TwelverShia.net Forum

Imam Zain al-‘Abideen: A concise biography

Moin

Imam Zain al-‘Abideen: A concise biography
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
All praises due to Allah and May His peace and blessings be upon the Last and Final Messenger Muhammad and upon his family and companions.

This concise biography on Imam Zain al-‘Abideen is compiled with the intention to give clear picture of him according to authentic sunni sources unlike shi’a authors who generally do not care about authenticity and rather judge a narration based on their own preconceived beliefs. This short biography will make it clear that ‘Ali bin Husain was never a claimant of Imamate as per the concept propounded by Shi’ites.

The source for this compilation is Siyar A’alam an-Nubala of Dhahabi but mostly I have traced the original source and added other beneficial points which are not in Siyar. Herein I have only mentioned those reports which are authentically proven and if there is any considerable defect in Isnad then I have pointed it out.

https://alsonnah.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/imam-zain-al-abideen-a-concise-biography/

Hani

Re: Imam Zain al-‘Abideen: A concise biography
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
All praises due to Allah and May His peace and blessings be upon the Last and Final Messenger Muhammad and upon his family and companions.

I will definitely read it! It's good to have brothers who are actually capable to doing respectable academic work like yourself Mawlana.

This brother also did some good work quoting Shi`ee books to reveal some facts about Zayn al-`Abideen (rah):
http://www.dd-sunnah.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168803
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:22:00 PM by Hani »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
Would you like me to correct any grammatical mistakes I find? Fix some fonts, convert to PDF and send it back to you?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Husayn

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:13:29 AM »
عُبَيْدُكَ بِفِنَائِكَ، مِسْكِيْنُكَ بِفِنَائِكَ، سَائِلُكَ بِفِنَائِكَ، فَقِيْرُكَ بِفِنَائِكَ

I love this du'a - I remember the Sheikh used to always say it, I've always wondered where it was from.
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 01:12:52 AM »
salam and salah on our master Imam Zayn Al-'Abidin. May Allah reward you brother Moin for compiling a biography of this giant from amongst the Salaf whom the Rafidah wrongly ascribe to themselves.
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 01:22:53 AM »
جزاک الله خیر اخی
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Moin

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »
Would you like me to correct any grammatical mistakes I find? Fix some fonts, convert to PDF and send it back to you?
Do that brother.. May Allah reward you. But i don't see benefit in converting it into pdf. Word is good for those who want to use the content. But still its up to you.

Hani

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:22:26 PM »
Salam,

I finished my revision, fixed quite a couple of words, so it's better to upload this file I attached for you quickly.

Moin

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Salam,

I finished my revision, fixed quite a couple of words, so it's better to upload this file I attached for you quickly.

done