TwelverShia.net Forum

Hussain is one of the Asbat.

Soccer

Hussain is one of the Asbat.
« on: November 24, 2021, 03:33:45 PM »
I posted the following in making a case of eloquence of Quran. Here I'm talking about groupings of Prophets in Quran and this is just one example. I thought I would share it here, because it is significant with the Sunni-Shia issue as well.

Salam

The branches and not making distinction

Say, ‘We have faith in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and the branches, and that which Moses and Jesus were given, and that which the prophets were given from their Lord; we make no distinction between any of them and to Him do we submit.’

This is making a case for not distinguishing between Prophets, but it also makes a distinction in itself. Ismail is a branch of the foundation Ibrahim, Isaac is a branch, Jacob is a branch, Yusuf is a branch.

Then it mentions Musa who too is a foundation and Isa who is the end. This making iterative case for them, then says we believe the first and last are as significant as each other, while the start of the verse is making the case the ones in the middle are also very signficiant.

And so in the branches which Isa is the last of with respect to Musa, we don't distinguish between belief in who is more important or less. They are all significantly important and have to be accepted. The branches of foundation are not less significant then the foundation and founder.

And so we this contextualizes the concept of branches.

In Surah A'raaf it starts with the fact that we ought follow what is revealed by God and not follow other then God - Awliya.

It then emphasizes that those who didn't follow people such as Shuaib (a) were destroyed.

Getting to Mohammad (s) it says believers follow him and find him the Torah and Gospels among them. It also emphasizes on following the light revealed with him. It then emphasizes the authority in heavens and earth belongs to God and to follow Mohammad (s).

It then goes on to emphasize something significant with respect to not distinguish again.

And from the people of Musa was a way/course that guided by the truth and thereby they established justice

We saw earlier branches was emphasized with about not distinguishing between belief in Messengers but giving them all importance. Here we see they are all one way, one course.

But then the Quran says:

"And we divided them into twelve branches as ways...."

From one perspective, they are all one way, and from another they are branches of the foundation, and the means to follow Musa (a). Thereby to truly obey Musa (a), you have to obey and follow his successors who were one way from one perspective, but also split into twelve branches as ways in themselves individually.

This concept of branches leads to a concept a blessed pure tree from God that is his word of light. And we see in Surah Ibrahim this concept is mentioned and Ismail is mentioned therein as well.

Yusuf (a) is significant person as well. He is branches of the branches of Ibrahim (a).

In this respect, Mohammad (s) said with respect to his own branches:

"Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain. God loves who loves Hussain. Indeed Hussain is one of the branches (Asbaat)"

This hadith is deemed authentic by Sunni scholars.

More about groupings to continue.
By the name of God, the (universally) Compassionate, The (extremely) Compassionate; for the unity of the Togetherness; Is their unity in the travels in the winter and summer. So let them Worship the Lord of this household. The one who fed them from hunger and gave them security from fear.