TwelverShia.net Forum

True Leadership vs False leadership...

Abu Muhammad

Re: True Leadership vs False leadership...
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
Verse 42:23 with 25:57 implies the close kin of Mohammad ought to be taken a path to God and held on to with eyes, scent, taste, and ears of love, for it is the remembrance.

Read these 2 verses you quoted. Where does Allah designate a person to be followed?

25:57

قُلْ مَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ أَجْرٍ إِلَّا مَنْ شَاءَ أَنْ يَتَّخِذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا

Say,  "I  do  not  ask  of  you  for  it  any  payment  -   only  that  whoever  wills  might  take  to  his Lord  a  way."

42:23

ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ

It  is  that  of  which Allah gives  good  tidings  to  His  servants  who  believe  and  do  righteous deeds.  Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "I  do  not  ask  you  for  this  message  any  payment  [but]  only good  will  through  kinship."  And  whoever  commits  a  good  deed  -   We  will  increase  for  him good  therein.  Indeed, Allah is  Forgiving  and  Appreciative.

Subhanallah. You accused other people following their desires and you are on the light and guidance. The way you quoted ayatul Quran left and right disregard of their meaning shows who is really following his own desired.

Again, compare the verses you quoted against these ayahs below. They give you unshakeable clarity on who to follow compared to yours (in fact, following the 12th imam is a total silent. Surprise, surprise).

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا

There  has  certainly  been  for  you  in  the  Messenger  of Allah an  excellent  pattern  for anyone  whose  hope  is  in Allah and  the  Last  Day  and  [who]  remembers Allah often.

(Al-Ahzab : 21)

قُلْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "If  you  should  love Allah ,  then  follow  me,  [so] Allah will  love  you and  forgive  you  your  sins.  And Allah is  Forgiving  and  Merciful."

(Ali Imran : 30)

قُلْ أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ ۖ فَإِنْ تَوَلَّوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْكَافِرِينَ

Say,  "Obey Allah and  the  Messenger."  But  if  they  turn  away  -   then  indeed, Allah does not  like  the  disbelievers.

(Ali Imran : 31)

I'll just wait until you bring in a clear ayahs mentioning who Allah designates to follow  (as above) as you claimed but failed so far.

Link

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »
Salam

You didn't properly translate. You translated in a way that there is a contradiction between the two verses when there should not be any.

Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2017, 01:02:34 AM »
You didn't properly translate. You translated in a way that there is a contradiction between the two verses when there should not be any.

I myself do not tranlate it. I took it from Sahih International.

Enlighten me what would your "proper translation" looks like.

Link

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2017, 04:41:56 AM »

Al-Qurba would refer to near kin/relatives of the Messenger.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2017, 06:36:26 AM »

Al-Qurba would refer to near kin/relatives of the Messenger.

The discussion as per your own question is about following someone Allah designates to follow.

Therefore, please give full "proper translations" for those 2 ayahs so that we could see that Allah designates someone to be followed through them.

The request is easy to understand, right?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:38:20 AM by Abu Muhammad »

Link

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
That is (the Bounty) whereof God gives Glad Tidings to His Servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this except the love of those near of kin." And if any one earns any good, We shall give him an increas e of good in respect thereof: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (service). (Yusuf Ali)

That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.    (Shakir)

This is the glad news which God gives to His servants, the righteously striving believers. (Muhammad), say, "I do not ask you for any payment for my preaching to you except (your) love of(my near) relatives." Whoever achieves virtue will have its merit increased. God is All-forgiving and Appreciating.(Muhamad Sarwar)

That is the (award) of which Allah gives the good news to those servants who believe and do pious works persistently. Say: ‘I do not ask for any recompense for this (preaching the faith in Messengership), but (seek) love for (my) kindreds (and Allah’s nearness).’ And whoever earns good, We shall increase for him the reward in the Hereafter. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative. (Dr. Mohammad Tahir Al-Qadri)

That favour is what Allah gives the glad tiding of, to such of His subjects as believe and do righteous deeds. Say, "No reward do I ask of you for this [Message] other than the love of the near and dear ones." And one who does anything good We increase for him the goodness thereof. Allah is indeed forgiving, appreciative of gratitude. (Mohamad Al-Shafi)

This is God’s good news to His faithful and righteous servants. Mohammad, say: “I do not ask any reward from you [for my “consulting” services of guiding you to the Paradise]. The only thing that I am asking is your love [which does not cost you anything] toward those who are close to me.” Those who do a good deed, I (God) will reward him many folded as I am Forgiving and Appreciative. (Bijan Moeinian)

This is the glad tidings that Allah gives to His worshipers, who believe and do good works. Say: 'For this I ask of you no wage except the love of the (Prophet's) relatives. We will add good to whosoever gains a good deed. Allah is the Forgiving and the Thanker. ' (Hasan Al-Fatih Qaribullah)

That is the good tidings God gives to His servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: 'I do not ask of you a wage for this, except love for the kinsfolk; and whosoever gains a good deed, We shall give him increase of good in respect of it. Surely God is All-forgiving, All-thankful.(Arthur John Arberry)

That is what God gives glad tidings of to His servants who believe and do righteous acts. Say, 'I do not ask for it a hire - only the love of my kinsfolk.' And he who gains a good action we will increase good for him thereby; verily, God is forgiving and grateful! (Edward Henry Palmer)

This is what God announceth to his servants who believe and do the things that are right. SAY: For this ask I no wage of you, save the love of my kin. And whoever shall have won the merit of a good deed, we will increase good to him therewith; for God is forgiving, grateful.(John Medows Rodwell)

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
That is (the Bounty) whereof God gives Glad Tidings to His Servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this except the love of those near of kin." And if any one earns any good, We shall give him an increas e of good in respect thereof: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (service). (Yusuf Ali)

That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.    (Shakir)

This is the glad news which God gives to His servants, the righteously striving believers. (Muhammad), say, "I do not ask you for any payment for my preaching to you except (your) love of(my near) relatives." Whoever achieves virtue will have its merit increased. God is All-forgiving and Appreciating.(Muhamad Sarwar)

That is the (award) of which Allah gives the good news to those servants who believe and do pious works persistently. Say: ‘I do not ask for any recompense for this (preaching the faith in Messengership), but (seek) love for (my) kindreds (and Allah’s nearness).’ And whoever earns good, We shall increase for him the reward in the Hereafter. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative. (Dr. Mohammad Tahir Al-Qadri)

That favour is what Allah gives the glad tiding of, to such of His subjects as believe and do righteous deeds. Say, "No reward do I ask of you for this [Message] other than the love of the near and dear ones." And one who does anything good We increase for him the goodness thereof. Allah is indeed forgiving, appreciative of gratitude. (Mohamad Al-Shafi)

This is God’s good news to His faithful and righteous servants. Mohammad, say: “I do not ask any reward from you [for my “consulting” services of guiding you to the Paradise]. The only thing that I am asking is your love [which does not cost you anything] toward those who are close to me.” Those who do a good deed, I (God) will reward him many folded as I am Forgiving and Appreciative. (Bijan Moeinian)

This is the glad tidings that Allah gives to His worshipers, who believe and do good works. Say: 'For this I ask of you no wage except the love of the (Prophet's) relatives. We will add good to whosoever gains a good deed. Allah is the Forgiving and the Thanker. ' (Hasan Al-Fatih Qaribullah)

That is the good tidings God gives to His servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: 'I do not ask of you a wage for this, except love for the kinsfolk; and whosoever gains a good deed, We shall give him increase of good in respect of it. Surely God is All-forgiving, All-thankful.(Arthur John Arberry)

That is what God gives glad tidings of to His servants who believe and do righteous acts. Say, 'I do not ask for it a hire - only the love of my kinsfolk.' And he who gains a good action we will increase good for him thereby; verily, God is forgiving and grateful! (Edward Henry Palmer)

This is what God announceth to his servants who believe and do the things that are right. SAY: For this ask I no wage of you, save the love of my kin. And whoever shall have won the merit of a good deed, we will increase good to him therewith; for God is forgiving, grateful.(John Medows Rodwell)

Is that what you call ayah of how Allah designate someone to be followed?

Please read the ayah a few more times and try again...

Link

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2017, 06:05:14 PM »

I think it's beyond clear God wants us to follow the family of Mohammad by this verse.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »

I think it's beyond clear God wants us to follow the family of Mohammad by this verse.

You think it's beyond clear that God wants us to follow the family of Mohammad by that verse? You must have some comprehension issues if you suggested that.

The phrase used in the ayah is "الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ" . Could you enlighten us what "الْمَوَدَّةَ" means?

Link

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

You think it's beyond clear that God wants us to follow the family of Mohammad by that verse? You must have some comprehension issues if you suggested that.

The phrase used in the ayah is "الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ" . Could you enlighten us what "الْمَوَدَّةَ" means?

Love takes on different forms and has different conditions.

You don't love a dog you have, in the same way you love your parents.

You don't love your parents, in the same way you love your child.

You don't love a friend, the same way you love your wife.

etc, etc....

And depending on what you've experienced with each of these, love can demand different things.

The verse is showing the way to show appreciation to God sending Mohammad as a Messenger and Mohammad conveying the message, and for his revelation, and teachings, is to love the near kin (of the Messenger).

This surely shows that they are an integral part of the message, but not only that, the central part in which if you love them, all the outward components of the Shariah will be acted out.

That is you will show appreciation to the whole religion if you love them.

This shows the type of love here, and the rights, surely include following them. If there is any doubt by this verse alone, then verse 25:57 confirms that the wage is who wants to, to take a path to his Lord.

Ultimately, when we think of the Messenger, we relate to him as an Authority on behalf of God, and we show appreciation and love of his holy station and role, by following him. His relationship to us is not like a normal person.

The love here of the near kin of the Messenger would be per other verses be a reminder and taking a path to God.

What exactly is this love? I feel that is for everyone to discover.

The more we know their noble rank, the more we make them the eyes by which we see, the more we come to appreciate them, love them,  both for what they have done for us and for their relationship to God.

It's the way to show appreciation to God, by loving those leaders and authorities he has appointed as a means to him, and as a doorway to his pleasure and light.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »
You see how you have to give lengthy explanation TRYING TO FIT your believe INTO A WORD that DOESN'T HAVE ANY MEANING TOWARDS FOLLOWING OR TAKING SOMEBODY AS LEADER and THAT'S WHAT YOU CALLED AS A BEYOND CLEAR AYAH? It's laughable. Really, laughable...

And yet you have a gut to call other people following their desires and you are on light and guidance.

Keep believing what you want to believe but I'm certainly more convinced that the belief of Ahlus Sunnah of following the Quran and Sunnah as guidance is the right path. The evidences are WAY TOO CLEARER compared to the ayah you have provided:

وَأَنْزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الذِّكْرَ لِتُبَيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ مَا نُزِّلَ إِلَيْهِمْ وَلَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ

And  We  revealed  to  you  the message  that  you  may  make  clear  to  the  people  what  was  sent  down  to  them  and  that they  might  give  thought. (An-Nahl : 44)

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا

There  has  certainly  been  for  you  in  the  Messenger  of Allah an  excellent  pattern  for anyone  whose  hope  is  in Allah and  the  Last  Day  and  [who]  remembers Allah often. (Al-Ahzab : 21)

وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانْتَهُوا

And  whatever  the  Messenger  has  given  you  -   take;  and  what  he  has  forbidden  you  - refrain  from.  (Al-Hasyr : 7)

فَلَا وَرَبِّكَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ حَتَّىٰ يُحَكِّمُوكَ فِيمَا شَجَرَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ لَا يَجِدُوا فِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ حَرَجًا مِمَّا قَضَيْتَ وَيُسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

But  no,  by  your  Lord,  they  will  not  [truly]  believe  until  they  make  you,  [O  Muhammad], judge  concerning  that  over  which  they  dispute  among  themselves  and  then  find  within themselves  no  discomfort  from  what  you  have  judged  and  submit  in  [full,  willing] submission. (An-Nisa' : 65)

وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَمْرًا أَنْ يَكُونَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْ ۗ وَمَنْ يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَالًا مُبِينًا

It  is  not  for  a  believing  man  or  a  believing  woman,  when Allah and  His  Messenger  have decided  a  matter,  that  they  should  [thereafter]  have  any  choice  about  their  affair.  And whoever  disobeys Allah and  His  Messenger  has  certainly  strayed  into  clear  error. (Al-Ahzab : 36)

قُلْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "If  you  should  love Allah ,  then  follow  me,  [so] Allah will  love  you and  forgive  you  your  sins.  And Allah is  Forgiving  and  Merciful." (Ali Imran : 30)

On top of all the ayahs above, there are quite a number of ayahs that instruct the us to “obey” the Prophet:

1. “Obey Allah and the Messenger” (3:32, 3:132),
2. “Obey Allah and obey the Messenger” (4:59, 4:92, 24:54, 47:33, 64:12),
3. “Obey Allah and His Messenger” (8:1, 8:20, 8:46, 58:13).
4.“Obey the Messenger that you may be shown mercy” (24:56).

Wassalam.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM by Abu Muhammad »

Link

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
You asked me to enlighten you on the word "love".

Otherwise the verse speaks for itself.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
LOL... I thought you have some comprehension issues. Turn out to be your mind is so confused as well.

According to you, the ayah is beyond clear to follow the family of Muhammad s.a.w.

But when you were asked what "الْمَوَدَّةَ" in the ayah means, you defined it as "love".

When you were told that word has nothing to do with leadership, you said that the ayahs speak for itelf (which only tells about the love for the "qurba" of Muhammad s.a.w. and nothing about following the family of Muhammad s.a.w.).

LOL... what a confused chap you are!

Link

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
LOL... I thought you have some comprehension issues. Turn out to be your mind is so confused as well.

According to you, the ayah is beyond clear to follow the family of Muhammad s.a.w.

But when you were asked what "الْمَوَدَّةَ" in the ayah means, you defined it as "love".

When you were told that word has nothing to do with leadership, you said that the ayahs speak for itelf (which only tells about the love for the "qurba" of Muhammad s.a.w. and nothing about following the family of Muhammad s.a.w.).

Do you believe loving God includes worshiping him and submitting to him?

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 03:46:52 PM »

Do you believe loving God includes worshiping him and submitting to him?

Yes

Link

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »
Yes

And what is the right of the Messenger of God with respect to love to him?

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:17 AM »
Yes

The right of Messenger s.a.w. with respect to loving him? His s.a.w. right is to be loved above anybody else INCLUDING YOUR IMAMS!

قُلْ إِن كَانَ آبَاؤُكُمْ وَأَبْنَآؤُكُمْ وَإِخْوَانُكُمْ وَأَزْوَاجُكُمْ وَعَشِيرَتُكُمْ وَأَمْوَالٌ اقْتَرَفْتُمُوهَا وَتِجَارَةٌ تَخْشَوْنَ كَسَادَهَا وَمَسَاكِنُ تَرْضَوْنَهَا أَحَبَّ إِلَيْكُم مِّنَ اللّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَجِهَادٍ فِي سَبِيلِهِ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ حَتَّى يَأْتِيَ اللّهُ بِأَمْرِهِ وَاللّهُ لاَ يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْفَاسِقِينَ

Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "If  your  fathers,  your  sons,  your  brothers,  your  wives,  your relatives,  wealth  which  you  have  obtained,  commerce  wherein  you  fear  decline,  and dwellings  with  which  you  are  pleased  are  more  beloved  to  you  than Allah and  His Messenger  and  jihad  in  His  cause,  then  wait  until Allah executes  His  command.  And Allah does  not  guide  the  defiantly  disobedient  people." (At-Tawbah :  24)

It was narrated that Anas said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all the people.” (Narrated by Al-Bukhari & Muslim )

Link

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2017, 05:10:18 PM »
Yes

The right of Messenger s.a.w. with respect to loving him? His s.a.w. right is to be loved above anybody else INCLUDING YOUR IMAMS!

قُلْ إِن كَانَ آبَاؤُكُمْ وَأَبْنَآؤُكُمْ وَإِخْوَانُكُمْ وَأَزْوَاجُكُمْ وَعَشِيرَتُكُمْ وَأَمْوَالٌ اقْتَرَفْتُمُوهَا وَتِجَارَةٌ تَخْشَوْنَ كَسَادَهَا وَمَسَاكِنُ تَرْضَوْنَهَا أَحَبَّ إِلَيْكُم مِّنَ اللّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَجِهَادٍ فِي سَبِيلِهِ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ حَتَّى يَأْتِيَ اللّهُ بِأَمْرِهِ وَاللّهُ لاَ يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْفَاسِقِينَ

Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "If  your  fathers,  your  sons,  your  brothers,  your  wives,  your relatives,  wealth  which  you  have  obtained,  commerce  wherein  you  fear  decline,  and dwellings  with  which  you  are  pleased  are  more  beloved  to  you  than Allah and  His Messenger  and  jihad  in  His  cause,  then  wait  until Allah executes  His  command.  And Allah does  not  guide  the  defiantly  disobedient  people." (At-Tawbah :  24)

It was narrated that Anas said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all the people.” (Narrated by Al-Bukhari & Muslim )

And if you love him above anyone else, does that imply you will obey him and follow and recognize his chosen status as a means to God?

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »

And if you love him above anyone else, does that imply you will obey him and follow and recognize his chosen status as a means to God?

Nope. I will just follow him........

Say,  [O  Muhammad],  "If  you  should  love Allah ,  then  follow  me,  [so] Allah will  love  you and  forgive  you  your  sins.  And Allah is  Forgiving  and  Merciful." (Ali Imran : 30)

....... because he is the best example.

There  has  certainly  been  for  you  in  the  Messenger  of Allah an  excellent  pattern  for anyone  whose  hope  is  in Allah and  the  Last  Day  and  [who]  remembers Allah often. (Al-Ahzab : 21)

Link

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »

Nope. I will just follow him........

....... because he is the best example.

Salam fair enough.

The way I look at it, it's a duty to submit to God and follow God's teachings.

When God sends a Prophet, it is incumbent on people to submit and follow that Prophet and love the grace of God through that Prophet. The Prophet himself is a grace and mercy from God, so we have to love him aside from containing sacred beauty and majesty from God, for the sake that God has gifted us with his presence and made him the means towards him.

We have to appreciate who they are, and submit to their authority and love them as authorities and means to God because that would show appreciation to God.

Now the Quran elabroates that in fact the wage in 42:23 is in fact taking a path to God (25:57).

This makes sense only when the near kin of Mohammad are a means to God, and are also a means to loving humanity and God in the right manner.

That is they manifest the light of God as well they are measuring stick by which we love other humans.

Remember, we have to recognize God as he is. Not as we simply imagine him to be nor what we simply desire him to be nor what non-appointed leaders teach us he is!