TwelverShia.net Forum

Hassan (RA) & Hussain (RA) got slapped by their father

Optimus Prime

Hassan (RA) & Hussain (RA) got slapped by their father
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
for not protecting Uthman (RA).

I know something was said about this on the HCY site, but can no longer find the narration.

Taha

Re: Hassan (RA) & Hussain (RA) got slapped by their father
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »
I thought that Hassan and Hussein did protect `Uthman, even when he told them to leave.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »
I thought that Hassan and Hussein did protect `Uthman, even when he told them to leave.

They tried, but obviously their attempts weren't enough as he was martyred in the end.

Hadrami

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »
this is one of the reason why i admire him so much. The only man whom Rasulullah shallallahu alaihi wasallam considered good enough to marry 2, not just 1 of his noble daughters. The only leader of a superpower nation in history who would rather die than having someone else fight for him. It is insane not to at least recognise that instead of cursing him RA.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
this is one of the reason why i admire him so much. The only man whom Rasulullah shallallahu alaihi wasallam considered good enough to marry 2, not just 1 of his noble daughters. The only leader of a superpower nation in history who would rather die than having someone else fight for him. It is insane not to at least recognise that instead of cursing him RA.

Yes, Ali (RA) knew Uthman (RA) was superior to him.

The only person to have married 2 daughters of a Prophet.

Ameen

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 02:03:07 AM »

I know something was said about this on the HCY site, but can no longer find the narration.

You gentlemen enjoy creating something out of nothing. Firstly was it their duty to protect the Khalif??? If yes then why??? Who killed Hazrath Usman (ra) and what was the reason???

Ameen

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »

Marrying does't make you superior. Qualities and merits along with character, performance and achievement is what makes you superior.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 02:08:57 AM »

Marrying does't make you superior. Qualities and merits along with character, performance and achievement is what makes you superior.

And, Uthman (RA) fits that bill just right. It was because of his qualities and merits the Prophet (SAW) married him not to one, but two of his daughters.

Ameen

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 02:20:25 AM »

You gentlemen enjoy creating something out of nothing. Firstly was it their duty to protect the Khalif??? If yes then why??? Who killed Hazrath Usman (ra) and what was the reason???

Who cares.

This thread about finding a narration where the pair of then (RA) were smacked for not being able to achieve their objecitve.

You didn't answer my questions. Who cares??? Just say, "I don't know" or " I do know but I don't want to get in to that".

Ameen

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 02:21:12 AM »

And, Uthman (RA) fits that bill just right. It was because of his qualities and merits the Prophet (SAW) married him not to one, but two of his daughters.

So what was his qualities and merits then???

Optimus Prime

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 02:24:03 AM »

So what was his qualities and merits then???

Open up another, and I'm sure someone will be more than obliged to educate you on the brother in law of Ali (RA).

Not this thread.

Muhammad Tazin

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
Uthman(r.a) was killed by treachurus rebels, invoked by the theory of ibn Saba(L.A.)

Ameen

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
Uthman(r.a) was killed by treachurus rebels, invoked by the theory of ibn Saba(L.A.)

Can you back this claim up??? Who were those rebels??? What was the reason of the killing??? Ibne Saba, fact or fiction??? Did he really exist or was he just created to divert attention??? You can open up another thread or tell me and I will, since this is what is repeatedly asked.

Furkan

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 12:20:29 AM »
Guys, i'm not picking a side, but we are going offtopic (again).
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 01:26:42 AM »
Guys, i'm not picking a side, but we are going offtopic (again).

We are indeed.

Hadrami

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 01:27:22 AM »
15 questions marks in 1 comment. Still below his personal record :D

Hani

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 03:45:51 AM »
Anything off topic below this will be removed.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 04:04:20 AM »
I found it.

http://gift2shias.com/2013/06/01/alis-appeal-to-his-sons-on-the-murder-of-usman/

Translation for second red-part:

(after the murder of Usman, Ali) said to his sons: “How Commander of Faithful was murdered when you were (protecting him) on (his) door?” He slapped Hasan, beaten Husayn on his chest, abused Muhammad ibn Talha and cursed Abdullah ibn Zubair. Talha said to him: Don’t beat o Abul Hasan, don’t abuse and don’t curse. If he would give them Marwan, he wouldn’t be killed”.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 04:06:40 AM »
The role of Ahlebayt in defending Uthman(ra) from the rebellions(a sign of love and care):

1. Shia book states: It also seems clear that even during these last tumultuous days Ali continued to play his conciliatory and mediatory role. He many times did succeed in dispersing the unruly mob that wanted to hurt the Caliph, and during the siege he appointed his sons Hasan and Husayn to stand at the house of ‘Uthman and protect him from the angry crowd. They were, however, jostled and pushed aside by the mob, and the Caliph was killed. Hearing the news, Ali was the first to reach the scene and was so furious at what had transpired that he slapped the face of Husayn and hit Hasan for failing to save the life of the Caliph. [(Origins and development of Shiaism by SHIA SCHOLAR S.H.M Jaffri. chapter 4: The Re-emergence of the ‘Alid Party) ; (Baladhurl, V, pp.62 if., 69); (Tabarl, I, pp. 2988 ); (Mas’udi, Muruj, II, p.232); (‘Iqd, IV, p.290)]

2. Shia book states:
( أيها الناس! إن الذي تفعلون لا يشبه أمر المؤمنين ولا أمر الكافرين، إن فارس والروم لتؤسر فتطعم فتسقي، فوالله لا تقطعوا الماء عن الرجل، وبعث إليه بثلاث قرب مملوءة ماء مع فتية من بني هاشم ) .

[“ناسخ التواريخ” ج2 ص531، ومثله في “أنساب الأشراف”، للبلاذري ج5 ص69].

When the rebels seized Uthman(ra) from even drinking water, Ali(ra) addressed them saying: O people! The thing you are doing neither the muslims did nor the disbelievers, even the Iranis and Romans when arrest someone they allow them to eat and drink. For the sake of Allah don’t stop this man from drinking water. Then Ali(ra) sent water through a woman from bani hashim to Uthman(ra). (Nasikh al tawareekh, vol 2, page 531) similar report is even mentioned in Ansaab Al asraaf, vol 5, pg 69)

3. Al-Masoudi, the Shia historian, narrates in his book Murooj Al-Thahab, “When Ali was told that they [the rebels] wanted to kill him [Uthman], he sent his two sons Al-Hasan and Al-Hussain along with his slaves with weapons to Uthman to support him. Ali ordered them to defend Uthman. Al-Zubair sent his son Abdullah, Talha sent his son Muhamed, and the vast majority of the Companions’ sons were sent by their fathers. They prevented the rebels from entering the house.” [Murooj Al-Thahab, vol.2, p.344]

Taken from: https://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/part-7-nature-of-relationship-between-ahlebaytra-and-usmanra/

Ameen

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
I will comment on your posts after I finsih work. Very interesting though.