TwelverShia.net Forum

Debate on Ghadeer between Sunni & Shia

Taha

Re: Debate on Ghadeer between Sunni & Shia
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »
I am disappointed and somewhat surprised; this is Ghadeer for crying out loud.

السلام عليكم

My best guess is that those who would be willing to debate are not knowledgeable and those that have knowledge do not wish to debate.  Wallahu `alim.

I definitely lack knowledge, but I could always give my humble opinion on why I think that Ghadeer was so important, but I'm sure that you brothers will have good refutations.  I'll make a thread if I have time إن شاء الله

في أمان الله

Farid

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »
^ Ghadeer is a relatively limited subject. It is not like the fiqh of prayers. I mean, one can actually encompass all the knowledge that is Ghadeer related. That being the case, the knowledgeable Shi'ee should have no excuse to not want to debate, since this topic is one of the foundations of tashayyu.

It seems to me that people of either sect would rather go against someone with less knowledge in order to win a debate and prove their point. However, a debate should be only won due to the strength of the evidence, and not due to the ignorance of the opponent.

Taha

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »
^ Ghadeer is a relatively limited subject. It is not like the fiqh of prayers. I mean, one can actually encompass all the knowledge that is Ghadeer related. That being the case, the knowledgeable Shi'ee should have no excuse to not want to debate, since this topic is one of the foundations of tashayyu.

It seems to me that people of either sect would rather go against someone with less knowledge in order to win a debate and prove their point. However, a debate should be only won due to the strength of the evidence, and not due to the ignorance of the opponent.

I absolutely agree with your final point. I plan on making a post about Ghadeer tomorrow ان شاء الله and we can see where that leads us.

Would you mind sharing with me if and where the event of Ghadeer is recorded in Sunni books?  I have a website with the top 7 hadeeth collections and I couldn't find Ghadeer anywhere.

Ameen

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »
We decided not to waste too much time, we've already presented a middle solution, no reply until this moment, so we say:

THE DEBATE CHALLENGE WILL EXPIRE IN 48 HOURS

So has your debate challenge expired, or are you still up for it????

Ameen

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
It looks like it has expired. It got my attention a bit late.

Hani

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 11:48:16 PM »
We decided not to waste too much time, we've already presented a middle solution, no reply until this moment, so we say:

So has your debate challenge expired, or are you still up for it? ???

Very old thread bro,

Also I'm currently debating Ghadeer on Arabic forums as we speak.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ameen

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 03:09:26 AM »

So has your debate challenge expired, or are you still up for it? ???

Very old thread bro,

Also I'm currently debating Ghadeer on Arabic forums as we speak.

No problem. You take all the time you need.