TwelverShia.net Forum

Can Serial Liar Be Called The Truthful?

Hadrami

Can Serial Liar Be Called The Truthful?
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
Ja'far bin Muhammad is also known as Ja'far The Truthful. Sunni and Shia agree on that. Sunni believes he is never afraid to tell the truth and we have narration where he admonish tyrant face to face in their own palace. It is spot on as far as Sunni is concern thah he is called The Truthful. However, when it comes to shia's acount, they believe Ja'far for some reason often did not tell the truth. Shia even had narration where Ja'far did not tell his own followers the truth and made them confused. Can someone who often lie be called The Truthful? Why?

furhan

Re: Can Serial Liar Be Called The Truthful?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
A divinely appointed guide that deliberately misguided people in the most minor fiqh matters does not deserve to be called “the truthful”.

iceman

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:55:08 AM »
Ja'far bin Muhammad is also known as Ja'far The Truthful. Sunni and Shia agree on that. Sunni believes he is never afraid to tell the truth and we have narration where he admonish tyrant face to face in their own palace. It is spot on as far as Sunni is concern thah he is called The Truthful. However, when it comes to shia's acount, they believe Ja'far for some reason often did not tell the truth. Shia even had narration where Ja'far did not tell his own followers the truth and made them confused. Can someone who often lie be called The Truthful? Why?

What Shias believe and what not should come from the Shias, certainly not from the likes of you. We don't believe in what you have accused us concerning Imam Jaffar. You speak of this tyrant which Imam Jaffar dealt with face to face. You used the word 'admonish'. Who was this tyrant and what was his religion?😊

Was he a Muslim? If yes then he definitely wouldn't be a Shia. So then he must be a Suni. 😊

Hadrami

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
What Shias believe and what not should come from the Shias, certainly not from the likes of you. We don't believe in what you have accused us concerning Imam Jaffar. You speak of this tyrant which Imam Jaffar dealt with face to face. You used the word 'admonish'. Who was this tyrant and what was his religion?😊

Was he a Muslim? If yes then he definitely wouldn't be a Shia. So then he must be a Suni. 😊
You probably confused our imam ja'far with your version. Sunni's imam ja'far is not someone who was afraid to speak the truth or like lie to even his own followers :D

iceman

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 12:05:41 AM »
You probably confused our imam ja'far with your version. Sunni's imam ja'far is not someone who was afraid to speak the truth or like lie to even his own followers :D

You didn't answer my question. Who was this tyrant during Jaffar's time? What was his Aqeedah? 😊 Is it that difficult for you? Or are you just too hesitant and ashamed to reveal the truth. 😀

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:21 AM »
You didn't answer my question. Who was this tyrant during Jaffar's time? What was his Aqeedah? 😊 Is it that difficult for you? Or are you just too hesitant and ashamed to reveal the truth. 😀

What does aqeedah got anything to do here? Go and read biographies of his two students i.e. Imam Abu Hanifa and Imam Malik. Your version of imam Jaafar are "inferior" compared to both of them who were willing to be tortured or even killed for not letting the truth to be suppressed.

To add further, your version of imams who were contemporaries of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal should feel ashamed too.

Wallahi, what a lie being attribute to the noble progeny of Prophet (saw).

Hadrami

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 04:48:03 AM »
it doesnt matter who he was, the moral of the story is your version of jafar is a whimp & liar, but our REAL not FICTIONAL jafar is a brave man and not afraid to tell the truth 😁

Khaled

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »

I believe they were both Muslims.  I believe however that Ja'far as-Saadiq was an Imam of Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jama'ah while the Khalifah was simply a tyrant who wasn't a Muslim scholar, so it doesn't matter what his aqeedah is.
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة