TwelverShia.net Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sahabah-AhlulBayt / Re: Did Ibn Abbas change his opinion on Muta?
« Last post by Hani on Today at 05:30:52 AM »
I quote Farid, that this opinion that Ibn `Abbas held was VERY IMPORTANT. This opinion destroys the entirety of Imami Fiqh and shows the lies and deceit of their main narrators. This is because Ibn `Abbas held one of the most controversial opinions in Islamic Fiqh, he preached it openly, no one harmed him nor did he ever have to resort to Taqiyyah.
Do the names of Moses & Aaron appear 12 times together?
Different english Quran searches were giving me different numbers & not 12.

Do the names of Moses & Aaron appear 12 times together?
Different english Quran searches were giving me different numbers & not 12.

All 20 times are here.  http://www.holyquran.net/cgi-bin/qsearch.pl?st=%E5%C7%D1%E6%E4&sv=1&ec=114&ev=6&ae=&mw=r&alef=ON;sc=1&

I recounted the times they appear together, and it is twelve. 

وقال لهم نبيهم إن آية ملكه أن يأتيكم التابوت فيه سكينة من ربكم وبقية مما ترك آل موسى وآل هارون تحمله الملائكة إن في ذلك لآية لكم إن كنتم مؤمنين

نا أوحينا إليك كما أوحينا إلى نوح والنبيين من بعده وأوحينا إلى إبراهيم وإسماعيل وإسحاق ويعقوب والأسباط وعيسى وأيوب ويونس وهارون وسليمان وآتينا داوود زبورا

Not both.

ووهبنا له إسحاق ويعقوب كلا هدينا ونوحا هدينا من قبل ومن ذريته داوود وسليمان وأيوب ويوسف وموسى وهارون وكذلك نجزي المحسنين

رب موسى وهارون

وواعدنا موسى ثلاثين ليلة وأتممناها بعشر فتم ميقات ربه أربعين ليلة وقال موسى لأخيه هارون اخلفني في قومي وأصلح ولا تتبع سبيل المفسدين

ثم بعثنا من بعدهم موسى وهارون إلى فرعون وملئه بآياتنا فاستكبروا وكانوا قوما مجرمين

يا أخت هارون ما كان أبوك امرأ سوء وما كانت أمك بغيا

not both

ووهبنا له من رحمتنا أخاه هارون نبيا

not both

هارون أخي

not both

فألقي السحرة سجدا قالوا آمنا برب هارون وموسى

ولقد قال لهم هارون من قبل يا قوم إنما فتنتم به وإن ربكم الرحمن فاتبعوني وأطيعوا أمري

not both

قال يا هارون ما منعك إذ رأيتهم ضلوا

not both

ولقد آتينا موسى وهارون الفرقان وضياء وذكرا للمتقين

ثم أرسلنا موسى وأخاه هارون بآياتنا وسلطان مبين

ولقد آتينا موسى الكتاب وجعلنا معه أخاه هارون وزيرا

ويضيق صدري ولا ينطلق لساني فأرسل إلى هارون

not both

رب موسى وهارون

وأخي هارون هو أفصح مني لسانا فأرسله معي ردءا يصدقني إني أخاف أن يكذبون

not both

ولقد مننا على موسى وهارون

سلام على موسى وهارون

Salam

One of the most emphasized teachings in Quran, is for a people who become certain, the signs that God shows them is enough.  They grow in the certainty of course, but signs that should make them have faith, do so, and signs that should make them certain do so.

As for your first point, I am not saying Imammate is not clear in Quran nor that it can't be proven directly from it, but that why is not designated in the same way.

As for your second point, I think you misunderstand the issue of clear firm signs and unclear. Nothing in Quran is ambiguous in itself,  somethings unclear to person A maybe unclear to person B while somethings to person B maybe clear but unclear to person A.

That is nature of a book that contains all information pertaining to the guidance of humanity, which has no end.  Mohammad is the highest sky, so whatever knowledge he increases in, the rope of God connects to that, and the book of God hence contains knowledge that is yet not known but to God.

Of course there is some degrees of knowledge that ignorance of it is forgiven, but there is a level that on most humans, that they must reflect and reach.

Imammate is certainly a deep subject with many layers of understanding, but at least, people should disbelieve in Taghut and believe in the Authority of God designated to his chosen ones. The issue of succession in chosen families of the founders has been emphasized in a clear decisive manner.

My statement is not that it's not clear or manifest, it is more on the lines explaining the reason why it's not explicit in the sense Sunnis want it to be.

And in that sense going back to the first point, disbelievers are never sastified with the proofs presented. They always raise the bar. So whatever clarity there is, it would only cause more disbelief and more severe level of it.

That is because what is sufficient proof should suffice the truth seeker provided he truly is seeking the truth. And there is ample evidence for Ali and Imams both in Quran and Sunnah.

General Discussion / Re: Sunni Caliphate System
« Last post by Khaled on Today at 01:05:08 AM »
Lets say for example Obaidah went to Ali instead of Omar and told him what was about to happen in Saqifa and Ali went with Ammar or Abu Zar, and exactly the same thing happened, one thing led to another and guess what.....Ali ended up being Khalifa.

Would you call this consultation based on justice, fairness and reasoning towards others? Oh but Ali is a good man, he is from Ahle Bayth he is this that and the other. It doesn't matter and that's not the point. This is not just and fair. It hasn't been carried out fairly and justly. Well people would accept it or did accept for what ever reason one or the other, I'm afraid it's wrong and hasn't been conducted properly and legitimately.

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I hope everything is going well with you إن شاء الله.

Had Abu Obaydah gone to Ali رضي الله عنهما and the same scenario played out, I would say the same thing I say now, it was the best possible scenario to a bad situation and الحمدلله their action "saved Islam."  I would also side with the overwhelming Sahabah who approved and pledged allegiance to it.  I wouldn't, however, use it to attack Ali رضي الله عنه's character, nor as an example that Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه was a divinely appointed Imam.

Abu Bakr (رضّى الله عنه) then said:

“Allah is my witness that we are not pressing the claim of the Quraish because of any selfish interest. The proposal is prompted in the interest of the solidarity of Islam (i.e. to maintain unity and prevent civil war). To give you a proof of our sincerity, I declare before you that I do not covet the office. Here are Umar and Abu Ubaidah. You may choose any one of these.”

(Khalifa Umar bin al-Khattab, Chapter of “Death of the Prophet”)

Abu Bakr said that they were only there to prevent civil war? Well why would there be civil war and who would start it.

I want to first of all say that I am amazed that you can read that quote and still come away with a negative perception of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه.

Second of all, I think the answer is found in the previous quote, he feared that the "Arabs" would not accept leadership from anyone other than Quraysh.  Therefore, the civil war would be between the Muslims/Arabs and he feared that would cause a war that could possibly end the spreading of Islam.  Practical thinking that actually saved the deen, may Allah have mercy and be pleased with Abu Bakr, as well as Omar, Uthman and Ali رضي الله عنهم أجمعين
« Last post by iceman on Yesterday at 11:26:19 PM »
Abu Bakr (رضّى الله عنه) then said:

“Allah is my witness that we are not pressing the claim of the Quraish because of any selfish interest. The proposal is prompted in the interest of the solidarity of Islam (i.e. to maintain unity and prevent civil war). To give you a proof of our sincerity, I declare before you that I do not covet the office. Here are Umar and Abu Ubaidah. You may choose any one of these.”

(Khalifa Umar bin al-Khattab, Chapter of “Death of the Prophet”)

Abu Bakr said that they were only there to prevent civil war? Well why would there be civil war and who would start it.
Sahabah-AhlulBayt / Re: Did Ibn Abbas change his opinion on Muta?
« Last post by Hani on Yesterday at 11:15:32 PM »
There's a few narrations suggesting this, I don't recall anything authentic.
Sahabah-AhlulBayt / Did Ibn Abbas change his opinion on Muta?
« Last post by confusedshia on Yesterday at 11:08:35 PM »
Salam,

I have heard a number of Sunnis say that Ibn Abbas changed his opinion on muta and later ruled it to be haram. What is the source for this?
« Last post by iceman on Yesterday at 09:58:44 PM »
Lets say for example Obaidah went to Ali instead of Omar and told him what was about to happen in Saqifa and Ali went with Ammar or Abu Zar, and exactly the same thing happened, one thing led to another and guess what.....Ali ended up being Khalifa.

Would you call this consultation based on justice, fairness and reasoning towards others? Oh but Ali is a good man, he is from Ahle Bayth he is this that and the other. It doesn't matter and that's not the point. This is not just and fair. It hasn't been carried out fairly and justly. Well people would accept it or did accept for what ever reason one or the other, I'm afraid it's wrong and hasn't been conducted properly and legitimately.
« Last post by iceman on Yesterday at 09:47:26 PM »
...Why wete the Shaykhain not willing to accept an Ansari as a leader of the Ummah and  threatened the Ansaar with civil war if things didn't go their way?

In my copy of Tabari (3/205-206) Abu Bakr says this as an explanation:

وَقَالَ: أَمَّا بَعْدُ يَا مَعْشَرَ الأَنْصَارِ، فَإِنَّكُمْ لا تَذْكُرُونَ مِنْكُمْ فَضْلا إِلا وَأَنْتُمْ لَهُ أَهْلٌ، وَإِنَّ الْعَرَبَ لا تَعْرِفُ هَذَا الأَمْرَ إِلا لِهَذَا الْحَيِّ مِنْ قُرَيْشٍ، وَهُمْ أَوْسَطُ الْعَرَبِ دَارًا وَنَسَبًا، وَلَكِنْ قَدْ رَضِيتُ لَكُمْ أَحَدَ هَذَيْنِ الرَّجُلَيْنِ، فَبَايِعُوا أَيَّهُمَا شِئْتُمْ.
O Group of Ansar!  You did not mention a quality except that you were worthy of it.  But that Arabs does not know this issue (i.e. governance) to anyone except this "hayy" from Quraysh; they have the best lineage and abode among the Arabs.  So, I have approved for you either one of these two men (Omar or Abu Ubaydah), so pledge your allegiance to whoever you want.

I hope that helps إن شاء الله

Thanks.
« Last post by Khaled on Yesterday at 08:53:20 PM »
...Why wete the Shaykhain not willing to accept an Ansari as a leader of the Ummah and  threatened the Ansaar with civil war if things didn't go their way?

In my copy of Tabari (3/205-206) Abu Bakr says this as an explanation:

وَقَالَ: أَمَّا بَعْدُ يَا مَعْشَرَ الأَنْصَارِ، فَإِنَّكُمْ لا تَذْكُرُونَ مِنْكُمْ فَضْلا إِلا وَأَنْتُمْ لَهُ أَهْلٌ، وَإِنَّ الْعَرَبَ لا تَعْرِفُ هَذَا الأَمْرَ إِلا لِهَذَا الْحَيِّ مِنْ قُرَيْشٍ، وَهُمْ أَوْسَطُ الْعَرَبِ دَارًا وَنَسَبًا، وَلَكِنْ قَدْ رَضِيتُ لَكُمْ أَحَدَ هَذَيْنِ الرَّجُلَيْنِ، فَبَايِعُوا أَيَّهُمَا شِئْتُمْ.
O Group of Ansar!  You did not mention a quality except that you were worthy of it.  But that Arabs does not know this issue (i.e. governance) to anyone except this "hayy" from Quraysh; they have the best lineage and abode among the Arabs.  So, I have approved for you either one of these two men (Omar or Abu Ubaydah), so pledge your allegiance to whoever you want.

I hope that helps إن شاء الله
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10