TwelverShia.net Forum

Why do most Shia marja consider tattoos permissible?

heathen

Why do most Shia marja consider tattoos permissible?
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:02:43 AM »
Khamenei and Sistani, to my knowledge, both consider tattooing permissible. I know for Sunnis, we have hadiths prohibiting and denouncing tattooing that Shia do not favor due to the narrators or the fact they aren't their hadith books. There is a lot of evidence for this prohibition though so I really don't get how 2 very popular marja could permit tattoos. There is really no evidence to suggest any prophets or sahaba got tattoos unless they could have been tattooed prior to reverting to Islam. Any Shia or Sunni are welcome to help further my education on this topic. Thanks.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: Why do most Shia marja consider tattoos permissible?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
Khamenei and Sistani, to my knowledge, both consider tattooing permissible. I know for Sunnis, we have hadiths prohibiting and denouncing tattooing that Shia do not favor due to the narrators or the fact they aren't their hadith books. There is a lot of evidence for this prohibition though so I really don't get how 2 very popular marja could permit tattoos. There is really no evidence to suggest any prophets or sahaba got tattoos unless they could have been tattooed prior to reverting to Islam. Any Shia or Sunni are welcome to help further my education on this topic. Thanks.

No Shi'a said getting a tattoo is a good thing. It is either seen as mubah and I have heard makrooh as well.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Mythbuster1

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
Lol well the Shias I know say it’s ....ALLOWED and they are aplenty.

I know iraqi Shiites that have zulfiqar on their forearms with Arabic script, (and they do it for fashion it looks good and get comments from girls) I know Pakistani Shiites and they have names of ahlubaith ra on their arms. One of them I asked what do you do when you want to relieve yourself and you have religious names on your body? He didn’t know what to say, a few weeks later he converted the name Ali to a design pattern.😂👍

Heck hasn’t nakshawani got one too? Isn’t he a Shiite scholar?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
Heck hasn’t nakshawani got one too? Isn’t he a Shiite scholar?

No. He's just another speaker.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Abu Rumaysah

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:02:36 PM »
No Shi'a said getting a tattoo is a good thing. It is either seen as mubah and I have heard makrooh as well.

If it is mubah as per your scholars, can it be bad thing?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »
If it is mubah as per your scholars, can it be bad thing?

Some called it makrooh. However, if it is halal then it is halal. I can't change the law.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

heathen

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:15:24 AM »
Thanks for the info!