TwelverShia.net Forum

Imamah for the Sake of Imamah

Farid

Imamah for the Sake of Imamah
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
Alsalam alaykum,

Here is a thought...

Shias like to argue that Mut'ah was a view held by Ibn Abbas, that some early Sunni scholars wiped their feet, that Ibn Omar used to say, "Hayya ala Khair il Amal", etc.

They argue that this is proof that their fiqh can mostly be found in our books.

After some contemplation, I do agree that even our major points of differences in fiqh were opinions that do have some weight amongst some early Sunnis.

That being said, I ask: Why do we need the Imams?

A Shi'ee would answer: To guide us to what Allah wants.

I would respond: Didn't you just say that the correct fiqh can be found in Sunni books?

A Shi'ee may respond: There are differences of opinions in your books, so the Imams are there to clarify which route to take.

I would respond: These contradictions occur in the narrations of the Imams as well. There cannot be guidance through the Imams since they are constantly doing taqiyyah.

Thus, we can conclude from this that  unlike the following of the Messenger, who was a guide to mankind, the only reason to follow the Imams is for the sake of following Imams, and NOT for guidance.

In other words, Allah created twelve men for us to follow, for the sake of following them, and not for the sake of getting closer to Allah by worshipping him in the way He is meant to be worshipped.

Rejecting anyone of those twelve men makes you a disbeliever that is eternally damned in hell.

I see no wisdom in this.

Hani

Re: Imamah for the Sake of Imamah
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »
That's why they have a narration that says that as long as you follow the Imam's Hadith, even if it's Taqiyyah and an incorrect opinion, then you are closer to God and will be rewarded.

aka, as long as that incorrect ruling is attributed to the Imams and you follow it, you're OK.

AKA, follow the Imams for the sake of following them.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Farid

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
Please quote it for our benefit with source.

Jazak Allah khairan.

Farid

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:28:33 AM »
By the way... There are haditha in which the Imams teach to love Abu Bakr and Omar.

Looks like following the Imams has made me a Bakri.

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »
I made a similar thread a while back. Funny how ~275 years of divine guidance has left Shiaism in more of a mess then their Sunni counterparts who only had ~23 years of divine guidance.
http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/what's-the-benefit-of-believing-in-imamate/msg7723/