TwelverShia.net Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quran-Tafseer / Ayat Al Mawaddah Debunked | The Hidden Truth Part ll
« Last post by muslim720 on Today at 12:23:05 AM »
Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah,
As if we hadn't seen this many times before, Bayat al Ghadeer has been destroyed in minutes, AGAIN, this time by brother Farid.

Initially, I was surprised to see Bayat al Ghadeer bounce back so quickly after being so utterly refuted by brother Hassan Shemrani but when you're low on shame, anything can happen.  Plus, I am glad they're recycling and restating their (old and already-refuted) arguments on video.  The new generation which does not care to read lengthy articles on Twelvershia.net (for example) can watch the refutations on YouTube.  Furthermore, the confused Shia youth or the ones with open minds can tremendously benefit from these exchanges.  If anything, Bayat al Ghadeer will be the reason why many honest Shias (who follow such content on YouTube) will leave Tashayyu, insha'Allah.

In this video, Hani examines and refutes the Shias that accuse Sunnis of shirk for affirming power and knowledge to Allah.

Hadith-Rijal / Re: Shia Scholar on twitter caught misquoting Sunni sources
« Last post by muslim720 on Yesterday at 03:05:16 AM »
This Modaressi guy is coming to Imam Ali Center this weekend, the most unwelcoming Shia mosque of the three I visit (as per other Shias in the community).

Brother Farid, if you want, I can go there and convey him your message, lol.
General Discussion / Re: Syed Ali and Bayat al Ghadeer Destroyed
« Last post by zaid_ibn_ali on February 20, 2018, 09:11:50 PM »
Why can’t he just admit that he wasn’t aware it was in the Quran & repent for mocking something which is clearly worded almost identically in the Quran.

Hadith-Rijal / Re: Shia Scholar on twitter caught misquoting Sunni sources
« Last post by zaid_ibn_ali on February 20, 2018, 09:09:35 PM »
^ The discussion is not finished yet. Farid continues to academically refute Mahdi Modaressi:

https://twitter.com/Farid_BHR/status/965533254722998273

He is not just their famous preacher but also owner of the biggest Shia TV network in English.

Has this modaressi responded yet?

Each time he posts a tweet it seems he humiliates himself.

Is there a link to view the live tweet thread? I’m clueless when it comes to twitter.
Imamah-Ghaybah / Re: Imamah: usul al-din or usul al-mathab?
« Last post by Khaled on February 20, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »
Al-Salamu Alaykum

I will respond in the coming days inshaAllah. I just want the brothers to know it is difficult to respond to two long posts, so bare with me and please don't respond until I responded to both of you.

وعليكم السلام

Since I came in second I'm willing to step down in the discussion and let you go back to muslim720.

بارك الله فيك
« Last post by muslim720 on February 20, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »
Why am I not surprised (that Syed Ali had the gall to try to defend his huge blunder)?
Imamah-Ghaybah / Re: Imamah: usul al-din or usul al-mathab?
« Last post by Zlatan Ibrahimovic on February 20, 2018, 06:06:16 PM »
Al-Salamu Alaykum

I will respond in the coming days inshaAllah. I just want the brothers to know it is difficult to respond to two long posts, so bare with me and please don't respond until I responded to both of you.
« Last post by MuslimAnswers on February 20, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »
^

One wonders what is up with the veiled threat of applying "Hudood". In any case, the thinkers/metaphysicians of Sunnism are quite aware that all language used to describe of Allah the Exalted must be approached within certain bounds and prerequisites, not only with regards to authentic Ahadith, but even what is more epistemically certain than that, namely the text of the Quran.

Using Mr. Ali's method, one could summarily dismiss the Ahadith, the Quran and Islam as a whole, and at most believe in a 'remote God' who does not and cannot have any impact on the observable Universe, just like many 'Enlightenment' Euro-Americans did.
« Last post by MuslimK on February 20, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »

If you notice only ONE Hadith was presented. It also gives the impression that I was not aware of this verse...

^ That is an indirect admission that he was wrong but doesn't want to admit due to arrogance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10