TwelverShia.net Forum

Abu Jafar Herz Comments on 400 Usool

Hani

Re: Abu Jafar Herz Comments on 400 Usool
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
@Herz, I didn't include the rest of the quote since it didn't matter. The first section refuted your opinion (I.e. that the imam rejected the Hadith). All commentators said he accepted the Hadith word for word. He didn't tell his Companion to reject it, instead he told him Allah knows best what it means. At the end the commentators conclude that he gave a subtle indication that Nuzoul means mercy.

My issue is not with the Imams interpretation, my issue is with you rejecting these narrations and thinking its impossible to give them an interpretation.

Just above you wrote that the narration of Nuzoul cannot be interpreted by any other way than attributing a physical body to Allah:

Secondly, when something is "apparently" metaphorical then you have a right to call it metaphorical, the true meaning will be there. When Allah [swt] says that his "hands are outstretched", the obvious and apparent meaning is that Allah rewards in abundance and gives rizq, not that he has hands. However, when someone comes to me with a hadith that says Allah [swt] gets off from his throne and travels to the sky at midnight, the literalness is implied and it is the obvious meaning, we find the Sunni hadith body riddled with these sort of hadiths.

Then we see your Imams accepting the same narrations in Al Kafi and even narrating them in Al Tahdheeb. And BTW the interpretation your Imam gave is nothing supernatural, scholars of Ahlul Sunnah did interpret Nuzoul as mercy or a state of acceptance of Dua.

Imam Malik's statement: "It is our Blessed and Exalted Lord's command which descends; as for Him, He is eternally the same, He does not move.

As for ibn Taymiyya's philosophical explanations as well as his students (bin baz) then I m not of their opinion in the first place, you can go discuss with some learned Hanabilah.

PS. All Shia narrations I posted imply literalness and the expressions used within them are very clear in this regard, you just chose to interpret them in form of Majaaz or Taweel and that is legitimate.

PSS. That explanation for "both his hands are right", is it by your scholars or by the infallible?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:08:52 AM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear