TwelverShia.net Forum

authenticity of this hadith about ahl al bayt

al-kulayni

authenticity of this hadith about ahl al bayt
« on: October 10, 2014, 01:33:21 AM »
Assalamu Aleykum brothers,

I want to know what is the authenticity of this hadith

Tabarani writes in his book Al-Awsat that Ibne Umar remarked: “The last words of the Messenger of Allah (Sall Allahu ‘alaihi wa Aalihi wa sallim) were, ‘You have ignored my successors who are from my Ahlul Bayt .’ (that is, I can see how you behave with the trusts that I leave behind among you).

barakallahu fikum

Hani

Re: authenticity of this hadith about ahl al bayt
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »
He died in `A'ishah's lap, these were not his last words obviously... `A'ishah never ignored any successors nor has anyone ignored them yet at that point.

Makes no sense to me

As for authenticitaaay, I dunno cause how the heck can I find this random Hadith in such a giant book?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

al-kulayni

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 02:14:43 AM »
I have found it in this link http://islamport.com/d/1/krj/1/81/1289.html

- وعن ابن عمر قال : آخر ما تكلم به رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم : " أخلفوني في أهل بيتي "
رواه الطبراني في الأوسط وفيه عاصم بن عبيد الله وهو ضعيف
hadith number 14961, and one narrator is daeef

Hani

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:19:34 AM »
Man it says that the last of what Rasul-Allah (saw) said was: "Succeed me in my household."

The guy who translated it for you must be on some sedatives.

"Succeed me" means we take care of them for him.

(Almost every narrator in the chain is weak)
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

al-kulayni

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 02:41:26 AM »
It's like in this verse from surah al a'raf (verse 142) when Musa (as) told to his brother :

And We made an appointment with Moses for thirty nights and perfected them by [the addition of] ten; so the term of his Lord was completed as forty nights. And Moses said to his brother Aaron, "Take my place among my people, do right [by them], and do not follow the way of the corrupters."

وَوَاعَدْنَا مُوسَىٰ ثَلَاثِينَ لَيْلَةً وَأَتْمَمْنَاهَا بِعَشْرٍ فَتَمَّ مِيقَاتُ رَبِّهِ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً ۚ وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ لِأَخِيهِ هَارُونَ اخْلُفْنِي فِي قَوْمِي وَأَصْلِحْ وَلَا تَتَّبِعْ سَبِيلَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ