TwelverShia.net Forum

Abu Hurayra

confusedshia

Abu Hurayra
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:35:30 AM »
My fellow Shias say that Abu Hurayra narrates more hadith than any other companion. Is this true?

They also say that Abu Hurayra was whipped by Umar. Can someone tell me if these reports on Abu Hurayra being whipped exist in Sunni sources or not?

I have the following references:

Sahih Bukhari,v.2, chapter: Bid’ul-Khalq (the beginning of creation), pg. 171, Muslim ibn Hajjaj Neishabouri, Sahih Muslim, v.1, pg. 34, Ibn Abil-Hadid al-Mu’tazeli, Sharh Nahjil-Balaghah, pg. 360, Dhahabi, Siyaru A’lamil-Nabla’, v.2, pg. 433-434, Muttaqi Hindi, Kanzul-Ummal, v.5, pg.239, hadith 4857, Imam Abu-Ja’far Iskafi, quoted from Sharh Nahjul-Hamidi, v.1, pg. 360.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: Abu Hurayra
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »
Salam Alaikum,

Abu Hurayra doesn't narrate as much as it is claimed.

Abu Huraira’s narrations without repetition are not 5,000+ rather they’re around 1,400 (according to the research of Dr. `Abduh Yamani and Diya’-ul-Deen al-A`zami).

Not all of these narrations were actually uttered by abu Huraira, some are fabricated lies and are not authentic, which reduces the above number even more.

The vast majority of these narrations that remain were not exclusively narrated by abu Huraira, rather you’ll find the same narration by abu Huraira being related to us by other companions, this rules out the possibility of him “making it up”.

A lot of abu Huraira’s narrations are not things he heard directly from the Prophet (saw), rather a big amount of his narrations are things which he later heard after the Prophet’s (saw) death from senior companions. This is why abu Huraira does not always say “I heard the Prophet (saw) say such and such” this means his narrations are not limited to the time he spent alongside the Prophet (saw).

Some of Abu Huraira’s narrations are not words or sayings from the Prophet (saw) so they’re not prophetic-Hadiths in the traditional sense, but he narrates some events he witnessed or describes certain things he saw such as battles, or the way the Prophet (saw) walked or the color of his turban and other details.

Please see this link for more:
http://www.twelvershia.net/2015/01/11/abu-huraira/

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

confusedshia

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
Salam Alaikum,

Abu Hurayra doesn't narrate as much as it is claimed.

Abu Huraira’s narrations without repetition are not 5,000+ rather they’re around 1,400 (according to the research of Dr. `Abduh Yamani and Diya’-ul-Deen al-A`zami).

Not all of these narrations were actually uttered by abu Huraira, some are fabricated lies and are not authentic, which reduces the above number even more.

The vast majority of these narrations that remain were not exclusively narrated by abu Huraira, rather you’ll find the same narration by abu Huraira being related to us by other companions, this rules out the possibility of him “making it up”.

A lot of abu Huraira’s narrations are not things he heard directly from the Prophet (saw), rather a big amount of his narrations are things which he later heard after the Prophet’s (saw) death from senior companions. This is why abu Huraira does not always say “I heard the Prophet (saw) say such and such” this means his narrations are not limited to the time he spent alongside the Prophet (saw).

Some of Abu Huraira’s narrations are not words or sayings from the Prophet (saw) so they’re not prophetic-Hadiths in the traditional sense, but he narrates some events he witnessed or describes certain things he saw such as battles, or the way the Prophet (saw) walked or the color of his turban and other details.

Please see this link for more:
http://www.twelvershia.net/2015/01/11/abu-huraira/

Thank you for your reply, but I never claimed Abu Hurayra is responsible for 5000 narrations, just that he narrated more hadiths than any other companion.

Narrated Abu Hurayra: There is none among the companions of the Prophet who has narrated more Hadiths than I except `Abdullah bin `Amr (bin Al-`As) who used to write them and I never did the same. (Sahih al-Bukhari 113)

Farid

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
Sahih Bukhari,v.2, chapter: Bid’ul-Khalq (the beginning of creation), pg. 171, Muslim ibn Hajjaj Neishabouri,  v.1, pg. 34,

Obvious lies.

Ask for the wording of these supposed narrations.

Hadrami

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 03:55:59 AM »
My fellow Shias say that Abu Hurayra narrates more hadith than any other companion. Is this true?

They also say that Abu Hurayra was whipped by Umar. Can someone tell me if these reports on Abu Hurayra being whipped exist in Sunni sources or not?

I have the following references:

Sahih Bukhari,v.2, chapter: Bid’ul-Khalq (the beginning of creation), pg. 171, Muslim ibn Hajjaj Neishabouri, Sahih Muslim, v.1, pg. 34, Ibn Abil-Hadid al-Mu’tazeli, Sharh Nahjil-Balaghah, pg. 360, Dhahabi, Siyaru A’lamil-Nabla’, v.2, pg. 433-434, Muttaqi Hindi, Kanzul-Ummal, v.5, pg.239, hadith 4857, Imam Abu-Ja’far Iskafi, quoted from Sharh Nahjul-Hamidi, v.1, pg. 360.

one of the things i notice is that shia love to add long list of references just to make it appear its a legit claim (they even wrote full name instead of just imam muslim to make the references looks longer. Shud write al bukhari fullname too 😂). It doesnt matter if some of those has no chains, non sunni sources etc. I reckon that long references made you think its credible too right? That TS article from abumuslim is more than enough to learn who he was
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:57:38 AM by Hadrami »

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »

‘Umar never beat Abu Hurairah during the lifetime of the Prophet (saw) for lying against the Prophet (saw).

However, both ‘Abdul-Husayn al-‘Amalee (p. 268) and Abu Rayya (pp. 163, 171) reported that ’Umar struck Abu Hurairah with a shield for relating too many hadeeth upon the Prophet (saw) and accused him of lying. The source of this incident is not Sahih Muslim, but rather a Shia text, Sharh Nahj al-Balagha, by the Shiite Mu’tazilite Ibn Abi al-Hadid who quotes Abu Ja’far al-Iskafi.

Abu Ja’far al-Iskafi is a third century, Shiite Mu’tazalite. Al-Iskafi relates this incident with no chain or authorities (sanad) and thus, this is an unverified historical incident that appears centuries after the deaths of ‘Umar and Abu Hurairah. Moreover, it is found in the works of those who harbour religious animosities against Abu Hurairah and adverse theological positions toward the Sunna. (See: al-Mu’allamee, al-Anwaer al-Kaashifah, pp. 152-153, al-Khateeb, al-Sunnah Qabl al-Tadween, p. 457, al-‘Izzee, Difaa’ ‘anAbee Hurayrah, p. 123)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/discover-the-truth.com/2013/05/09/did-umar-and-aisha-call-abu-hurairah-a-liar/amp/