TwelverShia.net Forum

Introducing my self and asking references

Seeker

Introducing my self and asking references
« on: March 19, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »
Hi. I'm new here and happy for this opportunity to learn about Twelver Shia from alive people not only from books.

My first approachment to Shia teaching was by a metaphysical interest. In short: I read some books of Henry Corbin and was amazed for his deep ideas. After that I have trying to get some shia knowledge from not western  sources like Tabatata'i  and Khomeini. 

I don't want talk about politic dimensions of shia now, even is an important point . My first concern is its metaphysic. So, let me make a question:

I see H. Corbin gives a totally inner sense to Mahdi during the Great Occultation. It  means, Corbin thinks Mahdi is not and individual -or not a natural individual- but some kind of spiritual, divine, presence in the follower's heart.

But even if this idea sounds good for my ears, I am not sure this is a truly shia interpretation. Because Corbin was an expert but not a shia practitioner (as far as we know).  And was not an arif but a western theoretical thinker.

And, on other side, Tabatata'i interpretation doesn't seem be just inner, not totally inner.  And about Khomeini I am not sure, but I read something about his "Wilayat ul Faqih" so doesn't seem be similar to strictly inner meaning of Imam as Corbin wrote. 

Well, if someone have a position about that, or just want tell me something, I'll be thankful.

I hope you can understand my english because I am not native in this language. Thanks.

Link

Re: Introducing my self and asking references
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
The green tree/mountain that grows in blessings and is the means for us to be bestowed fruits from God, that embraces all humanity and Jinn, by which we are connected by fabrics of love, and which by we know the rights of God and the rights of one another, is the leader and guide, and he is the help and barrier against the dark forces, and Angels descend and ascend to him and are portals to him, or else Quran would not have said "the day every human is called with their leader" and elsewhere "...the likeness of his light is..." "in house God permitted to be risen..." "Men who neither...." and elsewhere said "The the day every people will be called with a witness from themselves". and said "....and everything we have encompassed in a leader that manifests/shows" and "by the name of God is it's sailing and anchoring" "and we rose from them Twelve Captains" and "and we made from them Leaders who guide by our command" and "for every people, there is a guide"  and emphasized on the guidance Abraham was upon in guidance to God and guiding others.... "and we made it a word remaining in his seed so they may return" .

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:24:58 PM by Link »
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Hani

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:03:07 PM »
Here's all you need to know about the Mahdi:
http://www.twelvershia.net/2017/03/19/imam-mahdi/

That's what the Prophet (saw) said and taught, compare and see if it matches with what H. Corbin says.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Link

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »
The people around the world who Quran didn't reach to still had a guide and they just needed to look at the signs in their souls and horizons to discover him.

They have to look harder in the reflection for he exists within all things or his light and true essence extends to all things.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
The people around the world who Quran didn't reach to still had a guide and they just needed to look at the signs in their souls and horizons to discover him.

They have to look harder in the reflection for he exists within all things or his light and true essence extends to all things.

Exists within all things?

Seeker

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »

Thank you for all your answers and references. As I see I have to keep reading and studying because is little, truly, what I know today. 

Farid

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »
Hi Seeker,

I would suggest that you press everyone for sources and evidences when discussing such topics. You will find some brothers on here and other forums very eager to share an answer, however, they are often not ready to back it up with evidence from primary sources.

In short, yes, both Sunnis and Shias believe that the Mahdi will be a physical person. Please refer to this article for Sunni references: http://www.twelvershia.net/2017/03/19/imam-mahdi/

The Shia position is also very clear. Ayoub bin Nuh, one of the close companions of Al-Redha, after seeing that people have all pledged their allegiance to Al-Redha, came to the assumption that he was the Mahdi. (Al-Kulayni 1/210) This is evident that the early Shias believed that he was a real person.

Link

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
The Quran calls the Messenger the manifest proof (see Suratal Bayana).

The one who succeeds the Messenger must take on this position of being the proof of God on earth.

The name of God is by which all things glorify and know God, and not only that, it keeps everything alive.

The Messenger is the "Al-Bayana". There is 12 Successors to every founding Messenger.

It's not the first time the "Bayana" of God becomes hidden from people, "They ask you why not a  sign is brought down from God, say "Al-Ghayb" is for God so wait we too are waiting".

But there must be "Sign" to God that is the great tiding by which people come to know God whether it is hidden or manifest.

During Rasool time, The Bayana was hidden and not manifest for most people on earth. It was manifest to some people only (people in the region who received the message and Quran).

There will come a time when the "Bayana" or "the light of God" is most manifest to every human on earth, the Quran predicts this, and this what all Messengers came to prepare humanity for.

The wisdom of Al-Mahdi is in Quran and there is even some verses about "Al-Qiyama" that cannot be seen to refer to the day of judgement (as they make a contradiction to Quran if it refers to that), but refers to the time of rising of Imam Mahdi.

Yes in most places Yawmal Qiyama refers to the day of judgement, but there is another day predicted therein in which you can if you put verses together realize it's about Imam Mahdi.  The ahadith of Ahlulbayt also help in this regard.

With peace.