TwelverShia.net Forum

Why Do the Rafidha Prohibit the Consumption of Rabbit Meat?

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
  • May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth
  • Religion: Sunni
Why Do the Rafidha Prohibit the Consumption of Rabbit Meat?
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The Rafidha prohibit the consumption of rabbit meat. The question is why?

There is no single verse in the Qur'an that prevents Muslims from eating rabbit meat, but there are verses that prevent Muslims from eating pork for example.

Allah says in the Qur'an in Surat Al-Ma'idah Chapter 5 Verse 3:

Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

So as we can see, pork, or swine, has been prohibited in the Holy Qur'an, but where can the Rafidha show us the verse that prohibits Muslims from eating rabbit meat? Nowhere in the Qur'an!

However, the Rafidha still consider rabbit meat to be forbidden (Haram), why?

There is one simple answer to that question, they follow the Torah, the Jewish holy book, or the Hebrew Bible!

So where in the Torah or the Hebrew Bible does it say that it is forbidden to consume rabbit meat?

In the Hebrew Bible (Torah) the Book of Leveticus Chapter 11 Verse 6 we read:

6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is unclean for you.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+11%3A6&version=NIV

Because if the Rafidha scholars don't follow the torah by prohibiting the Rafidha from eating rabbit meat, where else did they bring that prohibition from?

والله أعلم
May Allah guide the Shi'a to the truth. Ameen.

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Farid

Re: Why Do the Rafidha Prohibit the Consumption of Rabbit Meat?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »
Welcome to the boards brother.

Very interesting thread. I don't know if I completely agree but this should be linked into. Don't Shias have other narrations that say that rabbits are halal? Also, what are other matters of fiqh did they supposedly take from Judaism?

Hadrami

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Shia Mahdi will come and rule with the law of David, not Muhammad shallallahu alaihi wasallam :D

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:07:45 AM »

Farid

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 04:48:35 AM »
Well done Bolani.

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:07:50 PM »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Rabbit meat is explicitly prohibited in the books of the Rafidha!

Now to all the Rafidha who say that rabbit meat is not prohibited in the Rafidhi sect, we want their reply to these narrations and sayings of the Imams and the scholars of their sect:

Sources:

http://alhassanain.org/english/?com=book&id=929

http://www.aqaed.com/faq/8622/

http://islamicmobility.com/pdf/UYUN%20AKHBAR%20AL%20REZA%20Vol1.pdf
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:10:12 PM by Abu Jasim Al-Salafi »

Student of Comparative Religion - Refuter of allegations made against Islam by Christians and Atheists.

Hani

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 05:10:45 AM »
I read a Sunni narration about its prohibition. Reason was menstruation.

Narration was weak I'm sure.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Abu Jasim Al-Salafi

• +0/-1
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 05:43:30 AM »
I read a Sunni narration about its prohibition. Reason was menstruation.

Narration was weak I'm sure.

It certainly is weak since no legitimate Sunni scholar ever said that it is haram!

The reason that you mentioned has been used by some Shi'i scholars and they claimed that it is haram because rabbits menstruate, which is scientifically false, the real reason is that they are following the Torah!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 12:37:40 PM »
This is what I meant by retarded threads. Using that Verse as proof - I assume you lot don't regard cats and spiders as halal? Oh wait, some Sunni scholars did allow eating cats lol.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

whoaretheshia

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »
SubhanAllah, you believe Allah , the Almighty, has two feet, two hands, fingers, a shin, eyes, ascends, descends, can be described by means of location and has a place, his two feet are between the Arsh and over the Kursiy [but all of these are nothing like ours]. This Aqeedah has been refuted by the majority of the Sunni world, namely the Ashari and Maturidi, who are the orthodox creeds.

Yet here we are, using weak articles accusing Shia's of imitating the Jews, despite the fact part of our Madhab is that the meat of the Jews is not Halal. We don't eat Kosher.  We have significant differences with the Jews, and far less israelilyaat myths infiltrating our authentic collections.

I will write a response to this inshAllah directly addressing it, and worthy of mention there is a particular famous hadith narrator of yours, (not Abu Hurairah) but another who would read excessively from the books of the Jews who if i have the time, will detail from your reliable sources. Nevertheless, i won't lower down to this level and start abusing Sunni's.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:56:34 PM by whoaretheshia »
"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »
Try figuring it out whether that companion eventually was anti Ali or pro Ali, as per your scholars.

Ibn tawoos: kaab al ahbar and Ibn salaam were from the most closest companions of Ali Ibn Abi talib. ( المصدر: التشريف بالمنن في التعريف بالمنن ص٨٠ ٨١ ٨٢
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:11:23 PM by Noor-us-Sunnah »