TwelverShia.net Forum

Verifying Reports for Authenticity

Ijtaba

Verifying Reports for Authenticity
« on: November 03, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
Salaam.

I was searching Internet for information regarding Beliefs of Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w.w) ancestors. I got following reports. I want to know their authenticity according to Ahlul Sunnah so that I may know whether to use them or not in discussions relating to Prophet Mohammed's (s.a.w.w) ancestors beliefs.

(1) It is in Quran - وَتَقَلُّبَكَ فِي السَّاجِدِينَ  [ Meaning -  And your turning over and over among those who prostrate themselves before Allah.] (Ash Shuara - 219)

Imam Fakr al-Din Razi  wrote, ‘Verily the fathers of the prophets were not disbelievers, because of the saying of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) "He is the One who sees you when you stand; and when you were transferred in the loins of the prostrating ones". The meaning is that Noor-e-Mohammadi (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) transferred from one prostrating one to the next, proving that all forefathers of Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) were Muslims.’ (Seerah Halbiyya. Imam Muhammad Abu Zuhra, vol. I, p. 103).

(2)  It is in Hadith - "You (Prophet Mohammad - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) descend from the best men of each century." (Bukhari)

Mullah Jami says: "The holy light shown on the forehead of Hadhrat Adam ( علیھ السلا م ) because he had a particle of Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ). That particle was transferred to Eve ( علیھ السلا م ), to Seth ( علیھ السلا م ).  And then to clean women from clean men,  and to clean men from clean women. That holy light was transferred to foreheads from foreheads together with that particle." (Shawahid)

(3)  It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) chose Kinanah among the sons of Ismail ( علیھ السلا م ), the Quraish among the sons of Kinana and sons of Hashim among the Quraysh. And He chose me among them." (Muslim)

(4)  It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "I descend from the best people. My ancestors are the best people." (Tirmidhi)

(5) It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) chose me among the distinguished people of Arabia. I descend from the best people." (Tabarani)

(6) It is in Hadith - Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrated : "I transferred you from the generation of one prophet to the generation of another prophet. If a father had two sons, the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) descended from the one that had the Prophet-hood." (Mawahib al-Ladunniyyah)

(7) It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "None of my grandparents committed fornication. I descend from the best fathers and clean mothers. If one of my grandfathers had two sons, I descended from the better one." (Mawahib al-Ladunniyyah)

[8] It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "All of my ancestors beginning from Adam ( علیھ السلا م ) were married couples. I am the best of you in terms of ancestors." (Daylami)

(9) It is in Hadith - The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said - "I am the most honorable person among people. I am not saying it in order to boast." (Daylami)

(10) It is in Hadith - Suyuti reported in “Al-Jami‘ Al-Saghir” on the authority of `Ali, (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said: “I was born of the best and noblest lineage after lineage, and nothing of the fornication of Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic time of ignorance) touched my birth.” Tabarani in “Al-Awsat”. Haythami said: The chain of Narrators of this Hadith have been authenticated by Hakim.

(11) It is in Hadith - Abu Nua’im writes in Dala’il al-Nabuwwa, with the chain of Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said, ‘Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) continued to transfer me from the loins of the pure to the wombs of the pure, clean and mannered. No two groups have appeared except I was the best of the two.’

(12) It is in Hadith - Imam Tirmidhi has recorded a Hadith which he classified as Hasan, as well as Imam Baihaqi from Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said : "When Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) created me, He made me from the best of creations. Then when He created the tribes, He made me from the best of tribes. And when He created souls He made me from the best of souls. Then when He created households, He made me from the best of households. Thus I am the best in terms of household, and the best in terms of souls.’

(13) It is in Hadith -  Imam Tabrani writes in Awsat and Imam Baihaqi in Dala’il, from Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا)  that the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said: "Jibreel ( علیھ السلا م ) said to me, I have searched the Earth, the Easts and the Wests, and I did not find a man better than Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), and I did not find a clan better than the clan of Bani Hashim."

After citing the above narration, Imam Suyuti includes the saying of Imam Ibn Hajar : ‘Imam Ibn Hajar said, ‘And it is known that being the best, being the chosen and preferred, comes from Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی). And in the eyes of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی), being the best cannot occur with Shirk (polytheism).

(14) It is in Quran -  يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّمَا الْمُشْرِكُونَ نَجَسٌ [Meaning - O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean.] (At Tauba - 28)

It is reported that before the fall of Makkah, Abu Sufyan (who had not accepted Islam then) went to visit Ummul Momineen, Umm-e-Habibah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) who was his daughter. He wanted to sit down on the bedding of the Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), but Umm-e-Habibah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) did not allow her father to sit on it as he was an unbeliever. She said, "You are a polytheist and hence unclean and this is a pure, clean bedding of the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم )".