though, there weren't that many Rafidis inside Ottoman borders - until the Safavid Persians conquered Iraq and converted alot of the people there.

The Ottomans were generally tolerant though, and Iraq was fairly autonomous for most of its rule.
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:10 AM »
This is a good thread about the Sunni stance towards the Rawafiz. http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?54580-Sunni-view-on-Shiah-Rawafid-Twelvers

Furkan

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »
The real question I wanted to ask is, what should be done with murtads? As far as I know, they shouldn't be killed as long as they don't cause anarchy within a country and rebel against the religion of Islam.

In case of extreme shias back then, was jizya an option?

Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”