TwelverShia.net Forum

Is this hadith authentic?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Is this hadith authentic?
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:34 AM »
أخبرني أبو بكر محمد بن أحمد المزكي بمرو ثنا عبد الله بن روح المدايني ثنا يزيد بن هارون أنبأ هشام بن حسان عن محمد بن سيرين عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال : قال لي عمر : يا عدو الله و عدو الإسلام خنت مال الله

Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: Is this hadith authentic?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 05:24:57 AM »
http://www.twelvershia.net/2016/05/14/response-to-abu-huraira-enemy-of-allah-his-book-and-a-thief-according-to-umar/

Use search feature. ;)

I am sorry but this article does not absolve Abu Hurayra nor Umar either for betrayal of money (by Abu Hurayra) or for accusation against a believer.(by Umar)

So one of them sinned. And both sins are greater sins. So who is correct? It seems you article is leaning towards Abu Hurayra being the victim of Umar's accusations, so it is Umar who sinned.

Therefore, Umar is a sinner.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Farid

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »
It is obvious that Omar is at fault.

Keep in mind that an accusation with the intention of falsely taking down a believer is a major sin. This is different from one who sincerely believed that someone stole due to a shubha, in this case, it is that a lot of wealth was amassed in a short period of time.

The statement that Omar is a sinner is not a false one. Every man is a sinner. However, if you are trying to prove that Omar is a fasiq due to something like this then you will have to try harder.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
It is obvious that Omar is at fault.

Keep in mind that an accusation with the intention of falsely taking down a believer is a major sin. This is different from one who sincerely believed that someone stole due to a shubha, in this case, it is that a lot of wealth was amassed in a short period of time.

The statement that Omar is a sinner is not a false one. Every man is a sinner. However, if you are trying to prove that Omar is a fasiq due to something like this then you will have to try harder.

All accusations are major sins if they cannot be proven. If I claim that "Farid has stolen my car" - based on shubha and not based on evidence that can hold up in an Islamic court, I will be punished for that.

It is now clear that excuses are being brought up to try and lessen the crime which Umar has just committed.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Farid

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
I maintain my position. Remember, even Musa incorrectly accused Al Khidhr of murderous intent due to a shubha.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:19:57 PM »
Another classic example of Shias fishing for narrations, that would portray any of the heavyweight companions in a negative light. :D

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - do you accept the narration, and believe it?