TwelverShia.net Forum

What should our belief be about yazeed?

SahabahLover

What should our belief be about yazeed?
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:42 PM »
I am a Sunni Muslim, I am very confused regarding the issue of yazeed!, was he a Muslim or a kaafir?

Can I have evidence aswell please?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:22:05 PM by SahabahLover »

Furkan

Re: What should pur belief be about yazeed?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:38 PM »
He was a muslim, a sinner, a zalim (opressor), we don't curse him since he was muslim. We don't praise him.

But you should ask questions like "what is our *belief* regarding ..." to scholars dear SahabaLover.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Khaled

Re: What should our belief be about yazeed?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
I am a Sunni Muslim, I am very confused regarding the issue of yazeed!, was he a Muslim or a kaafir?

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

1) As a Muslim, you are not required to have ANY opinion on anyone not mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah.  Why do we, as Muslims, believe Luqman is going to heaven?  Because it says it in the Qur'an.  Why do we believe that Abu Lahab is going to hell?  Because it says it in the Qur'an.  As a Sunni, you should know there are narrations that testify that certain people are going to heaven (Khadijah, 10 Promised Paradise, the Ansaar, al-Hassan and al-Husayn for example) and certain people are going to hell (ibn Ubay al-Salool for example).
2) As far as Yazid is concerened, then know he is not a Companion nor is he considered from the Tabi3een.  Rather, he was a ruler who ruled when there were quite a few who were better than him (al-Husayn, ibn Omar etc) and history has not recorded his reign as being good; neither morally nor secularly.  Also, his actions led (if he didn't downright order) to the death of al-Husayn رضي الله عنه and other great Companions and Tabi3een.
3) Most of our scholars have said the right thing to do is to keep quite about him and neither curse him nor praise him and leave his affair to Allah.  This is what we do with everyone, whether we perceive them as good or bad.  Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal رحمه الله says:

لا نشهد لأحد بجنة ولا نار.
We don't testify to anyone that they are going to heaven or hell.

والله تعالى أعلم
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:17:50 AM »

1) As a Muslim, you are not required to have ANY opinion on anyone not mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah.  Why do we, as Muslims, believe Luqman is going to heaven?  Because it says it in the Qur'an.  Why do we believe that Abu Lahab is going to hell?  Because it says it in the Qur'an.  As a Sunni, you should know there are narrations that testify that certain people are going to heaven (Khadijah, 10 Promised Paradise, the Ansaar, al-Hassan and al-Husayn for example) and certain people are going to hell (ibn Ubay al-Salool for example).
2) As far as Yazid is concerened, then know he is not a Companion nor is he considered from the Tabi3een.  Rather, he was a ruler who ruled when there were quite a few who were better than him (al-Husayn, ibn Omar etc) and history has not recorded his reign as being good; neither morally nor secularly.  Also, his actions led (if he didn't downright order) to the death of al-Husayn رضي الله عنه and other great Companions and Tabi3een.
3) Most of our scholars have said the right thing to do is to keep quite about him and neither curse him nor praise him and leave his affair to Allah.  This is what we do with everyone, whether we perceive them as good or bad.  Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal رحمه الله says:

والله تعالى أعلم

Brother, good post, but why isn't Yazid considered a Tabi3een? Isn't a Tabi3een who met or saw one of the companions (RA) of the Prophet (SAW)?

Don't get me wrong, Yazid was a prick for some of the stuff he's done, but I always thought he would be classified as  Tabi3een if not a companion.

Furkan

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »
Yes, i would like to know why he isn't considered a tabi'in?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Invoker

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:07 AM »

والله تعالى أعلم

Brother, good post, but why isn't Yazid considered a Tabi3een? Isn't a Tabi3een who met or saw one of the companions (RA) of the Prophet (SAW)?

Don't get me wrong, Yazid was a prick for some of the stuff he's done, but I always thought he would be classified as  Tabi3een if not a companion.

Why was yazeed a prick?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »

والله تعالى أعلم

Why was yazeed a prick?

Asalamualaikum brother.

See, brother Khaled's post.

Invoker

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:28 AM »
^^ i am asking u. why do u think he was a prick?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
^^ i am asking u. why do u think he was a prick?

Same reasons as brother Khaled mentioned.

Invoker

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:54 AM »

Same reasons as brother Khaled mentioned.
[/quote]

So u really think Sayyidna Hussain was killed on the orders of yazeed?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »
So u really think Sayyidna Hussain was killed on the orders of yazeed?

Pretty much. If he hadn't appointed the people he did to neutralise Hussain (RA) then there is a strong chance war would've been avoided. Since, he did he takes a lion share of the blame in my book.

Invoker

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:11 AM »
May is ask u who wrote the incident of karbala the first time?

Sheikh

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 01:10:23 AM »
Yazeed is a prick because he was, among other things:

1. The killer of al-Husayn (ra)
2. An alcoholic
3. Corrupt
4. Illegitimate ruler (it was supposed to go to al-Hassan)

As for who first recorded the incident of Karbala, I do not know.

Invoker

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:47 AM »

2. An alcoholic
3. Corrupt

He was not the killer of husayn. The kufans were.

by calling him an alcoholic & corrupt u not only insult Sayyidna Ameer muawiya who raised such a child like that but u also insult the 3500 sahabas who were living at that time & paid allegiance to yazeed & yes that includes the Abdullah bin Umar.

& i now recommend u to find out who first wrote the incident of karbala.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:27:42 AM by Invoker »

Furkan

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:28 AM »
Tell us.

“last words?”

Hani

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:18 AM »
Salam,

If you're asking whether he's a Muslim or a Kafir, he's definitely a Muslim no doubt about it, but also a power hungry ruler with corruption.

Did he order the killing of Husayn ibn `Ali? From my historical reading he never did such a thing, Husayn's martyrdom was unexpected and nobody had planned it, but people differ on whether he was pleased with Husayn's death or not.

There is evidence that he was pleased and there is counter evidence which shows he wasn't pleased. This may be settled with a thorough investigation which I'm sure none of us are going to do anytime soon.

Also the Tabi`ee is anyone who met a Sahabi, al-Baqir is a Tabi`ee for example since he met Anas.

Now al-Husayn ibn `Ali himself, who is a crown on the head of every believer, may Allah raise his reward higher and higher. Husayn's revolution based on my reading, he was wrong in participating in an armed rebellion and he was lured into it by a group of scum who were not loyal or trustworthy, his noble nature and sense of justice led him into a tough situation and he should have followed his brother's example and the advice of the senior Sahabah who advised him not to listen to the scum who sent him letters.

A second opinion on this matter was that he was right and his armed movement against the authorities was justified. I personally disagree with this as I feel it is in opposition to the texts of Rasul-Allah (saw) Wallahu A`lam.

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Invoker

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 01:33:02 AM »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 01:33:41 AM »

2. An alcoholic
3. Corrupt

He was not the killer of husayn. The kufans were.

by calling him an alcoholic & corrupt u not only insult Sayyidna Ameer muawiya who raised such a child like that but u also insult the 3500 sahabas who were living at that time & paid allegiance to yazeed & yes that includes the Abdullah bin Umar.

& i now recommend u to find out who first wrote the incident of karbala.

No, sorry, but I disagree.

He appointed the bastardised tryant ibn Ziad who had a history of being a lose cannon. Yazid, was the leader at the time and should've exercised caution by handling the situation delicately. This was the GRANDSON of the Prophet (SAW) of all people.

A leader takes responsability and credit when he achieves victory, but takes the blame when things go pair-shaped.

Muawiyah (RA) is not responsability for his son's stupidity just like Sa'd ibn Abi Waqas (RA) is not to blame his son Umar ibn Sa'ad sided with the enemy willingly or hesitantly.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:35:39 AM by Imam Ali »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »
Salam,

If you're asking whether he's a Muslim or a Kafir, he's definitely a Muslim no doubt about it, but also a power hungry ruler with corruption.

Did he order the killing of Husayn ibn `Ali? From my historical reading he never did such a thing, Husayn's martyrdom was unexpected and nobody had planned it, but people differ on whether he was pleased with Husayn's death or not.

There is evidence that he was pleased and there is counter evidence which shows he wasn't pleased. This may be settled with a thorough investigation which I'm sure none of us are going to do anytime soon.

Also the Tabi`ee is anyone who met a Sahabi, al-Baqir is a Tabi`ee for example since he met Anas.

Now al-Husayn ibn `Ali himself, who is a crown on the head of every believer, may Allah raise his reward higher and higher. Husayn's revolution based on my reading, he was wrong in participating in an armed rebellion and he was lured into it by a group of scum who were not loyal or trustworthy, his noble nature and sense of justice led him into a tough situation and he should have followed his brother's example and the advice of the senior Sahabah who advised him not to listen to the scum who sent him letters.

A second opinion on this matter was that he was right and his armed movement against the authorities was justified. I personally disagree with this as I feel it is in opposition to the texts of Rasul-Allah (saw) Wallahu A`lam.

Hani, having said all that, but do you not agree because of Yazid's decision making in terms who he selected to handle the situation at Kufa it resulted in the killing of Hussain (RA)?

Thus he is also partly to blame.

Invoker

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
@ imam ali Again u r relying on the false facts of the history. Yazeed was in his darul khilafa damascus which was about 700 miles from karbala. The incident took place in just one day. Back then there was no radio contact or high speed vehicles.

I want you to respond to these questions:

what was the age of Zain ul Abideen at that time and why did the "yazidis" spare him?
How many male members of Hussaini carvan came out alive of karbala?
What was the age of Sakina Ra at that time and why did she marry in a ummavi family laters?
Why did Hazrat zainab Ra decide to live in the same city in which yazid was living after the accident of karbala?
what was the total number of people with Hussain Ra? From where this "72" figure came?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:51:32 AM by Invoker »