TwelverShia.net Forum

The names of Caliphs' sons.

Proud Muslimah

The names of Caliphs' sons.
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:49 AM »
Assalamualaikum.. How can we answer this shia argument :

''how many sons, brothers, narrators do we know from the ruling Caliphs with the
name of Ali?''

JazakAllah.
" Allah sufficeth me. There is none worthy of worship but He alone. On Him is my trust, He is the Lord of the Supreme Throne." (Surah Tauba)

Furkan

Re: The names of Caliphs' sons.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:53:10 AM »
The caliphs didnt have many children like Ali. Next to that, it's not neccesary to show your love towards person A by giving the same name to your child. It's just that Ali DID name his children after the 3 caliphs, and this is bothering the shia, since they don't expect something like this.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Hani

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:36:32 AM »
`Ali was born in the year 18 before Hijrah because he died in the year 40 AH as is popular and his age was 58 according to the most accurate reports. (Which shows he was around 6-7 years old when he embraced Islam)

`Uthman was born in the year 47 before Hijrah.
`Umar was born in the year 40 before Hijrah.
Abu Bakr was born in the year 50 before Hijrah.

In other words `Ali was young enough to be their kid, so the odds of them naming their kids after him is really low, in fact they all had kids before `Ali became popular for any merits.

He on the other hand named his kids after them as they were senior Sahabah and the elders and leaders of the believers.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:51:06 AM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 01:40:53 AM »
ِAbubakr, Umar and Uthman became role models for those after them so they named their children after the three companions, may Allah be pleased with them all.

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com