TwelverShia.net Forum

Verse of purification and Verse of guidance for the Sahabah

Hani

Verse of purification and Verse of guidance for the Sahabah
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:50:34 AM »
al-Salamu `Aleykum,

The Shia mention the verse of purification for the wives and relatives of the Prophet (saw):

{And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of evil suggestions], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.} [33:33]

Although I really don't know how they can reconcile it with this verse which talks about the Sahabah:

{[Remember] when He overwhelmed you with drowsiness [giving] security from Him and sent down upon you from the sky, rain by which to purify you and remove from you the evil [suggestions] of Satan and to make steadfast your hearts and plant firmly thereby your feet.} [8:11]

For some reason here the Shia do not wish to explain this as "infallibility", maybe because it doesn't have the word "Ahlul-Bayt" in it...

However, there are verses that are much stronger in praise and virtue for the Sahabah:

{Allah wants to make clear to you [the truth] and guide you to the practices of those before you and to accept your repentance. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.} [4:26]

After the prophets (as) the people who receive the most praise by Allah are the Sahabah, and that is clear and strong.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:52:32 AM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Furkan

Re: Verse of purification and Verse of guidance for the Sahabah
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:29:03 AM »
I assume the shiites will go on telling that those ayats are also refering to ahlul bayt.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Ameen

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
Ok, if these verses are in honour and praise of the Sahaba then, by all means lets here some words of honour and praise from you for Abu Zarr, Miqdad, Salman, Ammar, Abdullah ibne Masood, Habib ibne Mazahir. Any words??? May be you can start a thread in honour and praise about these beloved companions, about these masters as well along with the others. After all it is the Sahaba we are concerned about.

Hani

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »
Those you mentioned are included in the verses. If you want praise for them, check their biographies on all (Sunni) Islamic websites.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Rationalist

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »
Ok, if these verses are in honour and praise of the Sahaba then, by all means lets here some words of honour and praise from you for Abu Zarr, Miqdad, Salman, Ammar, Abdullah ibne Masood, Habib ibne Mazahir. Any words??? May be you can start a thread in honour and praise about these beloved companions, about these masters as well along with the others. After all it is the Sahaba we are concerned about.

Both Ammar bin Yassir and Salman Farsi were appointed as governors by Umar during his rule.

As for Abdullah ibn Masud there are a lot of ahadith from him in the Sunni books. Much more than the 12er Shia books.

Also, Imam Abu Hanifa took a lot of fiqhi views from Abdullah ibn Masood. The chain in his fiqh is n Imam Abu
Hanifa-> Hammad i->Zuhri-> Ibrahim al Nakhay ->Abdullah Ibn Masud(RA)     

Ameen

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 02:05:26 AM »
How come we hardly hear anything about such companions from the so called lovers of the Sahaba??? Why does Sahabiath only evolve around those who got in to Khilafath??? The Sahaba were in thousands and we only get to here just a handful by these so called lovers and defenders of the Sahaba??? I think we should do much more for the Sahaba by true means rather than just blowing the trumpet for just a few odd.

Hani

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:59:59 AM »
You don't hear it because you don't follow, when you follow like we do then you'll hear a lot of it.

Husayn

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 03:09:34 AM »
How come we hardly hear anything about such companions from the so called lovers of the Sahaba??? Why does Sahabiath only evolve around those who got in to Khilafath??? The Sahaba were in thousands and we only get to here just a handful by these so called lovers and defenders of the Sahaba??? I think we should do much more for the Sahaba by true means rather than just blowing the trumpet for just a few odd.

How come when I was a Rafidi I hardly ever heard anything about the Prophet (saw)? Only 'Ali (ra), or al-Husayn (ra), as if Allah (swt) revealed Islam to them?
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
How come when I was a Rafidi I hardly ever heard anything about the Prophet (saw)? Only 'Ali (ra), or al-Husayn (ra), as if Allah (swt) revealed Islam to them?
So true, before my mind worked like this, Successor+Awesome=Ali, Karbala=Hussain. In Kandahar, Shia women were only allowed to go to masjid on Ashura (not Eid) :-\

Ameen

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »
You don't hear it because you don't follow, when you follow like we do then you'll hear a lot of it.

It's the other way around. If you believed in and followed all of them as you claim then it would be a different story.

We don't believe in them like you do. If we say something then we mean it. We categorise the Sahaba according to their character, performance and achievement, where as you claim to believe in them all and when it comes to believing then it's just a handful.

You know the story. People just need to be made aware of the facts.

Ameen

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 08:33:20 PM »

Well if this is your case then I'm afraid you were not a Rafidi. If you were a Rafidi then this wouldn't be the story. Claiming to be a Rafidi is one and being is another.

How come I am still a Rafidi and I hear more about the Prophet (pbuh) than anyone else??? So what are you going to say here???

People were told silly stories just to keep them away from Imam barghas and Majlis (Shia religious gatherings). Why???

Those tales are still told. Why??? To keep people away. For Kafirs and Mushriks we have Dawa but when it comes to Shias they are acussed of Kufr and Shirk then, they are slandered and attacked, why??? Where is dawa here???

Ameen

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »

LOL! How come I hear a hell of a lot, all the time, about the first three Khalifs, Ameer Muavia, Khalid bin Waleed and their virtues and I don't believe in them as much as you do??? How would you explain this then??? LOL.

Furkan

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
^ This smart guy replied twice to the same comment of hani.

Do you even think bro?
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »
^ This smart guy replied twice to the same comment of hani.

Do you even think bro?

Well you said that I am smart then why would I need to think??? Why don't you give it a go on answering it???

Hani

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:36:42 AM »

Al-Fawa'id al-Muntaqah li ibn abi al-Fawaris:

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ، ثنا عَلِيُّ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، ثنا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحُبَابِ، حَدَّثَنِي حُسَيْنُ بْنُ وَاقِدٍ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ النَّحْوِيِّ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ: " إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ أَنْ يُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ "، قَالَ: نَزَلَتْ فِي أَزْوَاجِ النَّبِيِّ  خَاصَّةً

`Abdullah bin Muhammad bin Ziyad (Thiqah) -> abu al-Hasan `Ali bin Harb (Thiqah) -> Husayn bin Waqid (Saduq Hasan) -> Yazid bin abi Sa`id al-Nahawi (Thiqah) -> `Ikrimah (Thiqah) -> ibn `Abbas.

Tafseer ibn Katheer:

رَوَى ابْنُ أَبِي حَاتِمٍ قَالَ: حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ حَرْبٍ الْمَوْصِلِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحُبَاب، حَدَّثَنَا حُسَيْنُ بْنُ وَاقِدٍ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ النَّحْوِيِّ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ فِي قَوْلِهِ: {إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ} قَالَ: نَزَلَتْ فِي نِسَاءِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ خاصة. وَقَالَ عِكْرِمَةُ: مَنْ شَاءَ بَاهَلْتُهُ أَنَّهَا نَزَلَتْ فِي أَزْوَاجِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ.

Tareekh Dimashq:

أخبرنا أبو القاسم بن السمرقندي أنا أبو الحسين بن النقور أنا أبو طاهر المخلص نا عبد الله بن محمد بن زياد نا علي بن حرب نا زيد بن الحباب حدثني حسين بن واقد عن زيد النحوي عن عكرمة عن ابن عباس " إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت قال نزلت في أزواج النبي ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) خاصة قال عكرمة ومن شاء باهلته أنها نزلت في نساء النبي

Isma`il bin Ahmad al-Samarqandi (Thiqah) -> Ahmad bin Muhammad bin al-Naqqour (Thiqah) -> abu Tahir Muhammad bin `Abdul-Rahman (Thiqah) -> Abu Bakr `Abdullah bin Muhammad bin Ziyad al-Faqih (Thiqah) -> abu al-Hasan `Ali bin Harb (Thiqah) -> Zayd bin al-Habbab al-Tamimi (Thiqah) -> Husayn bin Waqid (Saduq Hasan) -> Yazid bin abi Sa`id al-Nahawi (Thiqah) -> `Ikrimah (Thiqah) -> ibn `Abbas.

Tafseer Asbab-ul-Nuzoul lil-Wahidi:

أخبرنا أبو القاسم عبد الرحمن بن محمد السراج قال: أخبرنا محمد بن يعقوب قال: أخبرنا الحسن بن علي بن عفان قال: أخبرنا أبو يحيى الحماني، عن صالح بن موسى القرشي، عن خصيف، عن سعيد بن جبير، عن ابن عباس قال: أنزلت هذه الآية في نساء النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم - إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت

`Abdul-Rahman bin Muhammad al-Sarraj (Imam Jalil Thiqah) -> abu al-`Abbas Muhammad bin Ya`qoub (Thiqah) -> al-Hasan bin `Ali bin `Affan (Thiqah) -> abu Yahya `Abdul-Hameed bin `Abdul-Rahman (Saduq Hasan) -> Salih bin Musa bin Ishaq bin Talhah bin `Ubaydullah (Da`eef la Yata`ammad-ul-Kadhib) -> Khaseef (Saduq Salih Yukhti') -> Sa`id bin Jubayr (Thiqah) -> ibn `Abbas.

أخبرنا عقيل بن محمد الجرجاني فيما أجاز لي لفظا قال: أخبرنا المعافى بن زكريا القاضي قال: أخبرنا محمد بن جرير قال: أخبرنا ابن حميد قال: أخبرنا يحيى بن واضح قال: أخبرنا الاصبغ، عن علقمة، عن عكرمة في قوله تعالى - إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت - قال: ليس الذين يذهبون إليه إنما هي أزواج النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، قال: وكان عكرمة ينادي هذا في السوق.

--------------------

^ This for reference.

Hani

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:45:59 AM »

LOL! How come I hear a hell of a lot, all the time, about the first three Khalifs, Ameer Muavia, Khalid bin Waleed and their virtues and I don't believe in them as much as you do??? How would you explain this then??? LOL.

"Howcome?"

Because you're an ignorant and you often don't know what you're talking about. When I said you "don't follow" I meant you do not follow the sermons and lectures and books the way we follow (assuming you do so at all) that's why you say such ridiculous things.

The truth of the matter is that Ahlul-Sunnah in the majority of their lectures praise many Sahabah and mention their stories, mainly the four, and those you mentioned such as abu Dharr and Salman and ibn Mas`oud and Khalid etc... However, rarely have I ever heard anyone mention Mu`awiyah, I don't know where you got that from.

As for the man who gets the most attention and the spotlight in the lectures of Ahlul-Sunnah, it is Rasul-Allah (saw).

We do not care about this flawed observation of yours, but we clarify for any clueless readers.

Ameen

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 12:57:03 AM »
Calm down bro, don't get too carried away. I am talking about your forms and threads. All you get on there is virtues of a few handful. Since when have any of you created a thread and dedicated your energy and time on any of the companions i've mentioned. You claim to be lovers of Sahaba and defenders of Sahabiath and you just mention a few as the fingers on your hands. Sahaba were many. Nothing personal bro just metioning facts and trying to expose the true nature of things. People have a right to know.

Furkan

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:30 AM »
We are defending the sahaba who get accused of things by rawafid.

“last words?”

Ameen

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:06:31 AM »
We are defending the sahaba who get accused of things by rawafid.

They are accused by your top scholars in your own beloved history books which are labelled authentic by your own Ulama.

The Shias only crime is they point that material out for you and give you references from your own authentic books.

That's just about it and nothing more or less. This is what you're trying to hide by slandering and attacking the Shias

Furkan

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:28 AM »
Did you know that twelvershia.net also has articles about these accusations?

“last words?”