TwelverShia.net Forum

Tahreef in Book of GOD

Ijtaba

Tahreef in Book of GOD
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:43:06 AM »
Salaam.

I have a question which even applies to Shias as well. We all Muslims believe that Taurat (Book of Jews) and Injeel (Book of Christians) have been subjected to Tahreef. Based on this belief two questions arises:

01. Why didn't ALLAH (SWT) protect HIS Previous Books from Tahreef like Al-Quran?

02. When did Tahreef occur in Taurat and Injeel? I have done some research on this subject and I got to know that Torah at the time of Nabi Isa (a.s) is same as today and Gospels at the time of Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) is same as today. So when did alterations of Torah and Gospels happen?

Hani

Re: Tahreef in Book of GOD
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:24:45 AM »
سلام

Did Allah say He say He'll protect them?

So this is a non-Issue so far. This one was protected since it's supposed to last until the end without the guardianship of prophets.

I don't know when they were altered but they definitely were altered since scholars of the bible even today can track many of the alterations. In fact, most of the bible was lost, what you have today is a book of Hadith by Christians and these gospels(Christian Hadith books) underwent major corruption.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Farid

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 10:27:45 AM »
The Gospel of Eisa is not the same as the four Gospels.

It is pretty obvious that the Torah is not the Torah of Musa, since it includes the death of Musa. No idea when the changes were made though.

Ijtaba

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
سلام

Did Allah say He say He'll protect them?

So this is a non-Issue so far. This one was protected since it's supposed to last until the end without the guardianship of prophets.

I don't know when they were altered but they definitely were altered since scholars of the bible even today can track many of the alterations. In fact, most of the bible was lost, what you have today is a book of Hadith by Christians and these gospels(Christian Hadith books) underwent major corruption.

Wasalaam.

If following this logic Holy Books being protected by Prophets then it means Torah was not corrupted at the time of Nabi Isa (a.s) and Nabi Yahya (a.s) as before them there was succession of Prophets (a.s) without any gap.

Today there are no Prophets and Al-Quran is protected so we are guided but during the interval between Nabi Isa (a.s) and Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) why was Torah or Gospels not protected as there was no Prophet. It wouldn't make any sense that in this interval of 600 years GOD would leave the world without any Prophet to lead them nor with unaltered Book to guide them. In this period people were living without any Prophet and with altered Holy Books.

Gospels at the time of Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) are same as Gospels as today. If there is any evidence to the contrary please provide them as I am studying this topic.

Ijtaba

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »

It is pretty obvious that the Torah is not the Torah of Musa, since it includes the death of Musa. No idea when the changes were made though.

The Gospel of Nabi Isa (a.s) certainty is not the four Gospels but these four Gospels were in their full existence during the time of Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) and Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) considered them Holy Books as Christians were called People of the Book i.e. those who received GOD'S Holy Book.

If Torah is not same as Torah of Nabi Musa (a.s) then why did Prophets coming after Nabi Musa (a.s) till Nabi Isa (a.s) not correct the alterations as it was the duty of Prophets to protect Torah from Tahreef. If Torah got altered during the period of Prophets between Nabi Musa (a.s) till Nabi Isa (a.s) then which Torah were Prophets following? Were there 2 Torahs.. One which Prophets of Bani Israel had and another which Jews in Bani Israel had? That is to say Prophets of Bani Israel kept with themselves original unaltered Torah and let their people follow corrupted Torah?

Please provide answers with evidence because I am getting confused.

Ibn Yahya

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:24:36 PM »

The Gospel of Nabi Isa (a.s) certainty is not the four Gospels but these four Gospels were in their full existence during the time of Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) and Nabi Mohammed (s.a.w.w) considered them Holy Books as Christians were called People of the Book i.e. those who received GOD'S Holy Book.

I've never seen a narration saying that the canonical gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) of the Christians are holy books. This has never been said, to my knowledge that is. Secondly they were called Ahl al-Kitab because they were people who had received revelation but they had turned away from it in favour of their desires as Allah says

2:145
And if you brought to those who were given the Scripture every sign, they would not follow your qiblah. Nor will you be a follower of their qiblah. Nor would they be followers of one another's qiblah. So if you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, indeed, you would then be among the wrongdoers.

5:13
So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.

It is the fact that they hide what is in their books. Did you know for example that many ancient scrolls of the Gospels and Old testament have been bought and hidden by the Vatican? And this is in agreement with what Allah says in the Qur'an as he mentions that they hide and distort the scriptures.

Rationalist

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 04:55:05 AM »
They had many Prophets sent for protection, and the previous people still rejected. We follow the last Prophet(pbuh), so if the Quran would be gone then there would be nothing. With the Injeel, Prophet Isa (as) only had a few followers. So, the religion itself was collapsing in the time of Prophet Isa(as).

Rationalist

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:45 AM »
Aside from the verse which guarantees the Quran's protection, there is also this verse:

And in truth We have made the Qur'an easy to remember; but is there any that remembereth? (Quran 54:17)

There have been cases where blind Muslim Hafiz were able to correct other Muslims.