TwelverShia.net Forum

My New Book on Islamic Caliphate!

Hani

My New Book on Islamic Caliphate!
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:18:05 AM »
al-Salamu `Alaykum,

After some major edits to the text of my book, I decided to publish on Amazon (Kindle) and Smashwords (PDF). This is by far the most in-depth book on the details of Successorship and Khilafah after the passing of the Prophet (saw). If you read it, you do not need to read anything else besides it and will be familiar with the full historical events of how the first Caliphs came to power.

Islamic leadership after Muhammad (peace be upon him) Amazon Kindle Edition [Simple text document, best viewed by Kindle devices – English Only] (price $7.99)

Islamic leadership after Muhammad (peace be upon him) Smashwords Edition [PDF version, organized and accessible – contains English & Arabic texts] (price $8.99)

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

Re: My New Book on Islamic Caliphate!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »
Thanks for writing this. I will purchase it and give a read.

Hani

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
Thanks for writing this. I will purchase it and give a read.

Salam,

That would be great Jazak-Allah Khayr, looking forward to seeing your review and rating.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »
I just converted it into ePub format for Smashwords + 12% of the book can be viewed as a sample.

ZulFiqar

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته ورضوانه

May I ask how many pages in total are in this book. I particularly enjoy reading a thick volume with loads of information from a variety of sources. Also, does your book discuss about Sa'd b. Abi Ubada and why he refused to take oath of allegiance, the fact that some from the Ansar proposed a two-tier Khilafa (1 Khalifa for Muhajirin and 1 Khalifa for Ansar), all which suggests that the issue of Khilafa, at least initially, was quite fluid among the Companions. Does it also discuss the difference among some Sunni scholars regarding whether Sayyidina Abi Bakr رضى الله عنه was directly named by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم, hinted at, prophecies, or that the election of Sayyidina Abi Bakr رضى الله عنه was purely a result of and came about due to the consultation among the Sahaba. Then of course, one of the most interesting discussions in my view should revolve around a doubt raised by the Imamiya Shi'ites that how is it possible that our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم should give us detailed and perfect instructions in the Shari'a for things which could be considered minutiae but not name his own successor, even if it is a succession in administrative matters only since he is the last and final Prophet.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

Hani

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »
My book is 99% composed of historical texts taken from about 40 or so books that I reviewed. Total are 123 pages of rich useful info without any filler content, it contains more details than any book on the subject including what you mentioned regarding Sa'd.

ZulFiqar

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:01:37 AM »
My book is 99% composed of historical texts taken from about 40 or so books that I reviewed. Total are 123 pages of rich useful info without any filler content, it contains more details than any book on the subject including what you mentioned regarding Sa'd.

Hey I just purchased your book. I will definitely read it, review it, and give you my feedback soon.

Jazakum Allah al Khair
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

Hani

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
JazakAllah Khayr, I'm looking forward for feedback and opinions.

Rationalist

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 11:14:25 PM »
I started reading the book. I'm on page 25. I'm impressed by the fact that you have included a narration  from Kitab Sulaym bin Qays. Usually in debates with the 12er Shia, most of them never share what is in their books. Instead they want to copy and paste Sunni narrations from various Anti Sahaba websites.
Since, I am married now, and have to take care of my daughter I will need more time to finish the book. I miss my single days where I had all the time in world.

By the way,  if you plan to write more books, I have some great ideas for you. I think we need more English books and English debates. I am thankful to Hijab and also the 12er Shia for participating in debates.  I don't think we live in a time, where the 12er Shia would taunt Sunnis anymore  about how Sunnis always run away when it comes to debates, and how Aql  doesn't exist in the Sunni schools. Also, the stories of how their Imams and their companions won debates where they themselves present question and provide the  answers without questioning those answers.

Hani

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »
Since, I am married now, and have to take care of my daughter I will need more time to finish the book. I miss my single days where I had all the time in world.

Amen to that!

ZulFiqar

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
So I’m still reading your book (60 pages in). So far I’m very impressed with the amount of research and the coherent presentation of the raw information in a chronological fashion. Your notes explaining Arabic idioms and terms such as “Faltah” is extremely helpful. I like how the narrations are simply translated and how you so simply refute the Shi’ite theory of succession with those narrations. Although the format is quite raw and straightforward, and I’m guessing that is your intention, personally if I were to write a book on the same subject I would opt for a different format and try to help the reader visualise what was going on, not simply present raw narrations. Also realise that writing from a purely historical perspective is well and good, but this is also Religion, and in my opinion Saqifa should be presented as both history and as an example of how Allah Most High manifested His grace upon the Sahaba and safeguarded Islam from dissension and fragmentation at the most critical juncture through the person of Abu BakrRA. I mean just think if there had been the slightest deviation from the course of history that occurred, and it is not inconceivable that something else could have happened. Imagine if Sayyidina AliRA really did accept the oath of allegiance from Sayyidina AbbasRA. Imagine if the Ansar weren’t convinced by Shaikhain’s speeches and instead rallied around Sa’d b. UbadaRA. Imagine if UmarRA became the first Khalifa instead of Abu BakrRA knowing his initial view regarding fighting the withholders of Zakat and the apostate tribes. The entire history of Islam would have been affected dramatically because that was the most critical and sensitive time. For me, there is a divine Hand in this story guiding the Sahaba through the Ruh al-Quddus to collect around and recognise Abu BakrRA as the successor of the Prophet and leader of the nascent community. This is my own theology and a counter narrative to Shi’ism which if I was writing this book would definitely put out there very blatantly. In writing a book pertaining to Islam and Khilafa, I would definitely talk about the role of Allah, and quote from the Qur’an and authentic Ahadith about the virtues of Sayyidina Abu Bakr and the Sahaba. So this is my primary criticism of the book (keeping in mind I haven’t finished reading it yet). Notwithstanding that, I honestly think it is an extremely beneficial resource and absolutely worth getting for any Muslim interested in this issue. It has definitely become my primary point of reference on the subject of Saqifa. Well done and keep writing these kinds of works.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

ZulFiqar

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »

Most probably Ghulam Ahmad wrote his book you were referring to in the style you are talking about. Isn't it?

Not that I know of. He never wrote a book on Saqifa. He did write a book Sirr-ul-Khilafa in which he defended the Khulafa al-Rashidin

http://www.aaiil.org/text/books/mga/sirrul/sirrulkhilafahsecretofexistence.pdf

Now as for the theology I was talking about that the election of Abu BakrRA as the first successor of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was through divine design, and that Allah guided the Companions to collect around Abu Bakr, I admit that I acquired a greater appreciation for this theology through the writings of Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani. He referred to this as Qudrat al-Thaniya (Second Manifestation of God's Power):

It is a law of God the Most High, one which He has constantly shown in operation ever since He created man on earth, that He helps His prophets and messengers, and makes them triumphant, as He says: Kataba Alla¯hu la-aghlabanna, ana wa rusul¯ı.
* Translation: “God has written down that He and His Prophets shall triumph” [The Holy Quran, 58:21].
* Triumph means that, just as it is the purpose of messengers and prophets that God’s argument be fully proved on earth, so that none can stand up against it, likewise does God the Most High manifest their truth by powerful signs. Through their hands He sows the seeds of righteousness which they wish to spread in the world. However, He does not bring about its completion at their hands; but rather, by causing them to die at a time when there is apparently fear of failure, He gives the opponents an opportunity to laugh, ridicule, taunt and mock. But after they have laughed and ridiculed, He unveils another hand of His power and brings into existence the means by which those aims are fully achieved which had been left somewhat incomplete. In short, He shows two kinds of power: firstly, at the hands of the prophets1 themselves He displays the hand of His power; secondly, at the time when, after the death of the prophet, difficulties are faced, and the enemies rise up in strength and believe that things will now go wrong and feel sure that the community will be destroyed, and even the followers start wavering and lose heart, and many unfortunate ones become renegades, then does God the Most High show His mighty power a second time, and take hold of the tottering community. So he who perseveres to the last, sees this miracle of God. So it happened in the time of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq, when the death of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, was thought to be untimely, and many ignorant Bedouins turned apostate, while the companions too lost their reason, as it were, with grief. Then God the Most High, by raising up Abu Bakr, showed His power a second time, and rescued Islam from the brink of destruction, and fulfilled the promise He had given in the words: wa liyumakkinanna la-hum d¯ına-hum-ul-ladh¯ı irtada¯ la-hum wa liyubaddilanna-hum min ba‘di khaufi-him amna, i.e., after a state
of fear We shall again make firm their feet [The Quran, 24:55].
This was also what happened in the case of Moses, when he died between Egypt and Canaan before he could take the Israelites to the desired goal, in accordance with the promise. His death caused tumultuous grief among them, as it is stated in the Torah that the Israelites wept for forty days on account of the shock from this untimely death and the sudden departure of Moses. (al-Wasiyyat; pp. 11 – 13)

So here Ghulam Ahmad has given the example of how Abu BakrRA succeeded Prophet MuhammadSWS and how JoshuaAS was raised up by God to succeed MosesAS. While some Sunnis may think the election of Abu Bakr was purely through consultation among the senior companions; our theology is that the Ruhul Quddus (Holy Spirit) sent by Allah to guide the hearts of the Sahaba to recognise Abu BakrRA as the Prophet's successor and give him the pledge of allegiance. This explains why the election of Abu Bakr was Faltah "sudden". It was as a result of Sharh al-Sadr of certain companions like Bashir b. Sa'd al-Ansari (who rushed to Abu Bakr to grab his hand in Saqifa before anyone else) and Umar b. Al-Khattab. Their action of suddenly pledging allegiance to Abu Bakr was as a result of inspiration from the Ruhul Quddus.

So while the ProphetSWS did not name his successor, because he knew and was confident that Allah Himself would express His power and guide his Companions to the man that was best suited to succeed him through the agency of the Ruhul Quddus.
My Blog
Forbidden_Link

whoaretheshia

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »
I started reading the book. I'm on page 25. I'm impressed by the fact that you have included a narration  from Kitab Sulaym bin Qays. Usually in debates with the 12er Shia, most of them never share what is in their books. Instead they want to copy and paste Sunni narrations from various Anti Sahaba websites.

Are you aware that the book Sulaym ibn Qays can not be reliably attributed to the author, who himself is Majhool, and the book itself undoubtedly has been added to and corrupted over time by the hands of men? I personally would not even keep that book in my Library, not refer to it in any way as a primary source.

"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.

Kalaam

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
Are you aware that the book Sulaym ibn Qays can not be reliably attributed to the author, who himself is Majhool, and the book itself undoubtedly has been added to and corrupted over time by the hands of men? I personally would not even keep that book in my Library, not refer to it in any way as a primary source.

Some of your major scholars think that the book is reliable.

Allama Majlesi has written in Bihar ul Anwaar, “Kitab Saleem bin Qais is very famous, some people have cast doubts on it but it is one of the major historical sources, though Sheikh Mofeed has not offered good opinion about it, but he too has accepted the Hadith narrated by Saleem and quoted by Sheikh Abu Jaffer.” We can say that this book is reliable on majority count, though some of its narrations are questionable.

Essence of Shia Faith by Sheikh Saduq, Explanations of the Text by Ayatullah Hussain Najafi, English Translation by Safi Hassan, p. 559

iceman

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 12:14:42 AM »
al-Salamu `Alaykum,

After some major edits to the text of my book, I decided to publish on Amazon (Kindle) and Smashwords (PDF). This is by far the most in-depth book on the details of Successorship and Khilafah after the passing of the Prophet (saw). If you read it, you do not need to read anything else besides it and will be familiar with the full historical events of how the first Caliphs came to power.

Islamic leadership after Muhammad (peace be upon him) Amazon Kindle Edition [Simple text document, best viewed by Kindle devices – English Only] (price $7.99)

Islamic leadership after Muhammad (peace be upon him) Smashwords Edition [PDF version, organized and accessible – contains English & Arabic texts] (price $8.99)

Still trying to fool the people about Saqifa. 😀

Mythbuster1

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
Still trying to fool the people about Saqifa. 😀

Shura is in Quran.

Divinity imamite leadership.......well you have to be a FOOL to even THINK it’s in the Quran.

😂😂

Hani

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 02:53:27 AM »
Still writing useless comments on posts I see. Thanks for bumping.

iceman

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »
Shura is in Quran.

Divinity imamite leadership.......well you have to be a FOOL to even THINK it’s in the Quran.

😂😂

We believe it's in the Qoran and you don't. We believe that the Qoran and Sunah aren't and can't be silent on such an important matter, the successor to Muhammad (s), but you believe they're silent. The difference, we have nothing to hide and no one to protect, but you have the immature and coincidental decision in Saqifa to hide and to protect its characters. This is what it's all about.

Hani

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 04:12:55 AM »
We believe it's in the Qoran and you don't. We believe that the Qoran and Sunah aren't and can't be silent on such an important matter, the successor to Muhammad (s), but you believe they're silent. The difference, we have nothing to hide and no one to protect, but you have the immature and coincidental decision in Saqifa to hide and to protect its characters. This is what it's all about.

Okay, why was the 12th Imam silent on appointing his deputy in his absence?

iceman

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »
Okay, why was the 12th Imam silent on appointing his deputy in his absence?

Can you provide me with a reference concerning your claim for me to look into? Was he silent? If yes then we need to look into why he was silent.