TwelverShia.net Forum

`Ali and `Uthman in Nahj al-Balaghah

Hani

`Ali and `Uthman in Nahj al-Balaghah
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:25 AM »
Salam,

An important article from Nahj-ul-Balaghah proving `Ali went to great length in support of `Uthman, that `Ali viewed `Uthman's killers as unjust, that `Ali is proud of his support but `Uthman requested that he steps down etc...

http://nahjul-balagha.net/ali-protects-uthman/

However, the article was missing the remainder of this Sermon 168:

وقد قال له قوم من الصحابة: لو عاقبت قوماً ممن أجلب على عثمان؟ فقال:

يَا إخْوَتَاهُ! إنِّي لَسْتُ أَجْهَلُ مَا تَعْلَمُونَ، وَلكِنْ كَيْفَ لي بِقُوَّة وَالْقَوْمُ الْـمُجْلبُونَ[1] عَلَى حَدِّ شَوْكَتِهِمْ[2]، يَمْلِكُونَنَا وَلاَ نَمْلِكُهُمْ! وهَاهُمْ هؤُلاَءِ قَدْ ثَارَتْ مَعَهُمْ عِبْدَانِكُمْ، وَالْتَفَّتْ إلَيْهِمْ أَعْرَابُكُمْ، وَهُمْ خِلاَلَكُمْ[3] يَسُومُونَكُمْ[4] مَا شَاؤُوا; وَهَلْ تَرَوْنَ مَوْضِعاً لِقُدْرَة عَلَى شَيء، تُرِيدُونَهُ؟!

[When a group of `Ali's companions requested that he punishes those who assaulted `Uthman. He answered: O brothers, I am not ignorant of what you say. However, how can I accomplish this when those who assaulted are in the height of their power? They are dominant over us not we over them. They are now in the position that even your slaves have risen with them and Bedouin Arabs too have joined them. They are now among you and are harming you as they like. Do you see any way to be able to do what you aim at!?]

I feel this should be added in full and not just a part of it as it contains vital historical information on what `Ali's position was (Sunni position). I request those in charge of the site to do so.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:42:02 AM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear