TwelverShia.net Forum

Rafidah Say Prophet Adam (as) did not Testify to the Waliyah of the 12 imams

Rationalist

Sura TaaHaa Ayah 115"And certainly We took a covenant from Adam before, but he forgot; and We did not find in him any firm resolve."

Imam Muhammad Baqir (asws) said, "And certainly We gave a covenant to Adam before, but he forgot" refers to the taking of an oath from Adam (as) regarding Muhammad (saw) and the Imams (asws) after Him but Adam (as) was negligent in His oath. Adam (as) did not have the "firm resolve" to recognize the true status of Muhammad (saw) and the Imams (asws). The reason behind giving the title of Olil Azm (owners of the "firm resolve") to the five Olil Azm messengers is that Allah took an oath from Them regarding Muhammad (saw), His Successors and al Mahdi (atfs). They, the five Olil Azm, testified to this oath with "a firm resolve" they accepted the oath as the truth."
(Al Kafi vol 1 pg 416, Tafseer Qummi Second Edition pg 65)

Abu Hamza narrates Imam Muhammad Baqir (asws) said, "Allah took a covenant from the prophets and said, "Am I not your Lord?"

The prophets replied, "Yes. You are".

Allah asked, "Is Muhammad (saw) not My Messenger? Is Ali (asws) not Ameerul Momineen (asws)? Are His Successors not the authorities appointed by Me? Are They not the keepers of My knowledge? Is al Mahdi (atfs) not the one with whom I will support My religion? Is He not the one through whom I will spread My government? Is he not the one through whom I will avenge My enemies? Is he not the one through whom the people will worship Me, willingly or unwillingly?"

The prophets replied, "We believe in this covenant and we testify to this, O'our Lord".

Imam Muhammad Baqir (asws) then said, "Adam (as) did not deny this covenant but He did not testify to it. Therefore the religion was announced through the five messengers who testified in al Mahdi (atfs). However Adam (as) did not have the "firm resolve" to testify. This is the meaning of this ayah."
(Tafseer al Burhan vol 5 pg 191, Taweel al Ayat al Dhahira pg 313)

Sura Furqaan Ayah 26“The kingdom on that day shall rightly belong to the Beneficent Allah, and a hard day shall it be for the unbelievers.”

Ali bin Asbaat narrates from some of Our companions, “The kingdom” belongs to Allah on “that day” and on every other day but the above ayah refers to the rising of al Mahdi (atfs) when everyone will worship Allah.”
(Taweel al Ayat al Dhahira pg 369)

Hani

That's too bad for Adam (as), I didn't know he was a Nasibi.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

It turns out the 12ers were created from a different clay from Adam (as), and this is why they supposedly have no issues accepting the 12 right away.

My father, Allah may have mercy upon him, narrated to us from Abdullah bin Ja’far from Ahmed bin Mohammed from Ibn Abi Nejran that he heard Abu al-Hasan (Imam ar-Ridha) saying:
He who antagonizes our Shia is antagonizing us and whoever follows them is following us, because they are part of us. They were created from the same clay from which we were created. He who loves them is one of us, and whoever hates them is not with us. Our Shia see through the light of Allah, move about in the mercy of Allah, and will win the dignity of Allah. We feel the same pains that any of our Shia feels during ailment, we become grieved whenever any of our Shia becomes grieved, and we feel happy whenever any of our Shia feels happy. No one of our Shia can be out of our auspices, whether he was in the east or the west of the earth. The debt that is left by any of our Shia is in our responsibility while the estate is his heirs’. Our Shia are those who offer the prayers, defray the zakat, perform the hajj to the Holy House of Allah, fast during the month of Ramadan, declare their loyalty to the Prophet’s household, and declare their disavowal of the enemies of the Prophet’s household. Those are the people of faith, God-fearing, piety, and devoutness. He whoever rejects them is rejecting Allah, because they are the true servants and the genuine disciples of Allah. By Allah I swear, each individual of them will be granted (on the Day of Resurrection) the right to intercede for people as many as the individuals of the tribes of Rabeea and Madhar, out of Allah’s honor to them.
Sifat ush-Shi'a, By Sheikh Saduq
Refer to Fadhaa’il ul-Ash’hur ith-Thalatha; 105 H.95, Bihar ul-Anwar; 68:167 H.25, al-Wassail; 1:15 H.28