TwelverShia.net Forum

Abu Bakr & Fadak

confusedshia

Abu Bakr & Fadak
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:10:29 AM »
Can someone please explain the Fadak situation to me. From what I understand, Fatima requested that Abu Bakr pass the land of Fadak onto her but Abu Bakr refused because he claimed that the Prophet had told him that Prophets do not leave inheritance. Am I missing any background to this story or is it just that simple?

Why didn't Fatima trust Abu Bakr and why did she die angry with him because of this as the narration in Bukhari says?

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
Re: Abu Bakr & Fadak
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »
Can someone please explain the Fadak situation to me. From what I understand, Fatima requested that Abu Bakr pass the land of Fadak onto her but Abu Bakr refused because he claimed that the Prophet had told him that Prophets do not leave inheritance. Am I missing any background to this story or is it just that simple?

Salam Alaikum,

Yeah, that how the story is.

Why didn't Fatima trust Abu Bakr and why did she die angry with him because of this as the narration in Bukhari says?

She didn't say she didn't trust Abubakr. She was initially just upset at the judgement.

Some good links dealing with this also with issue of Fatima's anger (according to many investigations the statement "she died angry with Abubakr" were not the words of Aisha but of a sub-narrater):
Story of Fadak in brief
https://islamistruth.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/the-issue-of-fadak-in-brief/

This is the best Q&A article about Fadak:
http://www.twelvershia.net/2014/05/08/fadak-prophetic-inheritance-qa/

More:
http://www.chiite.fr/en/m_sahaba.html
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Farid

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:50:39 PM »

Yes, pretty much.

Al Abbas and her both go to Abu Bakr asking for Fadak, assuming that they would both inherit it.

Instead, Abu Bakr would not give it to them. He continued what the Prophet peace be upon him did, which was to split profits made from Fadak upon Bani Hashim. So, no, Abu Bakr did not use Fadak for his own financial gain.

All these details can be found in Al Bukhari, however, these details are usually ignored by Shias that would rather prefer on the issue of Fatima being angry.

In regards to her anger, the narration in Al Bukhari says, "HE SAID: She stayed angry until she died."

The question is: Who is "HE?"

This is an intruiging question since the narrator of the report is A'isha, so it should say, "She said."

Sunni scholars hold the view that "He" is Al Zuhri, who never met Fatima, which makes the hadith disconnected.

Hani

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »
Salam,

Let us know if you have more SPECIFIC questions on this.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Link

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:53:57 PM »
Fatima (sa) quoted some verses to dismiss that hadith.

I would research all the verses that paraphrase the prayer of Zakariya.   Like the prayer of Moses, they interpret one another and show what was meant.

If you research the various quotes and see them in light of one another (ie. all the paraphrasing of Zakariya's prayer regarding Yahya (as)), you will see that Fatima's (sa) interpretation is spot on, and can't mean but what she said.

This is where to this day, people can't acknowledge a fabrication, even though Quran is clear in that regard.

And as Ahlulbayt (as) was abandoned, so then the Quran began to be ignored for the sake of people's desires.
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Hani

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »
Fatima (sa) quoted some verses to dismiss that hadith.

I would research all the verses that paraphrase the prayer of Zakariya.   Like the prayer of Moses, they interpret one another and show what was meant.

If you research the various quotes and see them in light of one another (ie. all the paraphrasing of Zakariya's prayer regarding Yahya (as)), you will see that Fatima's (sa) interpretation is spot on, and can't mean but what she said.

This is where to this day, people can't acknowledge a fabrication, even though Quran is clear in that regard.

And as Ahlulbayt (as) was abandoned, so then the Quran began to be ignored for the sake of people's desires.

You say that and you haven't researched anything as is apparent from your sad post above.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Hani

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 01:22:03 AM »
To clarify, NO Fatimah did not quote a verse, your evidence that she did is very flimsy AT BEST. In fact, go ahead and provide your evidence by all means that she quoted that verse, let's see how solid your religion is.

Secondly, do you even know that Ahlul-Sunnah have two positions on the narration in question? If so, did you know one of them cancels the usage of these other verses as evidence?