TwelverShia.net Forum

Source of Fatima (RA), and Ali's (RA) wedding

Optimus Prime

Source of Fatima (RA), and Ali's (RA) wedding
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:40 PM »
I came across this recently:

Fatimah (Radiyallahu Anha) is the youngest daughter of our beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). Out of all the children, she was the most beloved to him. He said, 'The Queen of the ladies in Jannat is Fatimah.' He also said, 'Fatimah is part of my body. Whoever grieves her, grieves me.'

When Fatimah (Radiyallahu Anha) reached the age of fifteen, proposals for her marriage began to come from noble families. But the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) remained irresponsive.

Ali (Radiyallahu Anha) who was 21 at the time, says: It occurred to me that I should make a formal proposal, but then I thought, 'How could this be accomplished, for I possess nothing.' At last, encouraged by the Prophet's kindness, I went to him and expressed my intention to marry Fatima (Radiyallahu Anha). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) was extremely pleased and asked, 'Ali! Do you possess anything to give her in Mahr?' I replied, 'Apart from a horse and armour I possess nothing.'

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'A soldier must, of course, have his horse. Go and sell away your armour.'

So, Ali (Radiyallahu Anhu) went and sold his armour to Uthman (Radiyallahu Anhu) for 480 Dirham and presented it to Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). Bilal (Radiyallahu Anha) was ordered by the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) to bring some perfume and a few other things and Anas (Radiyallahu Anha) was sent to call Abu Bakr, Uthman, Talha, Zubayr with some companions from the Ansar (Radiyallahu Anhum).

When these men arrived and had taken their seats, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) recited the Khutbah (sermon) of Nikah and gave Fatimah (Radiyallahu Anha) in marriage to Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu). He announced, 'Bear you all witness that I have given my daughter Fatimah in marriage to Ali for 400 Mithqal of silver and Ali has accepted.' He then raised his head and made Dua saying, 'O Allah, create love and harmony between these two. Bless them and bestow upon them good children.' after the Nikah, dates were distributed.

When the time came for Fatimah (Radiyallahu Anha) to go to Ali's (Radiyallahu Anha) house, she was sent without any clamour, hue and cry accompanied by Umm Ayman (Radiyallahu Anha). After the Isha Salat, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) went to their house, took permission and entered. He asked for a basin of water, put his blessed hands into it and sprinkled it on both Ali (Radiyallahu Anhu) and Fatimah (Radiyallahu Anha) and made Dua for them.

The sovereign of both worlds gave his beloved daughter a silver bracelet, two Yemeni sheets, four mattresses, one blanket, one pillow, one cup, one hand-grinding mill, one bedstead, a small water skin and a leather pitcher.

I came across this from this site:

http://www.darulihsan.com/index.php/social/literature/item/4760-a-glimpse-into-the-wedding-of-fathima-radiyallahu-anha
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:21:24 PM by Imam Ali »

Optimus Prime

Re: Source of Fatima (RA), and Ali's (RA) wedding
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »
Does anyone know the source for this?

أبو ماريا المرزم

• +0/-2
  • Allah grant the Rafidah their seat in Jahannam
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
I looked around. Saw some narrations from Bihar Ul Anwar that had a ball park idea of the content you provided. Hell, it even mentioned Abu Bakr Ra convinced Ali Ra to ask for Fatima Ra's hand in the first place
They asked how many will be with the one I hate. I said 313

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »
I looked around. Saw some narrations from Bihar Ul Anwar that had a ball park idea of the content you provided. Hell, it even mentioned Abu Bakr Ra convinced Ali Ra to ask for Fatima Ra's hand in the first place

Yeah, I noticed that Shia references are being documented.

I wonder if the same can be found from our sources.

PM me. :)

أبو ماريا المرزم

• +0/-2
  • Allah grant the Rafidah their seat in Jahannam
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that Shia references are being documented.

I wonder if the same can be found from our sources.

PM me. :)
I looked for Sunni sources, but I couldn't find any. Also, wanted to let you know, Farid wanted Hani to add another "Ali angers Fatima" instance to your part 2 refutation to RTS
They asked how many will be with the one I hate. I said 313

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
My refutation?