TwelverShia.net Forum

What is the source of this report

sword_of_sunnah

What is the source of this report
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:18:29 AM »
Once a man approached 'Ali (RA) during the caliphate of 'Uthman (RA) and criticized them both and compared the time with that of 'Umar and AbuBakr (RA). 'Ali (RA) replied saying AbuBakr and 'Umar had people like me and 'Uthman to give them advice, whereas we have people like you.

Optimus Prime

Re: What is the source of this report
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »
I'm interested in this one too.

Hani, Farid?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
sword_of_sunnah, brother, any luck finding the source for this?

Hani

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
I found it once but forgot what book.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »
I found it once but forgot what book.

Asalamualaikum.

I hope you'll find it and let us know.

I've messaged the Omar Suleiman to ask him for the source.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:04:30 PM by Imam Ali »

Furkan

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »
Any development on this case?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

sword_of_sunnah

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 05:51:49 PM »
أمير المؤمنين ما لك اختلف الناس عليك وعلى عثمان واتفقوا على أبي بكر وعمر، فقال اتفق الناس على أبي بكر وعمر حين كان الناس أنا وعثمان، واختلف الناس علي وعلى عثمان حين كان الناس أنت وأمثالك

A man from the Khawarij came to Ameer ‘Ali (ra) and said to him: “What is wrong with you, that the people disagreed on you and ‘Uthman, while they agreed on Abu Bakr and ‘Umar?” so ‘Ali answered: “The people agreed on Abu Bakr and ‘Umar when the people were me and ‘Uthman, and they disagreed on me and ‘Uthman when they were like you and your likes.”

Meaning: The Khariji man wanted to criticize ‘Uthman (ra) and ‘Ali (ra) by telling him that the people were split concerning their right to be Caliphs, on the other hand the people never differed when it came to Abu Bakr (ra) and ‘Umar (ra). So ‘Ali (ra) would reply that when people agreed on the first two Caliphs, these people were all pious companions the likes of himself and ‘Uthman (ra), and then later the people would differ on him and ‘Uthman (ra) because the people were starting to become less pious and less God fearing like the questioner himself.

Taken from
http://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/part-6-nature-of-relationship-between-ahlebaytra-and-umarra/

Furkan

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »
What is the source of this, brother? I checked the link and found the same text as you posted but didn't see it's source.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »
What is the source of this, brother? I checked the link and found the same text as you posted but didn't see it's source.

Likewise.

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
أمير المؤمنين ما لك اختلف الناس عليك وعلى عثمان واتفقوا على أبي بكر وعمر، فقال اتفق الناس على أبي بكر وعمر حين كان الناس أنا وعثمان، واختلف الناس علي وعلى عثمان حين كان الناس أنت وأمثالك

A man from the Khawarij came to Ameer ‘Ali (ra) and said to him: “What is wrong with you, that the people disagreed on you and ‘Uthman, while they agreed on Abu Bakr and ‘Umar?” so ‘Ali answered: “The people agreed on Abu Bakr and ‘Umar when the people were me and ‘Uthman, and they disagreed on me and ‘Uthman when they were like you and your likes.”

One source I found is Miraat al-Jinan 1/95 مرآة الجنان وعبرة اليقظان By Abi Muhammad Abdullah bin As-aad al-Yaafi al-Yamani al-Makki but it is an eight century source.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com