TwelverShia.net Forum

The place of Aaron to Moses parallels to Ali and Mohammad in Quran and Sunnah.

Abu Muhammad

Do the names of Moses & Aaron appear 12 times together?
Different english Quran searches were giving me different numbers & not 12.

Do the names of Moses & Aaron appear 12 times together?
Different english Quran searches were giving me different numbers & not 12.

All 20 times are here.  http://www.holyquran.net/cgi-bin/qsearch.pl?st=%E5%C7%D1%E6%E4&sv=1&ec=114&ev=6&ae=&mw=r&alef=ON;sc=1&

I recounted the times they appear together, and it is twelve. 

وقال لهم نبيهم إن آية ملكه أن يأتيكم التابوت فيه سكينة من ربكم وبقية مما ترك آل موسى وآل هارون تحمله الملائكة إن في ذلك لآية لكم إن كنتم مؤمنين

نا أوحينا إليك كما أوحينا إلى نوح والنبيين من بعده وأوحينا إلى إبراهيم وإسماعيل وإسحاق ويعقوب والأسباط وعيسى وأيوب ويونس وهارون وسليمان وآتينا داوود زبورا

Not both.

ووهبنا له إسحاق ويعقوب كلا هدينا ونوحا هدينا من قبل ومن ذريته داوود وسليمان وأيوب ويوسف وموسى وهارون وكذلك نجزي المحسنين

رب موسى وهارون

وواعدنا موسى ثلاثين ليلة وأتممناها بعشر فتم ميقات ربه أربعين ليلة وقال موسى لأخيه هارون اخلفني في قومي وأصلح ولا تتبع سبيل المفسدين

ثم بعثنا من بعدهم موسى وهارون إلى فرعون وملئه بآياتنا فاستكبروا وكانوا قوما مجرمين

يا أخت هارون ما كان أبوك امرأ سوء وما كانت أمك بغيا

not both

ووهبنا له من رحمتنا أخاه هارون نبيا

not both

هارون أخي

not both

فألقي السحرة سجدا قالوا آمنا برب هارون وموسى

ولقد قال لهم هارون من قبل يا قوم إنما فتنتم به وإن ربكم الرحمن فاتبعوني وأطيعوا أمري

not both

قال يا هارون ما منعك إذ رأيتهم ضلوا

not both

ولقد آتينا موسى وهارون الفرقان وضياء وذكرا للمتقين

ثم أرسلنا موسى وأخاه هارون بآياتنا وسلطان مبين

ولقد آتينا موسى الكتاب وجعلنا معه أخاه هارون وزيرا

ويضيق صدري ولا ينطلق لساني فأرسل إلى هارون

not both

رب موسى وهارون

وأخي هارون هو أفصح مني لسانا فأرسله معي ردءا يصدقني إني أخاف أن يكذبون

not both

ولقد مننا على موسى وهارون

سلام على موسى وهارون

Link, can you assist me doing the counting from the website below?

http://quranindex.net/kelime.php?id=8268

Link

Salam

Aaron.
Both.
No names.

And (further) their Prophet said to them: "A Sign of his authority is that there shall come to you the Ark of the covenant, with (an assurance) therein of security from your Lord, and the relics left by the family of Moses and the family of Aaron, carried by angels.In this is a symbol for you if ye indeed have faith." (Surah Al-Baqara, 248)

Both(1). Aaron(1).

We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms. (Surah An-Nisa’, 163)

Aaron(2).

We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good: (Surah Al-An‘am, 84)

Aaron(3).

Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,- (Surah Al-A‘raf, 121)

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron." (Surah Al-A‘raf, 122)

Both(3) Aaron(4).

We appointed for Moses thirty nights, and completed (the period) with ten (more): thus was completed the term (of communion) with his Lord, forty nights.And Moses had charged his brother Aaron (before he went up): "Act for me amongst my people: Do right, and follow not the way of those who do mischief." (Surah Al-A‘raf, 142)

Both(4). Aaron(5).

When Moses came back to his people, angry and grieved, he said: "Evil it is that ye have done in my place in my absence: did ye make haste to bring on the judgment of your Lord?" He put down the tablets, seized his brother by (the hair of) his head, and dragged him to him.Aaron said: "Son of my mother! the people did indeed reckon me as naught, and went near to slaying me! Make not the enemies rejoice over my misfortune, nor count thou me amongst the people of sin." (Surah Al-A‘raf, 150)

None. (Aaron name not found in Arabic).

Then after them sent We Moses and Aaron to Pharaoh and his chiefs with Our Signs.But they were arrogant: they were a people in sin. (Surah Yunus, 75)

Aaron (6). Both(5)

"O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!" (Surah Maryam, 28)

Aaron(7).

And, out of Our Mercy, We gave him his brother Aaron, (also) a prophet. (Surah Maryam, 53)

Aaron(8).

"And give me a Minister from my family, (Surah Ta Ha, 29)

"Aaron, my brother; (Surah Ta Ha, 30)

Aaron (9).

"Add to my strength through him, (Surah Ta Ha, 31)

"And make him share my task: (Surah Ta Ha, 32)

"That we may celebrate Thy praise without stint, (Surah Ta Ha, 33)

"And remember Thee without stint: (Surah Ta Ha, 34)

"For Thou art He that (ever) regardeth us." (Surah Ta Ha, 35)

So the magicians were thrown down to prostration: they said, "We believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses". (Surah Ta Ha, 70)

Aaron (10). Both (6).

Aaron had already, before this said to them: "O my people! ye are being tested in this: for verily your Lord is ((Allah)) Most Gracious; so follow me and obey my command." (Surah Ta Ha, 90)

Aaron (11).

(Moses) said: "O Aaron! what kept thee back, when thou sawest them going wrong, (Surah Ta Ha, 92)

Aaron (12).

In the past We granted to Moses and Aaron the criterion (for judgment), and a Light and a Message for those who would do right,- (Surah Al-Anbiya’, 48)

Aaron (13) Both (7).

Then We sent Moses and his brother Aaron, with Our Signs and authority manifest, (Surah Al-Muminun, 45)

Both (8). Aaron (14).

(Before this,) We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister; (Surah Al-Furqan, 35)

Both(9). Aaron (15).

He said: "O my Lord! I do fear that they will charge me with falsehood: (Surah Ash-Shu‘ara’, 12)

"My breast will be straitened. And my speech may not go (smoothly): so send unto Aaron. (Surah Ash-Shu‘ara’, 13)

Aaron (16)

Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds, (Surah Ash-Shu‘ara’, 47)

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron." (Surah Ash-Shu‘ara’, 48)

Aaron (17) Both (10)

He said: "O my Lord! I have slain a man among them, and I fear lest they slay me. (Surah Al-Qasas, 33)

"And my brother Aaron - He is more eloquent in speech than I: so send him with me as a helper, to confirm (and strengthen) me: for I fear that they may accuse me of falsehood." (Surah Al-Qasas, 34)

Aaron (18)

Again (of old) We bestowed Our favour on Moses and Aaron, (Surah As-Saffat, 114)

Aaron (19). Both (11).

And We delivered them and their people from (their) Great Calamity; (Surah As-Saffat, 115)

And We helped them, so they overcame (their troubles); (Surah As-Saffat, 116)

And We gave them the Book which helps to make things clear; (Surah As-Saffat, 117)

And We guided them to the Straight Way. (Surah As-Saffat, 118)

And We left (this blessing) for them among generations (to come) in later times: (Surah As-Saffat, 119)

"Peace and salutation to Moses and Aaron!" (Surah As-Saffat, 120)

Aaron (20). Both (12).

Salams.
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.