TwelverShia.net Forum

Abu Sufyan (RA) offered Ali (RA) an army

Optimus Prime

Abu Sufyan (RA) offered Ali (RA) an army
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Is this Hadith authentic, and is there another version of it in Sahih Muslim.

Imam Suyuti narrates in Jami Al Masaneed wal Maraseel and Al Muttaqi Al Hindi in Kanzul Ummal: عن زيد بن عليَ عن أَبِيهِ أَنَّ أَبَا سُفْيَانَ جَاءَ إِلٰى عَلِيَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ فَقَالَ: «يَاعَلِيُّ بَايَعُوا رَجُلاً أَذَلَّ قُرَيْشٍ قَبِيلَةً، وَاللَّهِ لَئِنْ شِئْتَ لَنُصَدعَنَّهَا عَلَيْهِ أَقْطَارَهَا، وَلأَمْلأَنَّهَا عَلَيْهِ خَيْلاً وَرَجَلاً، فَقَالَ لَهُ عَلِيٌّ : يَا أَبَا سُفْيَانَ إِنَّ المُؤمِنِينَ وَإِنْ بَعُدَتْ دِيَارُهُمْ وَأَبْدَانُهُمْ قَوْمٌ نَصَحَةٌ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ، وَإِنَّ المُنَافِقِينَ وَإِنْ قَرُبَتْ دِيَارُهُمْ وَأَبْدَانُهُمْ قَوْمٌ غَشَشَةٌ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ، وَإِنَّا قَدْ بَايَعْنَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَكَانَ لِذٰلِكَ أَهْلاً

Hadith by Zayd bin Ali, through his father, that Abu Sufyan came to Ali (at the announcement of the Khilafa of Abu bakr) and said: "O Ali, they gave Bay'ah to a man who is from the most humiliated tribe in Quraysh!!. If you allow me we (Bani umawyyah) will destroy the whole thing on them, and I will fill it (Madina Sharif) with Horses and Men (fighters) (to overturn the Bay'ah of Abu Bakr). Ali replied: O Abu Sufyan: " The believers even when their homes and bodies are far apart, but are with each other. And the Munafiqin even when they are close with their bodies and residences, are cheaters (not sincere) to each other, and we have given Bay'ah to Abu Bakr and he is worthy of it".

Bolani Muslim

Re: Abu Sufyan (RA) offered Ali (RA) an army
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:43:31 PM »
Not sure about the hadith, but according to Nahjul Balagha, Hz Abu Sufyan wanted to pledge allegiance to Hz Ali  :o http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/10/women-pray-with-hands-on-chest-in.html

matpau_83

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »

Imam Suyuti narrates in Jami Al Masaneed wal Maraseel and Al Muttaqi Al Hindi in Kanzul Ummal: عن زيد بن عليَ عن أَبِيهِ أَنَّ أَبَا سُفْيَانَ جَاءَ إِلٰى عَلِيَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ فَقَالَ: «يَاعَلِيُّ بَايَعُوا رَجُلاً أَذَلَّ قُرَيْشٍ قَبِيلَةً، وَاللَّهِ لَئِنْ شِئْتَ لَنُصَدعَنَّهَا عَلَيْهِ أَقْطَارَهَا، وَلأَمْلأَنَّهَا عَلَيْهِ خَيْلاً وَرَجَلاً، فَقَالَ لَهُ عَلِيٌّ : يَا أَبَا سُفْيَانَ إِنَّ المُؤمِنِينَ وَإِنْ بَعُدَتْ دِيَارُهُمْ وَأَبْدَانُهُمْ قَوْمٌ نَصَحَةٌ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ، وَإِنَّ المُنَافِقِينَ وَإِنْ قَرُبَتْ دِيَارُهُمْ وَأَبْدَانُهُمْ قَوْمٌ غَشَشَةٌ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ، وَإِنَّا قَدْ بَايَعْنَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَكَانَ لِذٰلِكَ أَهْلاً

Hadith by Zayd bin Ali, through his father, that Abu Sufyan came to Ali (at the announcement of the Khilafa of Abu bakr) and said: "O Ali, they gave Bay'ah to a man who is from the most humiliated tribe in Quraysh!!. If you allow me we (Bani umawyyah) will destroy the whole thing on them, and I will fill it (Madina Sharif) with Horses and Men (fighters) (to overturn the Bay'ah of Abu Bakr). Ali replied: O Abu Sufyan: " The believers even when their homes and bodies are far apart, but are with each other. And the Munafiqin even when they are close with their bodies and residences, are cheaters (not sincere) to each other, and we have given Bay'ah to Abu Bakr and he is worthy of it".

I believe there was a scene (or something similar to above) in Umar the mbc series whereby Abu Sufyan has a certain grudge that someone not from the immediate tribe was not chosen to be the khalifah after Rasulilah's death. In the scene there were also Ali and Uthman (if im not mistaken) and Ali didnt like the tone and insinuation of Abu Sufyan and told him to his face. May Allah preserve our love to all of the sahabah Radiyallahuanhu ajmain.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:21:06 PM »

I believe there was a scene (or something similar to above) in Umar the mbc series whereby Abu Sufyan has a certain grudge that someone not from the immediate tribe was not chosen to be the khalifah after Rasulilah's death. In the scene there were also Ali and Uthman (if im not mistaken) and Ali didnt like the tone and insinuation of Abu Sufyan and told him to his face. May Allah preserve our love to all of the sahabah Radiyallahuanhu ajmain.

I remember that scene.

It was actually Abbas (RA).

Hani

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »
I remember I authenticated it, u can verify from Fariiiz.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
I remember I authenticated it, u can verify from Fariiiz.

Farid, please confirm, please. :)

Is there a version of this in Sahih Muslim too?

Al Dukhan

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:16:46 AM »
^simply google, if you dont have hard copy !

Optimus Prime

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »

Google, what?

Al Dukhan

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 04:28:20 PM »

Google, what?

for what you are searching for ! So you can find what your hunting for, maybe. It was a friendly advice, i dont know how you had taken it.