TwelverShia.net Forum

How can Imams know the Mutashabihat?

iceman

Re: How can Imams know the Mutashabihat?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »
Iceman you have a peculiar habit of whenever you want to make a statement you do it in the form of question after questions.
What is clear is that the verse 13:43 that mentions ‘he who has knowledge of the book’ is not Ali or any other Imams from ahle bayt.
Just like Allah SWT & the prophet SAW are explicitly mentioned, then Ali or ahle bayt would have been eplicitly mentioned.
The change in stance from explicitly mentioning Allah SWT & prophet SAW but then not mentioning ‘he who has knowledge of the book’ by name(s) is proof it is reference to someone general.
Also its translated as written writ, scripture or book. Search english translations.

Why are you so afraid to answer questions. Did I say it was Ali or members of the Ahlulbayt? I didn't say anything as such. Is it "he who has knowledge of the book" or "Those who have knowledge of the Scripture"? Lets establish this first. Don't be afraid or hesitant to answer.

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »
There isn’t one translation only.
Go ask an expert in arabic.
He & they, as well as book & scripture can hold the same meaning depending on context used.

iceman

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
So looking at the verses,

"Those who disbelieve say, “You are not a messenger.” Say, “God is a sufficient witness between me and you, and whoever has knowledge of the Scripture.”
(13:43).

There's Jews and Christians who disbelieve in Muhammad s.a.w and say that he's not a Messenger. God says to Muhammad s.a.w to tell them (disbelievers) that he (God) along with some disbelievers who have knowledge of their scripture are a witness between Muhammad s.a.w and those disbelievers?

WOW! Is this the Sunni translation and meaning that God is aligning himself with some disbelievers, who happen to have knowledge of the Scripture, and making these disbelievers a witness along with himself between Muhammad s.a.w and the disbelievers. ?

zaid_ibn_ali

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
So looking at the verses,

"Those who disbelieve say, “You are not a messenger.” Say, “God is a sufficient witness between me and you, and whoever has knowledge of the Scripture.”
(13:43).

There's Jews and Christians who disbelieve in Muhammad s.a.w and say that he's not a Messenger. God says to Muhammad s.a.w to tell them (disbelievers) that he (God) along with some disbelievers who have knowledge of their scripture are a witness between Muhammad s.a.w and those disbelievers?

WOW! Is this the Sunni translation and meaning that God is aligning himself with some disbelievers, who happen to have knowledge of the Scripture, and making these disbelievers a witness along with himself between Muhammad s.a.w and the disbelievers. ?

Well I guess you also have a problem that Allah SWT made these same people as a sign too:

“It is not a sign to them that the learned scholars of the Children of Israel knew it (as true)? (26:197)