TwelverShia.net Forum

Leadership in Quran.

Link

Leadership in Quran.
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
The Quran repeats themes about Leadership in Quran and many verses talk about it.

Suratal Baqara

1. Warning of Shirk in Love and Leadership.

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ يَتَّخِذُ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ أَنْدَادًا يُحِبُّونَهُمْ كَحُبِّ اللَّهِ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَشَدُّ حُبًّا لِلَّهِ ۗ وَلَوْ يَرَى الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا إِذْ يَرَوْنَ الْعَذَابَ أَنَّ الْقُوَّةَ لِلَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعَذَابِ {165}
[2:165] And there are some among men who take for themselves objects of worship besides Allah, whom they love as they love Allah, and those who believe are stronger in love for Allah and O, that those who are unjust had seen, when they see the chastisement, that the power is wholly Allah's and that Allah is severe in requiting (evil).
إِذْ تَبَرَّأَ الَّذِينَ اتُّبِعُوا مِنَ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوا وَرَأَوُا الْعَذَابَ وَتَقَطَّعَتْ بِهِمُ الْأَسْبَابُ {166}
 2:166] When those who were followed shall renounce those who followed (them), and they see the chastisement and their ties are cut asunder.

وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوا لَوْ أَنَّ لَنَا كَرَّةً فَنَتَبَرَّأَ مِنْهُمْ كَمَا تَبَرَّءُوا مِنَّا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُرِيهِمُ اللَّهُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ حَسَرَاتٍ عَلَيْهِمْ ۖ وَمَا هُمْ بِخَارِجِينَ مِنَ النَّارِ {167}
[2:167] And those who followed shall say: Had there been for us a return, then we would renounce them as they have renounced us. Thus will Allah show them their deeds to be intense regret to them, and they shall not come forth from the fire.

Verse 2:166 warns that the unjust people are such that they follow leaders who will renounce their followers. The verses shows if we are unjust, we follow the wrong leadership. This shows if we follow the right leadership, we are not among the unjust.

2. Adam's Leadership:

The Quran emphasizes as well, in the Same Surah:

قُلْنَا اهْبِطُوا مِنْهَا جَمِيعًا ۖ فَإِمَّا يَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ مِنِّي هُدًى فَمَنْ تَبِعَ هُدَايَ فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ {38}
[Shakir 2:38] We said: Go forth from this (state) all; so surely there will come to you a guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

Following God's guidance then becomes essential, and God shows his way of Guidance of the past:

[2:30] And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a representative/ruler, they said: What! wilt Thou place in it such as shall make mischief in it and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know.
وَعَلَّمَ آدَمَ الْأَسْمَاءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى الْمَلَائِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنْبِئُونِي بِأَسْمَاءِ هَٰؤُلَاءِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ صَادِقِينَ {31}
[2:31] And He taught Adam all the names, then presented them to the angels; then He said: Tell me the names of those if you are right.
قَالُوا سُبْحَانَكَ لَا عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلَّا مَا عَلَّمْتَنَا ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ {32}
[2:32] They said: Glory be to Thee! we have no knowledge but that which Thou hast taught us; surely Thou art the Knowing, the Wise.
قَالَ يَا آدَمُ أَنْبِئْهُمْ بِأَسْمَائِهِمْ ۖ فَلَمَّا أَنْبَأَهُمْ بِأَسْمَائِهِمْ قَالَ أَلَمْ أَقُلْ لَكُمْ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ غَيْبَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَأَعْلَمُ مَا تُبْدُونَ وَمَا كُنْتُمْ تَكْتُمُونَ {33}
[2:33] He said: O Adam! inform them of their names. Then when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not say to you that I surely know what is hidden in the heavens and the earth and (that) I know what you manifest and what you hide?
وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ أَبَىٰ وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ {34}
[2:34] And when We said to the angels: Prostrate to Adam they prostrated, but Iblis (did it not). He refused and he was proud, and he was one of the unbelievers.

God knew the hidden secret of his creation and was best suited to pick who would represent him and become his ruler. Adam was such a selection, and Quran repeats the fact that God chose Adam elsewhere in Quran. Here we see it had to do with knowing "all the names" and being able to teach them. The amount of Knowledge Adam had was immense.

3. Sensitivity of God's guidance:

فَأَزَلَّهُمَا الشَّيْطَانُ عَنْهَا فَأَخْرَجَهُمَا مِمَّا كَانَا فِيهِ ۖ وَقُلْنَا اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ {36}
[Shakir 2:36] But the Shaitan made them both fall from it, and caused them to depart from that (state) in which they were; and We said: Get forth, some of you being the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an abode and a provision for a time.

Allah [swt] warned Adam but Adam disobeyed not of any malice but pure intention to get closer to God, yet even with this intention to get closer to God, it made Adam fall. This shows how essential it is to follow guidance of God at each stage and that there are dangers to falling at each stage.

4. Ibrahim's Leadership:

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا ۖ قَالَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ {124}
[2:124] And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you a leader of humans. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He.

Here we see Ibrahim is made a leader among humans.  The covenant is promised to continue in his offspring and it's promised to never reach the unjust.

Perhaps God's way of stating "my covenant doesn't include the unjust" is a way of saying "O Abraham, of course,  Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, will inherit this, as well as the chosen from your offspring because my covenant doesn't include the unjust. It is meant for those who are pure throughout their lives and indeed such people are chosen by me and known by me and leadership is not suited but for them as leadership the covenant of submission to me and are those who are the means to obeying me and following me".

5. The True Authority:

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الْمَلَإِ مِنْ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ مِنْ بَعْدِ مُوسَىٰ إِذْ قَالُوا لِنَبِيٍّ لَهُمُ ابْعَثْ لَنَا مَلِكًا نُقَاتِلْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ قَالَ هَلْ عَسَيْتُمْ إِنْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ أَلَّا تُقَاتِلُوا ۖ قَالُوا وَمَا لَنَا أَلَّا نُقَاتِلَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَقَدْ أُخْرِجْنَا مِنْ دِيَارِنَا وَأَبْنَائِنَا ۖ فَلَمَّا كُتِبَ عَلَيْهِمُ الْقِتَالُ تَوَلَّوْا إِلَّا قَلِيلًا مِنْهُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِالظَّالِمِينَ {246}
[2:246] Have you not considered the chiefs of the children of Israel after Musa, when they said to a prophet of theirs: Raise up for us a king, (that) we may fight in the way of Allah. He said: May it not be that you would not fight if fighting is ordained for you? They said: And what reason have we that we should not fight in the way of Allah, and we have indeed been compelled to abandon our homes and our children. But when fighting was ordained for them, they turned back, except a few of them, and Allah knows the unjust.
وَقَالَ لَهُمْ نَبِيُّهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ بَعَثَ لَكُمْ طَالُوتَ مَلِكًا ۚ قَالُوا أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ عَلَيْنَا وَنَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِالْمُلْكِ مِنْهُ وَلَمْ يُؤْتَ سَعَةً مِنَ الْمَالِ ۚ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَاهُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَزَادَهُ بَسْطَةً فِي الْعِلْمِ وَالْجِسْمِ ۖ وَاللَّهُ يُؤْتِي مُلْكَهُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ {247}
[Shakir 2:247] And their prophet said to them: Surely Allah has raised Talut to be a king over you. They said: How can he hold kingship over us while we have a greater right to kingship than he, and he has not been granted an abundance of wealth? He said: Surely Allah has chosen him in preference to you, and He has increased him abundantly in knowledge and physique, and Allah grants His authority to whom He pleases, and Allah is Amplegiving, Knowing.
وَقَالَ لَهُمْ نَبِيُّهُمْ إِنَّ آيَةَ مُلْكِهِ أَنْ يَأْتِيَكُمُ التَّابُوتُ فِيهِ سَكِينَةٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ وَبَقِيَّةٌ مِمَّا تَرَكَ آلُ مُوسَىٰ وَآلُ هَارُونَ تَحْمِلُهُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ {248}
[Shakir 2:248] And the prophet said to them: Surely the sign of His authority is, that there shall come to you the chest in which there is tranquillity from your Lord and residue of the relics of what the family of Musa and the family of Haroun have left, the angels bearing it; most surely there is a sign in this for those who believe.
فَلَمَّا فَصَلَ طَالُوتُ بِالْجُنُودِ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مُبْتَلِيكُمْ بِنَهَرٍ فَمَنْ شَرِبَ مِنْهُ فَلَيْسَ مِنِّي وَمَنْ لَمْ يَطْعَمْهُ فَإِنَّهُ مِنِّي إِلَّا مَنِ اغْتَرَفَ غُرْفَةً بِيَدِهِ ۚ فَشَرِبُوا مِنْهُ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا مِنْهُمْ ۚ فَلَمَّا جَاوَزَهُ هُوَ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ قَالُوا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا الْيَوْمَ بِجَالُوتَ وَجُنُودِهِ ۚ قَالَ الَّذِينَ يَظُنُّونَ أَنَّهُمْ مُلَاقُو اللَّهِ كَمْ مِنْ فِئَةٍ قَلِيلَةٍ غَلَبَتْ فِئَةً كَثِيرَةً بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ {249}
[Shakir 2:249] So when Talut departed with the forces, he said: Surely Allah will try you with a river; whoever then drinks from it, he is not of me, and whoever does not taste of it, he is surely of me, except he who takes with his hand as much of it as fills the hand; but with the exception of a few of them they drank from it. So when he had crossed it, he and those who believed with him, they said: We have today no power against Jalut and his forces. Those who were sure that they would meet their Lord said: How often has a small party vanquished a numerous host by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.
وَلَمَّا بَرَزُوا لِجَالُوتَ وَجُنُودِهِ قَالُوا رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ {250}
[Shakir 2:250] And when they went out against Jalut and his forces they said: Our Lord, pour down upon us patience, and make our steps firm and assist us against the unbelieving people.
فَهَزَمُوهُمْ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَقَتَلَ دَاوُودُ جَالُوتَ وَآتَاهُ اللَّهُ الْمُلْكَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَعَلَّمَهُ مِمَّا يَشَاءُ ۗ وَلَوْلَا دَفْعُ اللَّهِ النَّاسَ بَعْضَهُمْ بِبَعْضٍ لَفَسَدَتِ الْأَرْضُ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {251}
[Shakir 2:251] So they put them to flight by Allah's permission. And Dawood slew Jalut, and Allah gave him kingdom and wisdom, and taught him of what He pleased. And were it not for Allah's repelling some men with others, the earth would certainly be in a state of disorder; but Allah is Gracious to the creatures.
تِلْكَ آيَاتُ اللَّهِ نَتْلُوهَا عَلَيْكَ بِالْحَقِّ ۚ وَإِنَّكَ لَمِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ {252}
[Shakir 2:252] These are the communications of Allah: We recite them to you with truth; and most surely you are (one) of the messengers.
تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ ۘ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَٰكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَفَرَ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ {253}
[Shakir 2:253] We have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْفِقُوا مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ يَوْمٌ لَا بَيْعٌ فِيهِ وَلَا خُلَّةٌ وَلَا شَفَاعَةٌ ۗ وَالْكَافِرُونَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ {254}
[Shakir 2:254] O you who believe! spend out of what We have given you before the day comes in which there is no bargaining, neither any friendship nor intercession, and the unbelievers-- they are the unjust.
اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ ۚ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ ۚ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ ۚ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ ۚ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ ۖ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ {255}
[Shakir 2:255] Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great.
لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ ۖ قَدْ تَبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ ۚ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِنْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انْفِصَامَ لَهَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ {256}
[Shakir 2:256] There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
اللَّهُ وَلِيُّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا يُخْرِجُهُمْ مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَوْلِيَاؤُهُمُ الطَّاغُوتُ يُخْرِجُونَهُمْ مِنَ النُّورِ إِلَى الظُّلُمَاتِ ۗ أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ {257}
[Shakir 2:257] Allah is the guardian of those who believe. He brings them out of the darkness into the light; and (as to) those who disbelieve, their guardians are Shaitans who take them out of the light into the darkness; they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide.
أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِي حَاجَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ فِي رَبِّهِ أَنْ آتَاهُ اللَّهُ الْمُلْكَ إِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّيَ الَّذِي يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ قَالَ أَنَا أُحْيِي وَأُمِيتُ ۖ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْتِي بِالشَّمْسِ مِنَ الْمَشْرِقِ فَأْتِ بِهَا مِنَ الْمَغْرِبِ فَبُهِتَ الَّذِي كَفَرَ ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ {258}
[2:258] Have you not considered him (Namrud) who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord, because Allah had given him the authority? When Ibrahim said: My Lord is He who gives life and causes to die, he said: I give life and cause death. Ibrahim said: So surely Allah causes the sun to rise from the east, then make it rise from the west; thus he who disbelieved was confounded, and Allah does not guide aright the unjust people.

We see here there is a clarification that the chosen ones held authority both spiritual and politically.   The Messengers of God such as Abraham, Talut, and Dawood were such that they were chosen Kings, and so this shows the extent Bani-Israel became insincere towards the True King of the universe who appoints Kings on his behalf, and who's seat extends upon all things and who's authority encompasses the heavens and the earth, and who vests his authority to who he pleases.

6. Warning believers not to take on mantle of leadership:

[Pickthal 2:104] O ye who believe, say not : "Listen to us" but say "Look upon us," and be ye listeners. For disbelievers is a painful doom.

It's important that believers be listeners and that people look towards them to teach the guidance they learn, but that is far off from the right of being obeyed and listened to.

We see in this Surah:

1. Leadership is a divine office God takes upon himself "a guidance will come from me" "God gives his authority to who he pleases".
2. Warning of leadership of unjust,  "those who were followed will dissociate from those who followed them".
3. Warning not take mantle "Do not say "listen to us"".

Next we will look at Suratal Auli-Imran and Leadership.... Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:51:06 AM by Link »
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Link

Re: Leadership in Quran.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:10:30 PM »
Suratal Auli-Imran

We see that in verses where God being the Living, is emphasized in Suratal Baqara, there was also emphasis that who believes in God and disbelieves in the Taghut, has held on to the strongest handhold.

Indeed the Taghut in the verses there are said to be the authorities/guardians of disbelievers who bring them from the light to the darkness.

Suratal Auli-Imran begins with reminding of this by allusion to the Ayatal Kusri as a reminder of the discussion of the Surah before, but it also brings it some interesting questions and perspectives.

1.  True interpreters and the Clear signs of Quran.

The Quran argues that despite Tawrat and Injeel being a guidance in the past, something went terribly wrong.  It then goes on to a discourse.   That the Quran has clear signs of guidance, these are the foundations of the book, and from it also comes unclear ambiguities. Those with a problem with their heart will follow that which is unclear from it.

Indeed, this a question, although God may reveal a perfect revelation with clear signs and clear arguments,  does it guarantee that everything of it will be followed or that it's most essential teachings are followed.

Here it's a warning that people with a disease in their hearts, they will follow that which is unclear from it.   What is unclear from it doesn't mean it's treasured deep teachings, rather, it means what is believed to be of the book but the person has no knowledge the book actually teaches that. They are rather seeking to interpret the book by their opinions rather than the book enlightening them.

The verse then reminds of those who are firmly rooted in knowledge, those who believe in the book the whole of it being from God.

It is these souls who understand how vital every verse is from God. That they all play role in Quran that connects the guidance to the highest and that all are clear signs in the hearts of those who possess knowledge as other verses show.

And here the Quran right away reminds of those who are firmly rooted in knowledge. We saw that Bani-Israel in the last Surah could not recognize true Kings from God and recognize his true authority.

Here the question is about who are the true interprets of his revelations.  We have to take a step back and see indeed what happened to the nation before and those before them.   How were revelations supposed to be approached?

2. The Prophet as means to submit to God.

Indeed we see the Surah is among the Surahs that begin to emphasize why it's essential to follow the Prophet. Indeed we cannot separate following the book from following the Prophet.

First, the inward Spirit of submission to God cannot be contained in words but rather the reminder of it has a reality, and that reality is the Prophet:

فَإِنْ حَاجُّوكَ فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ ۗ وَقُلْ لِلَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ وَالْأُمِّيِّينَ أَأَسْلَمْتُمْ ۚ فَإِنْ أَسْلَمُوا فَقَدِ اهْتَدَوْا ۖ وَإِنْ تَوَلَّوْا فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلَاغُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ {20}
[Shakir 3:20] But if they dispute with you, say: I have submitted myself entirely to Allah and (so) every one who follows me; and say to those who have been given the Book and the unlearned people: Do you submit yourselves? So if they submit then indeed they follow the right way; and if they turn back, then upon you is only the delivery of the message and Allah sees the servants.

Than there is a contrast between the False Kings who slew the Prophets in the past and would continue to do so if there were Prophets in the future and that of the Prophet's Authority given by God:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَكْفُرُونَ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَيَقْتُلُونَ النَّبِيِّينَ بِغَيْرِ حَقٍّ وَيَقْتُلُونَ الَّذِينَ يَأْمُرُونَ بِالْقِسْطِ مِنَ النَّاسِ فَبَشِّرْهُمْ بِعَذَابٍ أَلِيمٍ {21}
[Shakir 3:21] Surely (as for) those who disbelieve in the communications of Allah and slay the prophets unjustly and slay those among men who enjoin justice, announce to them a painful chastisement.
أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ حَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَمَا لَهُمْ مِنْ نَاصِرِينَ {22}
[Shakir 3:22] Those are they whose works shall become null in this world as well as the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.
أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا نَصِيبًا مِنَ الْكِتَابِ يُدْعَوْنَ إِلَىٰ كِتَابِ اللَّهِ لِيَحْكُمَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ يَتَوَلَّىٰ فَرِيقٌ مِنْهُمْ وَهُمْ مُعْرِضُونَ {23}
[Shakir 3:23] Have you not considered those (Jews) who are given a portion of the Book? They are invited to the Book of Allah that it might decide between them, then a part of them turn back and they withdraw.
ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا لَنْ تَمَسَّنَا النَّارُ إِلَّا أَيَّامًا مَعْدُودَاتٍ ۖ وَغَرَّهُمْ فِي دِينِهِمْ مَا كَانُوا يَفْتَرُونَ {24}
[Shakir 3:24] This is because they say: The fire shall not touch us but for a few days; and what they have forged deceives them in the matter of their religion.
فَكَيْفَ إِذَا جَمَعْنَاهُمْ لِيَوْمٍ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ وَوُفِّيَتْ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَا كَسَبَتْ وَهُمْ لَا يُظْلَمُونَ {25}
[Shakir 3:25] Then how will it be when We shall gather them together on a day about which there is no doubt, and every soul shall be fully paid what it has earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly?
قُلِ اللَّهُمَّ مَالِكَ الْمُلْكِ تُؤْتِي الْمُلْكَ مَنْ تَشَاءُ وَتَنْزِعُ الْمُلْكَ مِمَّنْ تَشَاءُ وَتُعِزُّ مَنْ تَشَاءُ وَتُذِلُّ مَنْ تَشَاءُ ۖ بِيَدِكَ الْخَيْرُ ۖ إِنَّكَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ {26}
[3:26] Say: O Allah, Master of the Authority! Thou givest the Authority to whomsoever Thou pleasest and takest away the authority from whomsoever Thou pleasest, and Thou exaltest whom Thou pleasest and abasest whom Thou pleasest in Thine hand is the good; surety, Thou hast power over all things.

And here we see that the Surah has parallels and allusions to other Surahs of Quran including that of Suratal Baqara and the Talk of Authority and Leadership there.  Here it re-emphasizes that God gives his authority to who he pleases.

And hence we see those who recognize the Prophet as a means to submit to God, recognize he is the True King and Master.

3. The Leadership of the chosen families.

[Shakir 3:31] Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
قُلْ أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ ۖ فَإِنْ تَوَلَّوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْكَافِرِينَ {32}
[Shakir 3:32] Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَىٰ آدَمَ وَنُوحًا وَآلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَآلَ عِمْرَانَ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {33}
[Shakir 3:33] Surely Allah chose Adam and Nuh and the descendants of Ibrahim and the descendants of Imran above the nations.
ذُرِّيَّةً بَعْضُهَا مِنْ بَعْضٍ ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ {34}
[Shakir 3:34] Offspring one of the other; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
إِذْ قَالَتِ امْرَأَتُ عِمْرَانَ رَبِّ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لَكَ مَا فِي بَطْنِي مُحَرَّرًا فَتَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ {35}

We see now re-emphasis on the Mastership of Mohammad with that of God's constant way of chosing holy souls like Adam and Nuh but as well chosne families such as the household of Abraham and the household of Imran.

Now we see the past Surah it emphasized on the "family of Moses" and "family of Aeron" being one family. Here we see that Imran is part of such a family, and that family is as well his family.

This is similar to how the family of Abraham is also called the family of Jacob else where in Quran.  The question arsise is this bond simply that of blood? It is simple being chosen leaders and being blood?

4. The closest to Abraham:

إِنَّ أَوْلَى النَّاسِ بِإِبْرَاهِيمَ لَلَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُ وَهَٰذَا النَّبِيُّ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَلِيُّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ {68}
[Shakir 3:68] Most surely the nearest of people to Ibrahim are those who followed him and this Prophet and those who believe and Allah is the guardian of the believers.

When it comes to souls like Abraham,  if one is unjust and is closely related by blood, and one who is not of his blood but followed him, the latter is closer to him.

The question then arises was his true family?  The true family being chosen but not being all his followers, refers to those who are exceptionally close to him.

The Quran is saying there was a constant way with chosen families, that even Bani-Israel had one, being called the family of Moses/Aeron/Imran/Dawood in Quran.

That what binds them is more then blood but a spiritual bondage where they are close to one another in ways we don't appreciate but can get a scent of.

Leadership of the "people of the book" vs Guidance from God

وَلَا تُؤْمِنُوا إِلَّا لِمَنْ تَبِعَ دِينَكُمْ قُلْ إِنَّ الْهُدَىٰ هُدَى اللَّهِ أَنْ يُؤْتَىٰ أَحَدٌ مِثْلَ مَا أُوتِيتُمْ أَوْ يُحَاجُّوكُمْ عِنْدَ رَبِّكُمْ ۗ قُلْ إِنَّ الْفَضْلَ بِيَدِ اللَّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ {73}
[Shakir 3:73] And do not believe but in him who follows your religion. Say: Surely the (true) guidance is the guidance of Allah-- that one may be given (by Him) the like of what you were given; or they would contend with you by an argument before your Lord. Say: Surely grace is in the hand of Allah, He gives it to whom He pleases; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
يَخْتَصُّ بِرَحْمَتِهِ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ {74}
[Shakir 3:74] He specially chooses for His mercy whom He pleases; and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace.

We see people of the book were not following the Prophet and hence were not worthy of leadership in the first place. Indeed the Quran then emphasizes an important point "the guidance of God is the guidance" which may seem like a meaninglness tautalogy but it's anything but that!

You see it's saying the real guidance is guidance from God, but if we make guidance of humans all guidance of God, than this would be a meaningless tautalogy and just saying nothing really.

What it's really saying is the Guidance that people ought to seek should be from God and they should seek guidance from God and depend on him such that he does guide them through means he has chosen, such Adam and Noah or the family of Abraham or the family of Moses/Aeron.

No clergy class, all humans commanded to be religious scholars!

وَإِنَّ مِنْهُمْ لَفَرِيقًا يَلْوُونَ أَلْسِنَتَهُمْ بِالْكِتَابِ لِتَحْسَبُوهُ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَيَقُولُونَ هُوَ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ وَيَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ {78}
[Shakir 3:78] Most surely there is a party amongst those who distort the Book with their tongue that you may consider it to be (a part) of the Book, and they say, It is from Allah, while it is not from Allah, and they tell a lie against Allah whilst they know.
مَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَنْ يُؤْتِيَهُ اللَّهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحُكْمَ وَالنُّبُوَّةَ ثُمَّ يَقُولَ لِلنَّاسِ كُونُوا عِبَادًا لِي مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلَٰكِنْ كُونُوا رَبَّانِيِّينَ بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تُعَلِّمُونَ الْكِتَابَ وَبِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَدْرُسُونَ {79}
[3:79] It is not meet for a mortal that Allah should give him the Book and the wisdom and prophethood, then he should say to men: Be my servants rather than Allah's; but rather (he would say): Be Rabaniyeen because of your teaching the Book and your reading (it yourselves).
وَلَا يَأْمُرَكُمْ أَنْ تَتَّخِذُوا الْمَلَائِكَةَ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ أَرْبَابًا ۗ أَيَأْمُرُكُمْ بِالْكُفْرِ بَعْدَ إِذْ أَنْتُمْ مُسْلِمُونَ {80}

Rabanis means four things:

1. Learning the religion.
2. Teaching the religion.
3. Worshiping God sincerely.
4. Being detached from the Dunya and carnal self.

The Quran shows this is something all Prophets commanded their people.  There was never suppose to be a clergy class that represents the book and Prophets, but rather all believers are commanded to be religious scholars!

5.  The place of Yahya as a Pure Master.

فَنَادَتْهُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ وَهُوَ قَائِمٌ يُصَلِّي فِي الْمِحْرَابِ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكَ بِيَحْيَىٰ مُصَدِّقًا بِكَلِمَةٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَسَيِّدًا وَحَصُورًا وَنَبِيًّا مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ {39}

Yahya is called "a Master" and this verse among the many verses is showing such titles are reserved for his chosen ones.

While we are all commanded to be scholars, it's not like we are all commanded to take such position and claim leadership and mastery over other humans!

6.  A rope from humans and rope from God

ضُرِبَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الذِّلَّةُ أَيْنَ مَا ثُقِفُوا إِلَّا بِحَبْلٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَحَبْلٍ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَبَاءُوا بِغَضَبٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَضُرِبَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَسْكَنَةُ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يَكْفُرُونَ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَيَقْتُلُونَ الْأَنْبِيَاءَ بِغَيْرِ حَقٍّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِمَا عَصَوْا وَكَانُوا يَعْتَدُونَ {112}

[Pickthal 3:112] Ignominy shall be their portion wheresoever they are found save (where they grasp) a rope from Allah and a rope from men. They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them. That is because they used to disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slew the prophets wrongfully. That is because they were rebellious and used to transgress.

We see here essential to be guided was a rope from God and rope from humans. We see that the rope of God is such that it is both from him and from humans.

The Messenger was such a rope:

وَكَيْفَ تَكْفُرُونَ وَأَنْتُمْ تُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْكُمْ آيَاتُ اللَّهِ وَفِيكُمْ رَسُولُهُ ۗ وَمَنْ يَعْتَصِمْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ هُدِيَ إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ {101}

[Shakir 3:101] But how can you disbelieve while it is you to whom the communications of Allah are recited, and among you is His Messenger? And whoever holds fast to Allah, he indeed is guided to the right path.

7.  Rope to be held on to and don't turn on your backs.

102] O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah with the care which is due to Him, and do not die unless you are Muslims.
[Pickthal 3:102] O ye who believe! Observe your duty to Allah with right observance, and die not save as those who have surrendered (unto Him)
[Yusufali 3:102] O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam.
وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا ۚ وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنْتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُمْ بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنْتُمْ عَلَىٰ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِنَ النَّارِ فَأَنْقَذَكُمْ مِنْهَا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ {103}
[Shakir 3:103] And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited, and remember the favor of Allah on you when you were enemies, then He united your hearts so by His favor you became brethren; and you were on the brink of a pit of fire, then He saved you from it, thus does Allah make clear to you His communications that you may follow the right way.
[Pickthal 3:103] And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favour unto you: How ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided,
[Yusufali 3:103] And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.
وَلْتَكُنْ مِنْكُمْ أُمَّةٌ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى الْخَيْرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ ۚ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ {104}
[Shakir 3:104] And from among you there should be a party who invite to good and enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong, and these it is that shall be successful.
[Pickthal 3:104] And there may spring from you a nation who invite to goodness, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency. Such are they who are successful.
[Yusufali 3:104] Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.
وَلَا تَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ تَفَرَّقُوا وَاخْتَلَفُوا مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ ۚ وَأُولَٰئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ {105}
[Shakir 3:105] And be not like those who became divided and disagreed after clear arguments had come to them, and these it is that shall have a grievous chastisement.
[Pickthal 3:105] And be ye not as those who separated and disputed after the clear proofs had come unto them. For such there is an awful doom,
[Yusufali 3:105] Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty,-
يَوْمَ تَبْيَضُّ وُجُوهٌ وَتَسْوَدُّ وُجُوهٌ ۚ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ اسْوَدَّتْ وُجُوهُهُمْ أَكَفَرْتُمْ بَعْدَ إِيمَانِكُمْ فَذُوقُوا الْعَذَابَ بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَكْفُرُونَ {106}
[Shakir 3:106] On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved.
[Pickthal 3:106] On the Day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieved ye after your (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieved.
[Yusufali 3:106] On the Day when some faces will be (lit up with) white, and some faces will be (in the gloom of) black: To those whose faces will be black, (will be said): "Did ye reject Faith after accepting it? Taste then the penalty for rejecting Faith."
وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ ابْيَضَّتْ وُجُوهُهُمْ فَفِي رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ {107}
[Shakir 3:107] And as to those whose faces turn white, they shall be in Allah's mercy; in it they shall-abide.
[Pickthal 3:107] And as for those whose faces have been whitened, in the mercy of Allah they dwell for ever.
[Yusufali 3:107] But those whose faces will be (lit with) white,- they will be in (the light of) Allah's mercy: therein to dwell (for ever).

We see here it's a huge warning not to turn our backs but rather to hold on to the rope of God. We see in the past this was through chosen families and the Messenger is such a rope to hold on, and says regarding this rope:

وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلَّا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ ۚ أَفَإِنْ مَاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انْقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَىٰ أَعْقَابِكُمْ ۚ وَمَنْ يَنْقَلِبْ عَلَىٰ عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَنْ يَضُرَّ اللَّهَ شَيْئًا ۗ وَسَيَجْزِي اللَّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ {144}
[Shakir 3:144] And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.
[Pickthal 3:144] Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dieth or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels? He who turneth back on his heels doth no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful.
[Yusufali 3:144] Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.
وَمَا كَانَ لِنَفْسٍ أَنْ تَمُوتَ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ كِتَابًا مُؤَجَّلًا ۗ وَمَنْ يُرِدْ ثَوَابَ الدُّنْيَا نُؤْتِهِ مِنْهَا وَمَنْ يُرِدْ ثَوَابَ الْآخِرَةِ نُؤْتِهِ مِنْهَا ۚ وَسَنَجْزِي الشَّاكِرِينَ {145}
[Shakir 3:145] And a soul will not die but with the permission of Allah the term is fixed; and whoever desires the reward of this world, I shall give him of it, and whoever desires the reward of the hereafter I shall give him of it, and I will reward the grateful.
[Pickthal 3:145] No soul can ever die except by Allah's leave and at a term appointed. Whoso desireth the reward of the world, We bestow on him thereof; and whoso desireth the reward of the Hereafter, We bestow on him thereof. We shall reward the thankful.
[Yusufali 3:145] Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude.
وَكَأَيِّنْ مِنْ نَبِيٍّ قَاتَلَ مَعَهُ رِبِّيُّونَ كَثِيرٌ فَمَا وَهَنُوا لِمَا أَصَابَهُمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَمَا ضَعُفُوا وَمَا اسْتَكَانُوا ۗ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الصَّابِرِينَ {146}
[Shakir 3:146] And how many a prophet has fought with whom were many worshippers of the Lord; so they did not become weak-hearted on account of what befell them in Allah's way, nor did they weaken, nor did they abase themselves; and Allah loves the patient.
[Pickthal 3:146] And with how many a prophet have there been a number of devoted men who fought (beside him). They quailed not for aught that befell them in the way of Allah, nor did they weaken, nor were they brought low. Allah loveth the steadfast.
[Yusufali 3:146] How many of the prophets fought (in Allah's way), and with them (fought) Large bands of godly men? but they never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast.
وَمَا كَانَ قَوْلَهُمْ إِلَّا أَنْ قَالُوا رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ {147}
[Shakir 3:147] And their saying was no other than that they said: Our Lord! forgive us our faults and our extravagance in our affair and make firm our feet and help us against the unbelieving people.
[Pickthal 3:147] Their cry was only that they said: Our Lord! forgive us for our sins and wasted efforts, make our foothold sure, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk.
[Yusufali 3:147] All that they said was: "Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith."
فَآتَاهُمُ اللَّهُ ثَوَابَ الدُّنْيَا وَحُسْنَ ثَوَابِ الْآخِرَةِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ {148}
[Shakir 3:148] So Allah gave them the reward of this world and better reward of the hereafter and Allah loves those who do good (to others).
[Pickthal 3:148] So Allah gave them the reward of the world and the good reward of the Hereafter. Allah loveth those whose deeds are good.
[Yusufali 3:148] And Allah gave them a reward in this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. For Allah Loveth those who do good.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنْ تُطِيعُوا الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يَرُدُّوكُمْ عَلَىٰ أَعْقَابِكُمْ فَتَنْقَلِبُوا خَاسِرِينَ {149}
[Shakir 3:149] O you who believe! if you obey those who disbelieve they will turn you back upon your heels, so you will turn back losers.
[Pickthal 3:149] O ye who believe! if ye obey those who disbelieve, they will make you turn back on your heels, and ye turn back as losers.
[Yusufali 3:149] O ye who believe! If ye obey the Unbelievers, they will drive you back on your heels, and ye will turn back (from Faith) to your own loss.
بَلِ اللَّهُ مَوْلَاكُمْ ۖ وَهُوَ خَيْرُ النَّاصِرِينَ {150}
[Shakir 3:150] Nay! Allah is your Patron and He is the best of the helpers.
[Pickthal 3:150] But Allah is your Protector, and He is the Best of Helpers.
[Yusufali 3:150] Nay, Allah is your protector, and He is the best of helpers.

8. Who is the "us" with Mohammad in this verse?

فَمَنْ حَاجَّكَ فِيهِ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ وَنِسَاءَنَا وَنِسَاءَكُمْ وَأَنْفُسَنَا وَأَنْفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَلْ لَعْنَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ {61}
[Shakir 3:61] But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.
[Pickthal 3:61] And whoso disputeth with thee concerning him, after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, say (unto him): Come! We will summon our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and ourselves and yourselves, then we will pray humbly (to our Lord) and (solemnly) invoke the curse of Allah upon those who lie.
[Yusufali 3:61] If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!"

This group was known per hadiths to be Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, and the Messenger himself during that time!

There is a theme of chose families and rope of God, explaining in detail what was meant by handhold of God in Suratal Baqara and the talk of Talut's authority with the family of Moses and Aeron.

The "us" here is particulary a group that everyone else is negated from during that time except Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain!

The Prophet is reported to have on this event said "O God, these are my family!".

It is they who are meant to interpret the Quran for people, just as the family of Imran was meant to interpret the Torah before for Bani-Israel!

9.  Purity.

There was many verses that tied the issue of leadership with purity, but showing that is up to God to manifest who is pure, as opposed to who may by our desires attribute purity to.

This theme important and will be seen emphasized else where in Quran. Mariam, Yahya, and Jesus were all emphasized to be instances were God manifested their purity and attributed  them purity with clear proofs.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:12:21 PM by Link »

Link

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:18:03 PM »

Suratal Nisa

The Surah before emphasized that men and women are unlike, but emphasized on the honorable chosen Mariam, the Mother of Jesus.  It also showed both were meant to be religious scholars and learned in religion.

In this Surah, some notable distinctions in the Shariah between men and women occur, for example, in the case of inheritance.  God knew these rules to some humans would seem unfair and unjust towards women.

This is why the Surah is reminding of the philosophy of Islam along with these rules. Mainly God knows humanity better themselves, is best fit to organize them, and has the right knowing his creation to even set gender roles.

Indeed men are not superior to women nor women superior to men except in Taqwa. The first thus starts to remind that both of them have the name of God with them to have Taqwa of Allah who created both of them and have Taqwa of who neither is male or female but is their source and eternal origin who defines them and witnesses through himself exactly what each individual is and what features they have.

Allah [swt] has the right to legislate and judge between disputes in society, but he doesn't do so directly.  He rather sends Messengers with a clear message and establishes his limits therein.

This blessed Surah unites a lot of themes in Quran and brings them together so let's begin to pay attention.

1. God wants us to guide in the ways of those before us!

يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُبَيِّنَ لَكُمْ وَيَهْدِيَكُمْ سُنَنَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ وَيَتُوبَ عَلَيْكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ {26}
[4:26] Allah desires to explain to you, and to guide you ii the ways of those before you, and to turn to you (mercifully), and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Indeed this verse shows the way of the past is not merely of stories, but that God is showing a way, a constant way, because he wishes to continue such guidance and guide us upon the path in the ways he guided those before us.

2. The witnesses from us

فَكَيْفَ إِذَا جِئْنَا مِنْ كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ بِشَهِيدٍ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ عَلَىٰ هَٰؤُلَاءِ شَهِيدًا {41}
[Shakir 4:41] How will it be, then, when We bring from every people a witness and bring you as a witness against these?
يَوْمَئِذٍ يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَعَصَوُا الرَّسُولَ لَوْ تُسَوَّىٰ بِهِمُ الْأَرْضُ وَلَا يَكْتُمُونَ اللَّهَ حَدِيثًا {42}
[Shakir 4:42] On that day will those who disbelieve and disobey the Messenger desire that the earth were levelled with them, and they shall not hide any word from Allah.

The Surah reminds among many Surahs Quran that each people have a witness from among themselves.  Every people had a witness who they called be called with on the day of judgment.

Another verse says "The day every human is called with their leader" showing the witness and leader are one and the same.

3. Those who attribute purity to themselves

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا نَصِيبًا مِنَ الْكِتَابِ يَشْتَرُونَ الضَّلَالَةَ وَيُرِيدُونَ أَنْ تَضِلُّوا السَّبِيلَ {44}
[Shakir 4:44] Have you not considered those to whom a portion of the Book has been given? They buy error and desire that you should go astray from the way.
[Pickthal 4:44] Seest thou not those unto whom a portion of the Scripture hath been given, how they purchase error, and seek to make you (Muslims) err from the right way?
[Yusufali 4:44] Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were given a portion of the Book? they traffic in error, and wish that ye should lose the right path.
وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِأَعْدَائِكُمْ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَلِيًّا وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ نَصِيرًا {45}
[Shakir 4:45] And Allah best knows your enemies; and Allah suffices as a Guardian, and Allah suffices as a Helper.
[Pickthal 4:45] Allah knoweth best (who are) your enemies. Allah is sufficient as a Guardian, and Allah is sufficient as a Supporter.
[Yusufali 4:45] But Allah hath full knowledge of your enemies: Allah is enough for a protector, and Allah is enough for a Helper.
مِنَ الَّذِينَ هَادُوا يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَنْ مَوَاضِعِهِ وَيَقُولُونَ سَمِعْنَا وَعَصَيْنَا وَاسْمَعْ غَيْرَ مُسْمَعٍ وَرَاعِنَا لَيًّا بِأَلْسِنَتِهِمْ وَطَعْنًا فِي الدِّينِ ۚ وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا وَاسْمَعْ وَانْظُرْنَا لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُمْ وَأَقْوَمَ وَلَٰكِنْ لَعَنَهُمُ اللَّهُ بِكُفْرِهِمْ فَلَا يُؤْمِنُونَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا {46}
[Shakir 4:46] Of those who are Jews (there are those who) alter words from their places and say: We have heard and we disobey and: Hear, may you not be made to hear! and: Raina, distorting (the word) with their tongues and taunting about religion; and if they had said (instead): We have heard and we obey, and hearken, and unzurna it would have been better for them and more upright; but Allah has cursed them on account of their unbelief, so they do not believe but a little.
[Pickthal 4:46] Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say: "We hear and disobey; hear thou as one who heareth not" and "Listen to us!" distorting with their tongues and slandering religion. If they had said: "We hear and we obey: hear thou, and look at us" it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.
[Yusufali 4:46] Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: "We hear and we disobey"; and "Hear what is not Heard"; and "Ra'ina"; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith. If only they had said: "What hear and we obey"; and "Do hear"; and "Do look at us"; it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hath cursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ آمِنُوا بِمَا نَزَّلْنَا مُصَدِّقًا لِمَا مَعَكُمْ مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ نَطْمِسَ وُجُوهًا فَنَرُدَّهَا عَلَىٰ أَدْبَارِهَا أَوْ نَلْعَنَهُمْ كَمَا لَعَنَّا أَصْحَابَ السَّبْتِ ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ مَفْعُولًا {47}
[Shakir 4:47] O you who have been given the Book! believe that which We have revealed, verifying what you have, before We alter faces then turn them on their backs, or curse them as We cursed the violaters of the Sabbath, and the command of Allah shall be executed.
[Pickthal 4:47] O ye unto whom the Scripture hath been given! Believe in what We have revealed confirming that which ye possess, before We destroy countenances so as to confound them, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers (of old time). The commandment of Allah is always executed.
[Yusufali 4:47] O ye People of the Book! believe in what We have (now) revealed, confirming what was (already) with you, before We change the face and fame of some (of you) beyond all recognition, and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah Must be carried out.
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَغْفِرُ أَنْ يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ ۚ وَمَنْ يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ افْتَرَىٰ إِثْمًا عَظِيمًا {48}
[Shakir 4:48] Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin.
[Pickthal 4:48] Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgiveth (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin.
[Yusufali 4:48] Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ يُزَكُّونَ أَنْفُسَهُمْ ۚ بَلِ اللَّهُ يُزَكِّي مَنْ يَشَاءُ وَلَا يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلًا {49}
[Shakir 4:49] Have you not considered those who attribute purity to themselves? Nay, Allah purifies whom He pleases; and they shall not be wronged the husk of a date stone.
[Pickthal 4:49] Hast thou not seen those who praise themselves for purity? Nay, Allah purifieth whom He will, and they will not be wronged even the hair upon a date-stone.
[Yusufali 4:49] Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who claim sanctity for themselves? Nay-but Allah Doth sanctify whom He pleaseth. But never will they fail to receive justice in the least little thing.
انْظُرْ كَيْفَ يَفْتَرُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ ۖ وَكَفَىٰ بِهِ إِثْمًا مُبِينًا {50}
[Shakir 4:50] See how they forge the lie against Allah, and this is sufficient as a manifest sin.
[Pickthal 4:50] See, how they invent lies about Allah! That of itself is flagrant sin.
[Yusufali 4:50] Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah! but that by itself is a manifest sin!

We see here it's obvious that they are not meant to lead people but people to do the mantle they put for themselves, attribute them purity and they accept such praise. No one really goes out and says "I am pure" rather their followers think they are pure, praise them as such, with no proof from God, and they accept such a mantle.

This is tied closely with the issue of succession and leadership of the Prophets, that these people were taking such authority for themselves and claiming it with no proof from God.

4. Leadership of clergy vs Leadership of chosen ones such as the family of Abraham.

[Shakir 4:51] Have you not seen those to whom a portion of the Book has been given? They believe in idols and false deities and say of those who disbelieve: These are better guided in the path than those who believe.
[Pickthal 4:51] Hast thou not seen those unto whom a portion of the Scripture hath been given, how they believe in idols and false deities, and how they say of those (idolaters) who disbelieve: "These are more rightly guided than those who believe"?
[Yusufali 4:51] Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were given a portion of the Book? they believe in sorcery and Evil, and say to the Unbelievers that they are better guided in the (right) way Than the believers!
أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ لَعَنَهُمُ اللَّهُ ۖ وَمَنْ يَلْعَنِ اللَّهُ فَلَنْ تَجِدَ لَهُ نَصِيرًا {52}
[Shakir 4:52] Those are they whom Allah has cursed, and whomever Allah curses you shall not find any helper for him.
[Pickthal 4:52] Those are they whom Allah hath cursed, and he whom Allah hath cursed, thou (O Muhammad) wilt find for him no helper.
[Yusufali 4:52] They are (men) whom Allah hath cursed: And those whom Allah Hath cursed, thou wilt find, have no one to help.
أَمْ لَهُمْ نَصِيبٌ مِنَ الْمُلْكِ فَإِذًا لَا يُؤْتُونَ النَّاسَ نَقِيرًا {53}
[Shakir 4:53] Or have they a share in the kingdom? But then they would not give to people even the speck in the date stone.
[Pickthal 4:53] Or have they even a share in the Sovereignty? Then in that case, they would not give mankind even the speck on a date-stone.
[Yusufali 4:53] Have they a share in dominion or power? Behold, they give not a farthing to their fellow-men?
أَمْ يَحْسُدُونَ النَّاسَ عَلَىٰ مَا آتَاهُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۖ فَقَدْ آتَيْنَا آلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَآتَيْنَاهُمْ مُلْكًا عَظِيمًا {54}
[Shakir 4:54] Or do they envy the people for what Allah has given them of His grace? But indeed We have given to Ibrahim's children the Book and the wisdom, and We have given them a grand kingdom.
[Pickthal 4:54] Or are they jealous of mankind because of that which Allah of His bounty hath bestowed upon them? For We bestowed upon the house of Abraham (of old) the Scripture and wisdom, and We bestowed on them a mighty kingdom.
[Yusufali 4:54] Or do they envy mankind for what Allah hath given them of his bounty? but We had already given the people of Abraham the Book and Wisdom, and conferred upon them a great kingdom.
فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ بِهِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ صَدَّ عَنْهُ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِجَهَنَّمَ سَعِيرًا {55}
[Shakir 4:55] So of them is he who believes in him, and of them is he who turns away from him, and hell is sufficient to burn.
[Pickthal 4:55] And of them were (some) who believed therein and of them were (some) who turned away from it. Hell is sufficient for (their) burning.
[Yusufali 4:55] Some of them believed, and some of them averted their faces from him: And enough is Hell for a burning fire.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِنَا سَوْفَ نُصْلِيهِمْ نَارًا كُلَّمَا نَضِجَتْ جُلُودُهُمْ بَدَّلْنَاهُمْ جُلُودًا غَيْرَهَا لِيَذُوقُوا الْعَذَابَ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا {56}
[Shakir 4:56] (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[Pickthal 4:56] Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
[Yusufali 4:56] Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ سَنُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۖ لَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَاجٌ مُطَهَّرَةٌ ۖ وَنُدْخِلُهُمْ ظِلًّا ظَلِيلًا {57}
[Shakir 4:57] And (as for) those who believe and do good deeds, We will make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; they shall have therein pure mates, and We shall make them enter a dense shade.
[Pickthal 4:57] And as for those who believe and do good works, We shall make them enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow - to dwell therein for ever; there for them are pure companions - and We shall make them enter plenteous shade.
[Yusufali 4:57] But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal home: Therein shall they have companions pure and holy: We shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening.

It is clear here the following occurs.

1. The people misleading people of Christians and Jews are asked if they have a portion of the authority....they obviously don't.

2. They are contrasted to a people they are envied who (the people envied) are compared to Abraham's Household.

3. It's obvious that divine authority is the subject, it's negating from religious leaders who are not appointed by God, and emphasizing that they cannot have the authority of chosen pure souls like the household of Abraham.

4. The sorcery and Taghut is reminded here, and indeed and we have to go back to that the Tawrat and Injeel all taught to obey God's chosen and that God had a wisdom in vesting them with authority and that it's not suited for normal people while people followed that recitation which was a sorcery on the hearts and it eventually lead them to distort the religion and following sorcery as opposed to the clear teachings of the Prophets.

5. Emphasis here is on believing in God's Ayat (Signs/instances of guidance/that which leads to him) and here it's obvious that aside from the Quran the envied people are such signs.

5. Those who possess the Authority from us

Indeed those who possess the authority from us are obviously the family of Mohammad by context. It's these who are vested with divine leadership, it obviously negated from religious clergy and it was in context of religious leadership that it was emphasizing on.

There is no benefit not even an atom's worthy of religious clergy because they end they don't lead towards God but towards falsehood be it mixed with a thousand beautiful truths.

The issue was not the Quran was saying religious leaders of Christians and Jews don't teach any good or anything from the Prophets but that it was mixed with truth and falsehood and they are followed with intention of Shirk in Worship. That is identities are valued on par with God and people follow them due to valuing idenities on par with God.

On the other hand, who recognizes Mohammad and his family, would recognize them as  Ayatallah and see them as a pure means of submission to God. They must make their intention to submit to God to follow them, and they must recognize them through that connection and signs in themselves in which they are connected through them to God.

May God bless Mohammad and the family of Mohammad just as he blessed Abraham and the family of Abraham indeed he is majestic Praiseworthy, and may he not make us of those who turn away from the authority of the family of Mohammad like those who turned away from the family of Ibrahim, indeed he us sufficient as a Protector and Helper!

It is beyond obvious aside from the context, that the emphasis is to obey God foremost, so it's about that of guidance, and that he coupled those who possess the authority with that of the Prophet. It follows the obedience owed to the Prophet is one and the same as the obedience owed to those who possess the authority from us.

6. Referring things back to Quran and Sunnah.

It's as if this verse with proper understanding is saying....

O You who believe, follow Quran and Mohammad and his family to the extent that if you dispute regarding any matter, you refer it back to the Quran and Sunnah.

It's obvious when read this way, that Ahlulbayt is a means that people unite on the Quran and Sunnah. We saw the Surah before emphasizing on holding on the rope of God, a rope from God and rope from humans was that rope.

The Quran and Sunnah is not meant to be an issue of divisions nor are we to settle for disputing and agree to disagree.

Rather the Quran and Sunnah was meant to be a unifying factor by which we see, and Ulil-Amr are means, by which this occurs.

In fact it seems one of the foremost purposes of being emphasized to obey them and them being given authority is so that we refer things back to Quran and Sunnah.

Notice it didn't say refer to a "scholar who studied the Quran and Sunnah through the Ulil-Amr and pick one and stick to him for your disputes".

This shows how far we've all come away from the teachings of God and his Messenger, and that we have not given the family of Taha and Yaseen their due and have not loved them and appreciated them as we ought to love them and appreciate them.

We rather have made this verse a means of division and those who acknowledge who the Ulil-Amr have replaced their head position and their place of reliance with that of scholars and equated the two authorities although the whole discussion before was so we do not do so, and so that we refer disputes back to knowledge of God's judgment in truth as revealed and interpreted by his Messenger.

7.  All things of security or fear to be referred to Ulil-Amr.

مَنْ يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللَّهَ ۖ وَمَنْ تَوَلَّىٰ فَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَفِيظًا {80}
[Shakir 4:80] Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah, and whoever turns back, so We have not sent you as a keeper over them.
[Pickthal 4:80] Whoso obeyeth the messenger hath obeyed Allah, and whoso turneth away: We have not sent thee as a warder over them.
[Yusufali 4:80] He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah: But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds).
وَيَقُولُونَ طَاعَةٌ فَإِذَا بَرَزُوا مِنْ عِنْدِكَ بَيَّتَ طَائِفَةٌ مِنْهُمْ غَيْرَ الَّذِي تَقُولُ ۖ وَاللَّهُ يَكْتُبُ مَا يُبَيِّتُونَ ۖ فَأَعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا {81}
[Shakir 4:81] And they say: Obedience. But when they go out from your presence, a party of them decide by night upon doing otherwise than what you say; and Allah writes down what they decide by night, therefore turn aside from them and trust in Allah, and Allah is sufficient as a protector.
[Pickthal 4:81] And they say: (It is) obedience; but when they have gone forth from thee a party of them spend the night in planning other than what thou sayest. Allah recordeth what they plan by night. So oppose them and put thy trust in Allah. Allah is sufficient as Trustee.
[Yusufali 4:81] They have "Obedience" on their lips; but when they leave thee, a section of them Meditate all night on things very different from what thou tellest them. But Allah records their nightly (plots): So keep clear of them, and put thy trust in Allah, and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs.
أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ ۚ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِنْدِ غَيْرِ اللَّهِ لَوَجَدُوا فِيهِ اخْتِلَافًا كَثِيرًا {82}
[Shakir 4:82] Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.
[Pickthal 4:82] Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity.
[Yusufali 4:82] Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy.
وَإِذَا جَاءَهُمْ أَمْرٌ مِنَ الْأَمْنِ أَوِ الْخَوْفِ أَذَاعُوا بِهِ ۖ وَلَوْ رَدُّوهُ إِلَى الرَّسُولِ وَإِلَىٰ أُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنْهُمْ لَعَلِمَهُ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَنْبِطُونَهُ مِنْهُمْ ۗ وَلَوْلَا فَضْلُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَتُهُ لَاتَّبَعْتُمُ الشَّيْطَانَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا {83}
[Shakir 4:83] And when there comes to them news of security or fear they spread it abroad; and if they had referred it to the Messenger and to those in authority among them, those among them who can search out the knowledge of it would have known it, and were it not for the grace of Allah upon you and His mercy, you would have certainly followed the Shaitan save a few
[Pickthal 4:83] And if any tidings, whether of safety or fear, come unto them, they noise it abroad, whereas if they had referred it to the messenger and to such of them as are in authority, those among them who are able to think out the matter would have known it. If it had not been for the grace of Allah upon you and His mercy ye would have followed Satan, save a few (of you).
[Yusufali 4:83] When there comes to them some matter touching (Public) safety or fear, they divulge it. If they had only referred it to the Messenger, or to those charged with authority among them, the proper investigators would have Tested it from them (direct). Were it not for the Grace and Mercy of Allah unto you, all but a few of you would have fallen into the clutches of Satan.

All of Quran and Sunnah is said to be a warning and hence a case of fear and security as well. This verse shows that the Ulil-Amr are undisputed reference for both.

This doesn't mean that both were supposed to be referred during Rasool time, the "and" is more like "as well" had they referred to the Ulil-Amr, meaning all the Ulil-Amr would of had the same wisdom of the Rasool to inform people and react to all such matters with that wisdom.

8. From thee a Guardian and from thee a helper!

وَمَا لَكُمْ لَا تُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَالْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ وَالْوِلْدَانِ الَّذِينَ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا أَخْرِجْنَا مِنْ هَٰذِهِ الْقَرْيَةِ الظَّالِمِ أَهْلُهَا وَاجْعَلْ لَنَا مِنْ لَدُنْكَ وَلِيًّا وَاجْعَلْ لَنَا مِنْ لَدُنْكَ نَصِيرًا {75}
[Shakir 4:75] And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.
[Pickthal 4:75] How should ye not fight for the cause of Allah and of the feeble among men and of the women and the children who are crying: Our Lord! Bring us forth from out this town of which the people are oppressors! Oh, give us from thy presence some protecting friend! Oh, give us from Thy presence some defender!
[Yusufali 4:75] And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"

The Wali from God was the Messenger and now it is Imam Mahdi.

More about Leadership in Suratal Nisaa will occur in the next post inshallah.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:27:09 PM by Link »

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
Did you get those from your recent "meeting" with the 12th imam?

Link

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »
9. A discourse on Bani-Israel!

After emphasizing on obedience to God, the Messenger, and those who have the Authority from us.

The Quran goes into a discourse:

يَسْأَلُكَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ أَنْ تُنَزِّلَ عَلَيْهِمْ كِتَابًا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ ۚ فَقَدْ سَأَلُوا مُوسَىٰ أَكْبَرَ مِنْ ذَٰلِكَ فَقَالُوا أَرِنَا اللَّهَ جَهْرَةً فَأَخَذَتْهُمُ الصَّاعِقَةُ بِظُلْمِهِمْ ۚ ثُمَّ اتَّخَذُوا الْعِجْلَ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ فَعَفَوْنَا عَنْ ذَٰلِكَ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا مُوسَىٰ سُلْطَانًا مُبِينًا {153}
[Shakir 4:153] The followers of the Book ask you to bring down to them a book from heaven; so indeed they demanded of Musa a greater thing than that, for they said: Show us Allah manifestly; so the lightning overtook them on account of their injustice. Then they took the calf (for a god), after clear signs had come to them, but We pardoned this; and We gave to Musa clear authority.
[Pickthal 4:153] The people of the Scripture ask of thee that thou shouldst cause an (actual) Book to descend upon them from heaven. They asked a greater thing of Moses aforetime, for they said: Show us Allah plainly. The storm of lightning seized them for their wickedness. Then (even) after that) they chose the calf (for worship) after clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) had come unto them. And We forgave them that! And We bestowed on Moses evident authority.
[Yusufali 4:153] The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority.
وَرَفَعْنَا فَوْقَهُمُ الطُّورَ بِمِيثَاقِهِمْ وَقُلْنَا لَهُمُ ادْخُلُوا الْبَابَ سُجَّدًا وَقُلْنَا لَهُمْ لَا تَعْدُوا فِي السَّبْتِ وَأَخَذْنَا مِنْهُمْ مِيثَاقًا غَلِيظًا {154}
[Shakir 4:154] And We lifted the mountain (Sainai) over them at (the li taking of the covenant) and We said to them: Enter the door making obeisance; and We said to them: Do not exceed the limits of the Sabbath, and We made with them a firm covenant.
[Pickthal 4:154] And We caused the Mount to tower above them at (the taking of) their covenant: and We bade them: Enter the gate, prostrate! and We bode them: Transgress not the Sabbath! and We took from them a firm covenant.
[Yusufali 4:154] And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: "Enter the gate with humility"; and (once again) we commanded them: "Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath." And we took from them a solemn covenant.
فَبِمَا نَقْضِهِمْ مِيثَاقَهُمْ وَكُفْرِهِمْ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَقَتْلِهِمُ الْأَنْبِيَاءَ بِغَيْرِ حَقٍّ وَقَوْلِهِمْ قُلُوبُنَا غُلْفٌ ۚ بَلْ طَبَعَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهَا بِكُفْرِهِمْ فَلَا يُؤْمِنُونَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا {155}
[Shakir 4:155] Therefore, for their breaking their covenant and their disbelief in the communications of Allah and their killing the prophets wrongfully and their saying: Our hearts are covered; nay! Allah set a seal upon them owing to their unbelief, so they shall not believe except a few.
[Pickthal 4:155] Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their slaying of the prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened - Nay, but Allah set a seal upon them for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few -
[Yusufali 4:155] (They have incurred divine displeasure): In that they broke their covenant; that they rejected the signs of Allah; that they slew the Messengers in defiance of right; that they said, "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve Allah's Word; We need no more)";- Nay, Allah hath set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy, and little is it they believe;-
وَبِكُفْرِهِمْ وَقَوْلِهِمْ عَلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ بُهْتَانًا عَظِيمًا {156}
[Shakir 4:156] And for their unbelief and for their having uttered against Marium a grievous calumny.
[Pickthal 4:156] And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;
[Yusufali 4:156] That they rejected Faith; that they uttered against Mary a grave false charge;
وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَٰكِنْ شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ ۚ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِنْهُ ۚ مَا لَهُمْ بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلَّا اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا {157}
[Shakir 4:157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
[Pickthal 4:157] And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
[Yusufali 4:157] That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
بَلْ رَفَعَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَيْهِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا {158}
[Shakir 4:158] Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[Pickthal 4:158] But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.
[Yusufali 4:158] Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
وَإِنْ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ إِلَّا لَيُؤْمِنَنَّ بِهِ قَبْلَ مَوْتِهِ ۖ وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ شَهِيدًا {159}
[Shakir 4:159] And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them.
[Pickthal 4:159] There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them -
[Yusufali 4:159] And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-
فَبِظُلْمٍ مِنَ الَّذِينَ هَادُوا حَرَّمْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ طَيِّبَاتٍ أُحِلَّتْ لَهُمْ وَبِصَدِّهِمْ عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ كَثِيرًا {160}
[Shakir 4:160] Wherefore for the iniquity of those who are Jews did We disallow to them the good things which had been made lawful for them and for their hindering many (people) from Allah's way.
[Pickthal 4:160] Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah's way,
[Yusufali 4:160] For the iniquity of the Jews We made unlawful for them certain (foods) good and wholesome which had been lawful for them;- in that they hindered many from Allah's Way;-
وَأَخْذِهِمُ الرِّبَا وَقَدْ نُهُوا عَنْهُ وَأَكْلِهِمْ أَمْوَالَ النَّاسِ بِالْبَاطِلِ ۚ وَأَعْتَدْنَا لِلْكَافِرِينَ مِنْهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا {161}
[Shakir 4:161] And their taking usury though indeed they were forbidden it and their devouring the property of people falsely, and We have prepared for the unbelievers from among them a painful chastisement.
[Pickthal 4:161] And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences, We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.
[Yusufali 4:161] That they took usury, though they were forbidden; and that they devoured men's substance wrongfully;- we have prepared for those among them who reject faith a grievous punishment.
لَٰكِنِ الرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ مِنْهُمْ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِمَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ وَمَا أُنْزِلَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ ۚ وَالْمُقِيمِينَ الصَّلَاةَ ۚ وَالْمُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ أُولَٰئِكَ سَنُؤْتِيهِمْ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًا {162}
[Shakir 4:162] But the firm in knowledge among them and the believers believe in what has been revealed to. you and what was revealed before you, and those who keep up prayers and those who give the poor-rate and the believers in Allah and the last day, these it is whom We will give a mighty reward.
[Pickthal 4:162] But those of them who are firm in knowledge and the believers believe in that which is revealed unto thee, and that which was revealed before thee, especially the diligent in prayer and those who pay the poor-due, the believers in Allah and the Last Day. Upon these We shall bestow immense reward.
[Yusufali 4:162] But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And (especially) those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day: To them shall We soon give a great reward.
إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ ۚ وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالْأَسْبَاطِ وَعِيسَىٰ وَأَيُّوبَ وَيُونُسَ وَهَارُونَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا دَاوُودَ زَبُورًا {163}
[Shakir 4:163] Surely We have revealed to you as We revealed to Nuh, and the prophets after him, and We revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and Isa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroun and Sulaiman and We gave to Dawood Psalms.
[Pickthal 4:163] Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as We imparted unto David the Psalms;
[Yusufali 4:163] We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.
وَرُسُلًا قَدْ قَصَصْنَاهُمْ عَلَيْكَ مِنْ قَبْلُ وَرُسُلًا لَمْ نَقْصُصْهُمْ عَلَيْكَ ۚ وَكَلَّمَ اللَّهُ مُوسَىٰ تَكْلِيمًا {164}
[Shakir 4:164] And (We sent) messengers We have mentioned to you before and messengers we have not mentioned to you; and to Musa, Allah addressed His Word, speaking (to him):
[Pickthal 4:164] And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and Allah spake directly unto Moses;
[Yusufali 4:164] Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct;-
رُسُلًا مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ لِئَلَّا يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَى اللَّهِ حُجَّةٌ بَعْدَ الرُّسُلِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا {165}
[Shakir 4:165] (We sent) messengers as the givers of good news and as warners, so that people should not have a plea against Allah after the (coming of) messengers; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
[Pickthal 4:165] Messengers of good cheer and of warning, in order that mankind might have no argument against Allah after the messengers. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.
[Yusufali 4:165] Messengers who gave good news as well as warning, that mankind, after (the coming) of the messengers, should have no plea against Allah: For Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
لَٰكِنِ اللَّهُ يَشْهَدُ بِمَا أَنْزَلَ إِلَيْكَ ۖ أَنْزَلَهُ بِعِلْمِهِ ۖ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ يَشْهَدُونَ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ شَهِيدًا {166}
[Shakir 4:166] But Allah bears witness by what He has revealed to you that He has revealed it with His knowledge, and the angels bear witness (also); and Allah is sufficient as a witness.
[Pickthal 4:166] But Allah (Himself) testifieth concerning that which He hath revealeth unto thee; in His knowledge hath He revealed it; and the angels also testify. And Allah is sufficient Witness.
[Yusufali 4:166] But Allah beareth witness that what He hath sent unto thee He hath sent from His (own) knowledge, and the angels bear witness: But enough is Allah for a witness.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَصَدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ قَدْ ضَلُّوا ضَلَالًا بَعِيدًا {167}
[Shakir 4:167] Surely (as for) those who disbelieve and hinder (men) from Allah's way, they indeed have strayed off into a remote
[Pickthal 4:167] Lo! those who disbelieve and hinder (others) from the way of Allah, they verily have wandered far astray.
[Yusufali 4:167] Those who reject Faith and keep off (men) from the way of Allah, have verily strayed far, far away from the Path.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَظَلَمُوا لَمْ يَكُنِ اللَّهُ لِيَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ وَلَا لِيَهْدِيَهُمْ طَرِيقًا {168}
[Shakir 4:168] Surely (as for) those who disbelieve and act unjustly Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to a path
[Pickthal 4:168] Lo! those who disbelieve and deal in wrong, Allah will never forgive them, neither will He guide them unto a road,
[Yusufali 4:168] Those who reject Faith and do wrong,- Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to any way-
إِلَّا طَرِيقَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ وَكَانَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرًا {169}
[Shakir 4:169] Except the path of hell, to abide in it for ever, and this is easy to Allah.
[Pickthal 4:169] Except the road of hell, wherein they will abide for ever. And that is ever easy for Allah.
[Yusufali 4:169] Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein for ever. And this to Allah is easy.
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءَكُمُ الرَّسُولُ بِالْحَقِّ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ فَآمِنُوا خَيْرًا لَكُمْ ۚ وَإِنْ تَكْفُرُوا فَإِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا {170}
[Shakir 4:170] O people! surely the Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, therefore believe, (it shall be) good for you and If you disbelieve, then surely whatever is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
[Pickthal 4:170] O mankind! The messenger hath come unto you with the Truth from your Lord. Therefor believe; (it is) better for you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
[Yusufali 4:170] O Mankind! The Messenger hath come to you in truth from Allah: believe in him: It is best for you. But if ye reject Faith, to Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْحَقَّ ۚ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِنْهُ ۖ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ ۖ وَلَا تَقُولُوا ثَلَاثَةٌ ۚ انْتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَكُمْ ۚ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ ۖ سُبْحَانَهُ أَنْ يَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ ۘ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا {171}
[Shakir 4:171] O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
[Pickthal 4:171] O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One Allah. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.
[Yusufali 4:171] O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
لَنْ يَسْتَنْكِفَ الْمَسِيحُ أَنْ يَكُونَ عَبْدًا لِلَّهِ وَلَا الْمَلَائِكَةُ الْمُقَرَّبُونَ ۚ وَمَنْ يَسْتَنْكِفْ عَنْ عِبَادَتِهِ وَيَسْتَكْبِرْ فَسَيَحْشُرُهُمْ إِلَيْهِ جَمِيعًا {172}
[Shakir 4:172] The Messiah does by no means disdain that he should be a servant of Allah, nor do the angels who are near to Him, and whoever disdains His service and is proud, He will gather them all together to Himself.
[Pickthal 4:172] The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him;
[Yusufali 4:172] Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).
فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ فَيُوَفِّيهِمْ أُجُورَهُمْ وَيَزِيدُهُمْ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۖ وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ اسْتَنْكَفُوا وَاسْتَكْبَرُوا فَيُعَذِّبُهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا وَلَا يَجِدُونَ لَهُمْ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا {173}
[Shakir 4:173] Then as for those who believe and do good, He will pay them fully their rewards and give them more out of His grace; and as for those who disdain and are proud, He will chastise them with a painful chastisement. And they shall not find for themselves besides Allah a guardian or a helper
[Pickthal 4:173] Then, as for those who believed and did good works, unto them will He pay their wages in full, adding unto them of His bounty; and as for those who were scornful and proud, them will He punish with a painful doom. And they will not find for them, against Allah, any protecting friend or helper.
[Yusufali 4:173] But to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards,- and more, out of His bounty: But those who are disdainful and arrogant, He will punish with a grievous penalty; Nor will they find, besides Allah, any to protect or help them.
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءَكُمْ بُرْهَانٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ وَأَنْزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ نُورًا مُبِينًا {174}
[Shakir 4:174] O people! surely there has come to you manifest proof from your Lord and We have sent to you clear light.
[Pickthal 4:174] O mankind! Now hath a proof from your Lord come unto you, and We have sent down unto you a clear light;
[Yusufali 4:174] O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest.
فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَاعْتَصَمُوا بِهِ فَسَيُدْخِلُهُمْ فِي رَحْمَةٍ مِنْهُ وَفَضْلٍ وَيَهْدِيهِمْ إِلَيْهِ صِرَاطًا مُسْتَقِيمًا {175}
[Shakir 4:175] Then as for those who believe in Allah and hold fast by Him, He will cause them to enter into His mercy and grace and guide them to Himself on a right path.
[Pickthal 4:175] As for those who believe in Allah, and hold fast unto Him, them He will cause to enter into His mercy and grace, and will guide them unto Him by a straight road.
[Yusufali 4:175] Then those who believe in Allah, and hold fast to Him,- soon will He admit them to mercy and grace from Himself, and guide them to Himself by a straight way.

We see here there is emphasis that the covenant of Bani-Israel pertains to us by flow.

We see what lead them astray was

1. Rejecting God's proofs and signs and guidance.
2. Denying and killing the Prophets.
3. Saying things by their desires which they had no knowledge of even though somethings appeared to them, God condemns them for regarding religion for following conjecture and not certainty.

We simiarly this umma:

1. Rejected the true interpretation of Quran and the Ahlulbayt as Signs of God.
2.  They killed their Leaders and holy guides.
3. They emphasize things based on conjecture like Imam Mahdi not being born etc....

In fact the way it's flowing with Ulil-Amr is a clear indication that the Ulil-Amr and the light brought down cannot be separated but are one and the same.

The light the Quran calls to is the True Authority and they are those who are instances of this true Authority by which they manifest God's will and are proofs regarding his desire with humanity.

There is no doubt by the context that belief in Prophets is useless when rejecting Ulil-Amr for he has proven that there was Prophets in the past by the same logic he has proven there is Ulil-Amr to continue after the Seal of Prophets.

The flow shows true belief in Prophets would make one recognize their roles to be continued aside from revealing a revelation from God to humanity which has ended obviously.

The talk before Ulil-Amr with the family of Abraham, the emphasis of obedience to all Messengers after, and the reminder of what happened to covenant of Bani-Israel all interpret the verse 4:59 and manifest it's clear place in the Surah and within the whole Quran.

The "mountain" represented the covenant, Aeron means "High Mountain/Exalted Mountain", and we see Quran repeatedly reminds of mountains as well as Mount Sinai in particular.

This is because it pertains to us.

This an important way to come and end the Surah, because the covenant with the exact number of Captains taken from it will come about in the next Surah and that verse is vital to all of humanity to understand and reflect about.

Notice the Quran before reminding that reminded that Moses was given a clear authority but it was this very authority he was given that was neglected and disobeyed, and it's the same with Seal of Prophets, it was this clear authority that the Ulil-Amr had, but it was negated and disobeyed!

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »

Link...

Hadrami

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
its always ao funny when he mention Captains!!!

Your last captain jump off the ship first and left his passengers 1100yr ago, because he feared for his life. What a great captain 😂😂😂

Link

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »
Suratal Maeda

1. Taken to a day God completed the religion and became pleased with "submission" as a religion.

We are taken in verse 5:3 to the day God completed the religion and became pleased with submission as a religion. It seems God wants us to recall that something occurred that without he would not have been pleased with submission as a religion from him.  This obviously about leadership because that is the foundation of submission. Indeed the issue of Leadership and Submission are tied together and cannot be separated because at the end, it's the leaders we follow that we submit to, with the intention to submit to God. We saw earlier it was emphasized indeed the guidance of God is the guidance as opposed the guidance of other than God which many people may claim to be a guidance to people as well.

Islam means to submit to God and that is why the issue of who we come to and rely on is vitally linked to his religion.  It is obvious despite what haters of Ali and the message of Ghadeer may say, it's not about God Hajj which the religion of "Submission" had different instances of in different times.  A ritual will not make or break the issue of whether we should submit to God.

However the issue of leadership is vital. If there was no reliable Leadership to submit to God, then God doesn't want us submitting to other than him, and as such, he would not advocate submission as a religion.

We see faith in the belief we ought to submit to God is linked to taken God as Guardian Master, that we ought to believe in his guiding authority and that he brings believers from the forms of darkness to the beautiful great light.

Aside from this reflection, is the issue that disbelievers despaired of the religion that day. Indeed Shayateen are behind Jinn Worshippers, and indeed upon that day, they despaired of the religion.   Again, this is due to issue of leadership,  as a mere pilgrimage would not have caused such a thing.

But aside from that, is the flow of the Surah which brings us to reminders that set the mood and make us realize exactly what happened on the day God perfected the religion, completed it, and became pleased with Submission as the religion.

2. Remember the pledge to hear and obey

When one comes to Islam, they pledge whatever they come to know is the commands and teachings of God, they will hear it, accept it, and follow it wholeheartedly.

We are reminded to remember such a pledge right in the flow of this.

This a serious hint that what taken on that day, has to do with the root of submission, it has to with the root of hearing God's will and submitting to it.

3. Twelve Captains in the covenant!

The covenant that was taken by Moses had Twelve Captains risen over them. Indeed the Israelites were risen Messengers over them per other verse explaining the covenant in the same Surah, thereby interpreting one another.

If we think about the issue, we saw that Leadership issue was emphasized in Suratal Baqara and therein it was emphasized that the family of Moses and family Aeron were one family who had the sign of inheritance which would become sign for Talut's Divine Authority.

In Suratal Baqara for some reason Twelver rivers were emphasized on that took place by the staff of Moses as a miracle and sign for Bani-Israel.

Here we see there was in fact a covenant with Twelve Captains as well.  The Quran also emphasized to enter the gate in prostration and that God took the mountain over them, saying take what we given you with strength.

Indeed the way God selected Bani-Israel was through favoring them with his chosen ones, mainly a group of Messengers. We see that it's emphasized that Moses was followed by Messengers in his tracks in different places in Quran but here the message is obviously something further then that.

As it states that there was but Twelve Captains, we realize aside from these Twelve Men, there was no group to lead and steer the people of the Moses on course but these Twelve People.  Indeed he divided this branching offspring in Twelve ways towards him.

The emphasis on the Twelve is said in a way, that saying, indeed this is not the first time O people of Mohammad, that God has taken a covenant with regard to Twelve Captains.  This is the obvious tone and it takes a serious disease in the heart to neglect that or deny that.

It becomes utterly meaningless if the issue has nothing to do with guiding us and doesn't pertain to us. Not only that, but, as Quran illuminates itself, this verse, is illuminating the theme in other Surahs.   The family of Moses/Aeron/Imran/Dawood is one family, and each Captain of them has Twelve Captains associated with him.

The founding Captain is Moses. So it's him who makes the initial covenant. But all the Messengers remind of it.

And indeed rationally it makes sense that people on the aftermath of divisions would need to have left trace of knowledge from God regarding the number of successors.  Although these successors had their own respective revelations and scriptures, indeed,  this is a very clean way of God.

Furthermore it makes sense that there is an ideal number for consistency of "family". Not one nation with like 50 another with 7 another with 12 etc... But a consistent way,  just as the Months of God are twelve and God is going to put different numbers of months for every covenant.

This is obviously reminding us that God perfected the religion through a covenant of Twelve Captains, manifesting the clear case to humanity.

While hadithal Thaqalain and Ali Mawla don't state the number, the fact, that Quran alludes to that covenant becomes easily deducted that thaqalain message was with regards to Twelve Captains and That Ali's Wilayah is that Captaincy that steers the ship of the religion on course.

There is many more allusions to this, and we will see the Surah continues to flow with respect the message of Ghadeer.

Hadrami

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »
CAPTAIN caaaaaave maaaaaaannn!!!!

Link

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »
4. The Christians were taken a covenant too.

Indeed Christians accepted Jesus the Twelfth Captain of the covenant of Moses, but, something went terribly wrong.  They forgot a vital portion of what they were reminded of that resulted in enmity between themselves until the day of rising.

The question is what could have stopped this enmity? How could they have held on to the true revelation and prepared for the coming of Prophet Mohammad without division and enmity between themselves?

This the other side of the coin. While it's important to submit, belief and follow, it's also important to reject, negate, and ignore. That is while the 12 Captains were supposed to be relied on, no one else was to taking on this role of steering people.

We saw earlier people were commanded to become Rabaniyeen. That is they were meant to all become religious scholars. 

There is some elaboration to this in this Surah, but we will see this a major prelude to the next Surah, which elaborates more of the "connector" and "sign" and other issues pertaining to the unseen leadership of the connector to God. In the next Surah, we see it's one of the two times the name "Elyas" appears in Quran.  Indeed that is a major verse, and there will be elaboration to where he is mentioned.

Here it's sufficient that it reminds of the begining and end of the Twelve Captains. That there is a duty towards submiting to God with respect to the Captains.

Indeed the Surah will give major guidance with respect to this and prepare the way for the next Surah which elaborates it as well.

And this is indeed a miracle in the Quran. Although the verse "Today I have perfected..." was revealed after the next Surah and even though Suratal Maeeda was revealed after the next Surah, we see wisdom so far in the order that has been mentioned.

The flow verse to verse is wonderous, but so in this case, is the flow of Surah to Surah.

To be continued...

Link

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 06:03:09 AM »
5. A light and manifest book

The Quran is stated to be a manifest book but only after it is mentioned that the interpretation of the Torah was distorted, and that, afterwords a lot of the Torah was hidden, and Quran clarified a lot of that while passed over a lot.

This brings us back to the issue of interpretation, and we see that those who follow God's pleasure are those meant to be guided by God's book.

Now the Quran will show some reasoning as to why Leadership of the nation of Moses was limited to his chosen ones, and only Twelve could inherit Moses there. 

This is reminding indeed the issue of God's chosen Captains of his ships are manifested through the divine books, and hence they are the light revealed and brought down.

6. Divine favor of making them Kings.

We see right after they are reminded that Mohammad has clarified and brought light the truth of past revelations, it reminds that Moses emphasized that God rose from them Prophets and made them Kings.

Indeed this flows well with the Surahs we discussed before. Indeed God is who belongs the authority in the heaven and the earth,  and appoints us Kings.

The Twelve Captains truly ruled Bani-Israel whether they were acknowledged or not.  It's become even more manifest that the favor that God bestowed upon this nation is the appoint of the family of Mohammad, the Twelve Successors who truly ruled humanity.

7. Two people that God has favored!

Indeed Bani-Israel were favored, but there were two distinctly favored servants of God among Bani-Israel who alone feared God.   This re-emphasized when Moses says to separate between his people and himself and his brother, as he has no control over anyone but he and his brother.

This a key important thing the Quran is manifesting. It just stated it is here to manifest what the people of book hid from humanity.

Indeed we saw that God emphasized on the family of Moses and family of Aaron being one family, and here we see that it was Aaron at that time alone that was submissive to God from the nation of Moses.

Aaron is indeed one of the themes in Quran and is closely related to Imam Ali.

8. Story of two sons of Adam

Indeed we are taken back right from the get go when God distinctly accepted from a human who had Taqwa and rejected it from one who did not. It's seen that this person becomes distinctly full of hatred because he realizes that God accepts from the one who has Taqwa and not from him.

This is an important feature, because, it is the reality that the Prophets face from their enemies, they and their followers, and its the reality of why people fight the followers of Ahlulbayt and fought Ahlulbayt.

9.  Bani-Israel was reminded of this story as well

It can be seen that the issue is now closely being shown that God doesn't accept those who were ungrateful to his favor of the Twelve Captains and the covenant taken regarding them and that aside from emphasizing to hold on to the great heavy Authority of the Leaders who guide by God's command,  is the hostile nature of the transgressing people.

That is aside from having hard hearts that take the words of his revelations away from their intended places, they do kill innocents and cause havoc and corruption in the earth.  The Prophet was fought as well due such nature in the people who later came to Islam.  Indeed such people are volatile and can easily turn on their backs just as Bani-Israel turned on their backs!

10. Seek a means to God!

The Twelve Navigators in Bani-Israel after Moses were obviously the means to God in that nation. We see there is emphasis for us to seek the means and strive in God's way.   The Twelve Leaders after Mohammad are the means of approach towards God!

This indeed another emphasis of what God did on the day he completed and perfected the religion.

11. Conspiracy theory time!

O Messenger! let not those grieve you who strive together in hastening to unbelief from among those who say with their mouths: We believe, and their hearts do not believe, and from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious; and as for him whose temptation Allah desires, you cannot control anything for him with Allah. Those are they for whom Allah does not desire that He should purify their hearts; they shall have disgrace in this world, and they shall have a grievous chastisement in the hereafter.

You see this the real foundation of Sunnism.  It was a conspiracy by a people who believed not with their hearts and who were preparing and listening for a people who had not come yet, just as it happened with the Jews, so it happened with this nation. Just as Devil inflitrated to destroy revelation, and so, here people were planning on destroying Islam.

But going back to the beginning something was done on this day that completed God's favor by which the disbelievers despaired of the religion.

12. Listeners to a lie, and devourers of what is forbidden.

Reminded of this fact.... indeed this is a warning to this nation!

13. Judge by what God has revealed.

The Prophets among Bani-Israel were meant to judge by the light of the Torah as well as the scholars were given a portion to judge by because of they safeguarded and were witnesses thereof. Going back to the verse for all of humanity to be come religious scholars we see here again it is emphasized we are all meant to judge by the revelation.

14. Don't take them as authorities.

Indeed while people of the book were meant to judge by what God has revealed, it doesn't mean they are authorities over what God has revealed. They indeed have no such authority and we see this emphasized by the fact they distorted the revelations.

15. Your Master is only.....

Rather, it is the case the Master of believers is only God, his Messenger, and his family! Indeed it is not about friendship or alliance as Muslims are allowed that to others who are not fighting them for the sake of the religion as other verses show.

16. If only revelation was put to practice....

If the people of the book kept up their end....they surely would have been blessed in ways they cannot imagine!

17. Convey what has been revealed.

It is not saying convey, if you do not conveyed, you have not conveyed which is an utmost meaningless statement. Rather it is bringing us to the fact that something needed to be conveyed that without, the message would not be conveyed. Indeed the Prophet knew vital teachings like Wilayah must be conveyed for message be conveyed, and so this has to mean,  something that the Prophet already taught and as we have seen is in fact in the Quran, has to be conveyed and it here means that he must convey it in a way that it reaches all people and so that deniers and believers alike emphasize on it and spread it.

"I leave you two important weights, Quran and my family...The two shall not separate till they reach the pond." "Whoever I am his Master then this Ali is his Master".

The way God brings us back to the day and parallels the issue with what occured to Bani-Israel is absolutely stunning and beautiful.

Blind be the hearts that don't see you in the Quran O Ali!

to be continued.....

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »

Link...

Link, still waiting...

Link

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »
18. Emphasis not to take those who take religion as a game.

Before reminding of the order to convey Ali's Wilayah to all generations, it emphasized not to take authorities those who take the religion as a plaything from the people of the book.

Indeed there is a huge emphasis and warning for us to take this religion seriously as opposed to some people whom it has become a game and are amused with trifling with it.
19.  Why didn't they forbid...evil is what they did

Their scholars didn't forbid from major evils but condone it. We see again re-emphasis on the issue of religious authority and here it's manifesting logically why religious authorities that people make themselves are not truly authorities but even take the religion as a game among themselves and have made it suit their caprice.

We see it was in light of all this that Wilayah of Ali and his family was necessary to convey to all, by which the message would not have been conveyed and God would not be pleased with submission as a religion.

20. Only reason why they are hated....

It's because they believe in what has been revealed and as a result see the people of the book overall as transgressors. This goes back to the story of the two sons of Adam, which one became full of hatred because he lacked Taqwa and an offer was not accepted from him as a result of lacking taqwa.

This again shows the hatred followers of truth must always bear, because, the other side hates them for condemning them out of belief in the truth.

This was also part of prelude reflections to the verse of conveying which set's the tone and message of it.

Link

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »
21. Not upon anything unless they keep up....

We see it is re-emphasized right after that people of the book are on nothing of value until they uphold what God has revealed to them. And this is not due to not having any guidance with them, this is not the meaning of you are upon nothing, but rather, it's all detrimental when they lack Taqwa and faith.

This shows in reality why God is not pleased with Islam as a religion without Wilayah of Ali conveyed to all generations.

22. Do not go in extreme in your religion and do not follow those who went astray and lead astray many....

Indeed as generations followed other then 12 Captains meant to steer them in the right direction,  they ended up following people who lead them astray. 

23. Cursed by holy tongues!

Those who disbelieved were cursed on the tongues of Dawood and Isa!  So who were people following, people cursed by God's chosen ones....this is what happens when we don't only take God and his designated Authorities as Sole Master (4:59, 5:55).

24. A reminder of people who their forefathers even if they lack understanding!

Later believers are addressed and them reminded of people who turn away from God and what the Messenger revealed for the sake of following their forefathers.

This in the theme is a reminder of blind following generation of another, in path of misguidance, is the root of the sin of the people of the book.

25. Truthful ones will benefit for their honesty.

Indeed the people who lie to themselves and trick themselves regarding religion will perish, and it's those who are honest to themselves, and accept the truth when shown to them, that are indeed who will be victorious.

26. God is the one who to him belongs the kingdom.

We are reminded in midst of all this, those who believe the kingdom belongs to God, this message would be clear and easy to digest. Those who think it belongs to others, will, have hard hearts that misplace things from their place.

The Ulil-Amr have authority only because it's God's Authority and they represent him. It's nothing but sheer disbelief in God, the True King, to say otherwise!

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »

Link...

Link, still waiting...

....... evading to answer?

Link

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »
We see that in Surah 2-5 that the issue of Leadership was the central theme of the Surahs. They were emphasising the same message but with different angles and different tone.  But it's re-emphasising this message through out.

Ali's Wilayah is a central theme of Quran. Indeed Quran is with Ahlulbayt and Ahlulbayt are with Quran, the two cannot be separate.

We will see this continues in Quran and the Surahs of Quran compliment one another.

It was not due to this issue not being clarified that people don't see them, indeed, there is a sorcery on the hearts that wishes to keep away from the family of the reminder and perceiving the message of these Surahs.

We will continue to unveil the truth in this regard!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:26:37 PM by Link »

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »

Link...

Link, still waiting...

....... evading to answer?

Surely you are clueless to answer. Or maybe the 12th imam told you not to answer?

Link

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
Suratal An'aam

Indeed the last Surahs mentioned the issue of Leadership, and this Surah will in many ways show the obstinate reality of disbelief.  Indeed Suratal Baqara emphasised whoever adopts the way of disbelief over that of faith, has indeed,  strayed off the path.

What does faith mean, it means acceptance of God's Signs and proofs by which one sees and grows in insight and knowledge.  Disbelief on the other hand pertains to when God's Signs and proofs are manifest, but one is ungrateful to the path and denies it.

Here we go the root of the issue which is one people are in a realm of irrationality to the extent they equate with the Lord others, and even think there are other beings that ought to be valued on par with God!

1. The light and darkness.

Indeed light illuminates and darkness keeps one away from knowledge. Then is upon God to illuminate the truth and provide light. The question is what keeps people in the dark despite God illuminating the truth and providing light.

We will see its playful joker card that Satan plays on disbelievers!

2. No sign from the signs of God come to them, but they turn away!

Indeed this an attitude of many people, that no matter what proofs of God offers towards guidance, they turn aside from it.  Indeed we saw the last few Surahs emphasised the book coupled with leaders and guides form the way God guides and brings about his signs.

There is a theme about signs, because, indeed what distinguishes the straight path from false paths, is that straight path has proof and illumination, and is clear sign and proof from God.

We will see that indeed this Surah is looking at the heart of the issue of humanity turning away from the light.  A book cannot be illuminated without light, and so this Surah is centralising and reminding of the issue of light and signs.

It shows however that a disease has become a norm where signs and proofs are offered but they turn away. The issue of faith and submission are linked in this regard, while disbelievers are at war with the truth, the believers follow the truth and accept the signs that distinguish the path of guidance from that of misguidance.

3. So indeed they have rejected the truth when it has come to them

The issue is revealing a state of people when truth becomes manifest to them, how do they react. Indeed this tied with the issue of leadership because they allergy to the truth and those who are the source of it and who God's streams through is linked.  This Surah brings us to the heart of the issue where Mohammad was not accepted despite clear miracles, and despite many clear proofs.

4. If a book came down which they touched....

Indeed these were of one of the demands, why God doesn't do such and such, indeed they brought scenarios which were not more rational or logical for God to do, but they wished to say it was.  What they were essentially saying is God could of made the proof much clearer.

Instead of looking at the proofs they were offered, they were constantly saying, well God could of made it even more clearer.

And this regard, the issue is humans put fault with how God does things rather then look inwardly to a problem with their heart!

Why not an Angel?

If God couldn't bring down a book for some rational reason, why couldn't he send Angel. Surely he could of sent Jibrael or Angels to humanity in all times, in which the matter would of been clear?

The only thing, would it have been clearer. As far as their unseen nature takes place, this takes a deciphering eye to see. But if people saw them, would they believe in them or hold them in suspicion.

Moreover, the outward form that they would take on coming to this world, like they appeared to Mariam and Sarah, would be that of humans! That is how they appear in the outward world and their Angelic forms is forms they take in a more hidden yet more real reality, and they take on various forms through the hidden worlds.

Thus if God were to bring down an Angel, it would come in human form, and that would even make more confusion! Why not then just make it a human? You see...

There is always a rational response, but polytheists took this as Mohammad making excuses!

Indeed the beginning of human is a humble and he is but rooted in humble form, but there is exalted hidden realities for humans to walk and become....

And this we see the real ignorance of the station of perfect man is the heart of the issue of disbelief as well.  The knowledge of the Guide on the heart is the cure!

6. Indeed Messengers were mocked before.

Mockery where it comes to the issue of discussing truth is a sign itself that people are not interested in truth. They are being played and inspired the joker card by Iblis and his forces.  They mock which is a reality and they mock what is sacred and true.

Indeed this shows an attitude towards the issue of guidance. Guidance is a sensitive thing. Indeed, proofs and warnings can only avail a people who believe when truth is manifest to them, not those who mock, make their own scenarios of guidance which they deem more better, and instead of seeking to understand, seek to confront, argue and mock!

7. Will we take as Guardian Master other then God?

And this the heart of the issue. If we believe God is the Master, then despite all the scenarios we can come up with that we would like it being better then God's guidance as he guides, the truth, is if he is the Guardian Master, there is a path of obedience to him and a path where he will guide us.

And indeed the Quran is arguing Mohammad at that time was the path. And before than indeed many were set as that path towards guidance. God guided many directly in which in turn humanity was meant to take guidance from them and be guided by them.

8. Those who know him know him as they know their sons!

Those who know them, know Mohammad as they know their sons. Indeed this is linking the issue of knowledge of the perfect man and knowing Mohammad is vitally linked. Indeed knowledge of the Guide of time is essential, to understanding the path we must take and follow and by which means we will be guided.

Those who disbelieve on the other hand... well we know!

9. They lie to themselves.

Indeed there are a people who convince themselves they are what they are not and lie to themselves. They will swear by God they didn't associate with God but they lie about themselves. They cannot confront the truth but the truth will manifest one day and their hidden states will be revealed.

10. Ancient stories.

Indeed in the stories Quran has recalled, there is a healing and lesson of the states of the hearts, and it reveals truths and manifests philosophy of guidance and wisdom that cannot be denied.

But people are taking these as ancient stories...

11. They keep others from it.

They keep others from it and themselves from it and they only perish by it, but realise not.   How evil is there are a people who spend their lives striving to keep others away from the path and guidance God has established from them!

12. Nothing but our life in this world.

The short sighted vision of people who turn away from the path is they look for temporal rewards. In fact, they lose both peace in this world and the next by doing so.

13. It's not Mohammad that they deny in reality but the signs of God.

Although people make it personal, it's never personal, and indeed the disbelievers held nothing personal against Mohammad, it was about God and his signs and guidance. Thus the hatred towards Mohammad was in reality hatred towards God.

And hence we will see why this Surah reminds of the wage being a remembrance. Indeed the love of the family of Mohammad is a remembrance to God and indeed hatred towards them is not about them, but their reality as signs of God and guidance of God.

14. It's only those who listen that accept!

Indeed in reality those who listen and payed attention and weren't trifling and arguing and mocking....it was only from these that would respond to Mohammad.  And indeed we saw how the Quran manifested the Leadership of Ahlulbayt in the Surahs we first talked about, but people turn away from it, because they don't truly listen to the Quran.

15. Their true Guardian Master who we will all be returned to.

Indeed the heart of the issue is our Master is God and hence, if we take seriously the issue of Mastership, then religion is a serious issue we would not mock and the issue of guidance is something we would take seriously and listen closely till we recognise the true guidance that reveals and reminds us of the light.

16.  A reminder to those who guard....

Indeed it was those who guard that where reminded by the Quran while those who mocked could not perceive the Lord it was calling to nor recognise the Messenger or the Messengers before. The path of guidance was obscure because they don't pay attention but to argue. Even the issue of unity of God and his to be worshipped alone had become an ambiguous issue to them.

And here we see indeed Quran has clear signs, but it's the hearts that are dark and cause ambiguities to become of it since they don't reflect or ponder and don't listen attentively at all.

17. Abraham was shown the real kingdom of the heavens and the earth.

Indeed God brings us back to Abraham, and indeed he was shown the real kingdom of the heavens and the earth, and what did he see and how was he guided to that vision?

18. Star, moon, sun.

It's starts as a distant star, and indeed God is the light of all light, and is the light of those who in the dark, but one must believe "This is my Lord"...

That which sets and passes away is the darkness, as it grows, the light grows. Till it was reached a stage, the light illuminated reality and he saw reality as truly was. He saw the kingdom of the heavens and the earth as truly exists.

19. He gave a clear argument and proof to his people.

Abraham indeed gave a clear argument and God raises ranks of who he pleases....but the issue is not about whether there are clear arguments for God and clear proofs he manifests, indeed, the problem is the hearts that don't listen!

20. Isaac, Jacob, etc...

Indeed God guided many with such guidance and he gave such guidance in the offspring of Noah and Abraham.

21. From their fathers and offspring and brothers....

Indeed God manifested that he has guided many chosen families in the past and linked them.

22. The wage is a reminder.

After Mohammad is told to follow the Guidance of these who God has guided, Quran says "say: no wage do I ask for it except that it is a reminder to the worlds".

Indeed the context and flow, after emphasising on guidance of his chosen ones and the necessity of recognising them as signs of God and acknowledging them as such, further manifests and illuminates the truth of the wage of the message.

It's no doubt the family of the reminder, the family of Mohammad, who are meant by this verse. And in love of the family of Mohammad is a reminder as each one of them is that reminder and great tiding that connects us to God.

The Tree of light we are connected is the Leader and loving the near kin of Mohammad is a means to God and remembering the guidance.

In the order as Quran is in final form, this is the first time we come across mention of a wage. And indeed the wage of the message is emphasised to be a reminder.

The family of Mohammad hence are a reminder to the worlds!

Indeed going with all the talk about how those who respond to him is only those who listen, indeed, those who listen will realise no doubt by the context here, the Quran is emphasising on the family of the reminder.

Indeed this is nature of Surahs in Quran. They revolve the issue around God, the Messenger with respect to past Messengers, and finally, the issue of succession and emphasis particularly on the family of Mohammad.

And this Surah is no exception. Indeed those who wish to mock God's verses and say it's unclear and make mockery of God's clear guidance and not listen,  obviously, this verse will be no exception.

They will try to belittle, mock the proof it offers, and mock the path it calls to, and mock the issue of Leadership of the family of Mohammad in Quran.

The wage is a reminder, but again, to who? To the Mutaqeen, otherwise, those who take the religion as a play thing, will turn away from the wage and reminder.

23. Elyas.

Elyas is mentioned after Jesus and this one of the two places he appears in Quran.  Elyas was the hidden Guide And witness on earth after Jesus although was born before Jesus.

Indeed, this is a sign, but again, only to those who listen and pay attention.

The wage being a reminder, the mention of Elyas....here in this Surah is of the clear signs...but those who don't believe the first time when manifested with a clear proof, they will not believe in any time when manifested with a clear proof.

There hearts can no longer decipher clear truth and clear proofs, because they are hard!

To be continued...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:41:59 PM by Link »

Link

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:54 AM »
24. They did not estimate God properly.

After reminding of the wage being a reminder to the worlds, and after emphasising on the guidance of Messengers before and God has entrusted it to a people who are not disbelievers in it.

It says indeed the did not estimate God his proper due when they said he has not revealed anything - and then it says who revealed the book of Moses before who they have turned in scattered writing revealing much while hiding much.

Indeed in the same way, people don't give proper due by denying the chosen family of Mohammad, indeed who appointed the family of Musa/Aaron before, who appointed the family of Abraham before? Who distinguished the family of Nuh before?

The issue of guidance is linked to God and hence,  we ought to be careful that we don't deny his great praise by denying his way of guidance.

All knowledge we have is due from such revelations while ignorance is due to turning away from it's commands and turning it away from the revelation's designated family.

25. Clear insights have come

Indeed clear insights have come, but then it says who is blind to them, is blind against themselves. Thus the meaning of clear signs and proofs doesn't mean no one would be blind to them. Indeed the Surah has shown that there is a people that no matter what signs from their Lord comes, they turn away from them.

26. Thus does he displays his signs and that they may say you have taught us deeply!

Indeed the Quran as we see is teaching a great philosophy, a unique with regards to how God should be approached and the religion he has chosen for us.

And we see this with regard to leadership which he explained in detail and from different angles. And we see Quran proves God and his oneness through many avenues yet people turn aside!

27. They swore with their biggest oaths - if a sign/indication/proof came to them...

They swear they would believe if a sign/indication/proof came to them, but, indeed, such signs already came to them, and so no matter how clear the sign is, their hearts would turn away from it just as they didn't believe in the first time!

28. Even if Angels talked to them or the dead talked to them....

Still they would not believe unless God permits it, and indeed he doesn't guide the unjust people and doesn't change a state of people until they change what is in themselves!

29. Enemies to every Prophet from the Jinn and humans....

Every Prophet was met with enemies from humans and Jinn who inspire/reveal deceitful flowery words...and it's the same with who the wage is about, the family of Mohammad. They too are met with enemies that inspire deceitful words.

It then goes on to say that those who don't believe in the next world, their hearts would incline to it. That is the flowery propaganda inspired from the enemies of God's chosen ones, in the hearts and outwardly, are no doubt something that seeks to cover up the truth in Quran and it's clear insights and signs.

It's not that the Quran is not clear in showing proofs of his guidance in Prophets and their Leadership and the issue of the 12 Successors of the Seal of Prophets.

And while people say "why didn't it just say this and that" - the reality is they wouldn't believe even if it said this and that just as they denied it's clear enough proofs already and denied it's insights and reasoning for no reason but their desires pertaining to love of the false world.

30. Other then God as Judge/Ruler?

We saw the word Wali be used, and the word Mawla be used, not we see the issue of judge/ruler is being emphasised.

And this the heart of the issue. This position belongs to God because he is the true light, he made the darkness and the light, and he is the truth by which he created everything in truth. He is the witness by which things are defined.

There is no doubt we must make him the judge and ruler. And indeed he reveal the book in detail explaining the religion in detail and has revealed in truth.

Yet people turn aside from it's detailed arguments and lessons, and instead follow the flowery propaganda of the enemies of God's chosen ones which Quran warns against.

31. If you obey most on those on earth

Most people on earth is such that if they are obeyed, they would lead us astray from the path. Indeed we cannot chose who to follow but rather it is upon God to manifest those who are to be followed and indeed those who are to lead to God Quran has shown the ones he trust such guidance, they are his chosen elite servants, he raises by rank who he pleases like he raised the rank of Abraham above his people.

32.  Your Lord knows best those who follow his way and those who are misguided.

As he knows he is most fit to manifesting those who we should follow.

33. Therefore eat that which the name of God is remembered on it.

Indeed even the issue of food, we have to be careful that it has to be blessed. Let alone who we rely on for knowledge and enlightenment, and indeed it's those who lead by the command of God and light of God and name of God that we must follow.

34. ...and if you obey them, indeed you are polytheists.

The devils from Jinn and humans inspire one another to mislead us, and indeed, if we obey them, it's only due to the fact we associate with God and we value idols on par with God though we may trick ourselves we worship God alone!

Many people lead astray without knowledge and the Surah will give examples of this.  Woe to those who eat halal but mix their spiritual food with unclean falsehood and destructive misguidance!

35. Those who were in the darkness and now walk with a light among humans.

The book and the leaders coupled with it, the reminder and it's family, are the light in darkness and the means out of the darkness and the light through out the light.

This is why it was emphasised "Say: no wage do I ask for it except that it is a reminder to the worlds".

36. Every town it's worse among them plot!

They are the worse those who plot against Mohammad and his family, as they do their best to put away God's light, and the Quran has shown indeed they are name of God on earth and means to God and the rope of God and his firmest handhold.

The worse are those who plot against them and indeed the deniers of Ahlulbayt have clung to follow the leadership of the very people the Quran warns not to follow. We will see indeed these Pharaohs and Hamans in each era hidden or manifest, are the worse among people and it's they who the umma ended up following rather then the Leaders who God appointed!

37. Unjust Authority vs God authority.

Indeed some unjust have authority over other unjust because of what they did while God is the forever Master of believers because of what they did.

38. The irrationality of laws enjoined by the dark forces.

The Surah goes on to show irrationality of laws from killing their children as sacrifices to other things....indeed when people follow other then God, they truly swerve towards the darkness.

39. Follow but conjecture, and but lie.

Indeed God says if he wished he would of guided us all, but the angle of what God intends and what the polytheists intended are worlds apart.

40. And this my path, a straight path, so follow it.

God after manifesting some of what he enjoined, summarises the rest of guidance to following the path of Mohammad. Indeed, the wage is a reminder and way because love of the family of Mohammad is following that very path.

41. Do not follow other paths.

Indeed other than his path, is destructive paths leading astray.  This is a warning indeed, it's not sufficient to use Mohammad's Message and testify to him, while turning away from his path.

42. The book of Moses.

We are reminded of the book of Moses which was a guidance and this book too is a guidance so to follow it, but we must recall that book of Moses was a Leader through the Leaders who guide by God's command and who inherited from the family of Moses and family Aaron what was a tranquillity from God.

This book likewise emphasised on obeying Ulil-Amr and loving the near kin of Mohammad and turning to the family of the reminder for guidance.

39. My life for God

Mohammad's life is stated to be for the sake of God and the same is true of his followers then, they must follow that intention of their life being for the sake of God.

And this is one of the meanings of why despite being taken the covenant of Twelve Captains in reality, they were commanded only to Worship God, as these Captains were the sole means to God on earth.

40. ...raised some of you above others in rank.

We see this was emphasised with respect to Abraham when he made his argument on the people, and indeed, the Surah was emphasising the place of the perfect humans, and indeed is showing that the highest in rank among them is who possess true authority and who are to be followed, just as those made superior the nations before were to be followed.

No doubt the wage to love the family of reminder is a reminder!

Link

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 01:20:03 AM »
41. To God belongs the decisive argument.

It is the case that God is best fit to guide and if there is decisive proof for guidance it surely belongs to God. But we will see indeed Suratal Yonus will summarise all that.

This is a sneak peak to what is to follow. And we are seeing Quran is making a beautiful flow so far.