TwelverShia.net Forum

Love/Relation with Ahlebait will help and benefit only if you obey ALLAH.

fgss

Assalam O Alaikum, Wa rehmatullah, Wa Barakatuhu,

Love, respect and care of Ahlebait is part of our belief as it is mentioned in several authentic ahadith, specially in hadith of Ghadir e Khum. But what is the LITMUS TEST for this? What is the major sign of true lover of Ahlebait?

Following narration will explain this. IN SHA ALLAH.

Book: Uyun Akhbar Reza a.s, Author: Shaikh Sadooq, Chapter 58: (Total 11 narrations)
Source: https://www.al-islam.org/uyun-akhbar-ar-ridha-volume-2-shaykh-saduq/chapter-58-what-ar-ridha-told-his-brother-zayd-ibn-musa

Narration #1 (For more refer the book)

1 - حَدَّثَنا مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أحْمَد السَنانِي قالَ حَدَّثَنا مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَبي عَبْدِ اللَّه الكُوفِي قالَ حَدَّثَنا الفَيْضُ صالِح بْنِ أحْمَد قالَ حَدَّثَنا سَهْلِ بْنِ زِياد قالَ حَدَّثَنا صالِح بْنِ أَبي حَمَّادٍ قالَ حَدَّثَنا الحَسَن بْنِ مُوسَى بْنِ عَلِى الوَشَّاء البَغدْادي قالَ كُنْتُ بِخُرَاسَانَ مَعَ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُوسَى الرِّضَا عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ فِي مَجْلِسِهِ وَزَيْدُ بْنُ مُوسَى حَاضِرٌ قَدْ أَقْبَلَ عَلَى جَمَاعَةٍ فِي الَْمجْلِسِ يَفْتَخِرُ عَلَيْهِمْ وَيَقُولُ نَحْنُ وَنَحْنُ وَأَبُو الْحَسَنِ‏ عَلَيْـهِ السَّـلامُ مُقْبِـلٌ عَـلَى قَـوْمٍ يُحَدِّثُهُمْ فَسَمِعَ مَقَالَةَ زَيْدٍ فَالْتَفَتَ إِلَيْهِ فَقَالَ يَا زَيْدُ أَغَرَّكَ قَوْلُ نَاقِلِي الْكُوفَةِ إِنَّ فَاطِمَةَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَحَرَّمَ اللَّهُ ذُرِّيَّتَهَا عَلَى النَّارِ فَوَاللَّهِ مَا ذَلِكَ إِلا لِلْحَسَنِ وَالْحُسَيْنِ وَوُلْدِ بَطْنِهَا خَاصَّةً وَأَمَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ مُوسَى بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ يُطِيعُ اللَّهَ وَيَصُومُ نَهَارَهُ وَيَقُومُ لَيْلَهُ وَتَعْصِيهِ أَنْتَ ثُمَّ تَجِيئَانِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ سَوَاءً لانْتَ أَعَزُّ عَلَى اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ مِنْهُ إِنَّ عَلِيَّ بْنَ الْحُسَيْنِ كَانَ يَقُولُ لُِمحْسِنِنَا كِفْلانِ مِنَ الأَجْرِ وَلِمُسِيئِنَا ضِعْفَانِ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ قَالَ الْحَسَنُ الْوَشَّاءُ ثُمَّ الْتَفَتَ إِلَيَّ فَقَالَ لِي يَا حَسَنُ كَيْفَ تَقْرَءُونَ هَذِهِ الآْيَةَ قالَ يا نُوحُ إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ مِنْ أَهْلِكَ إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صالِحٍ فَقُلْتُ مِنَ النَّاسِ مَنْ (إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صالِحٍ) ومِنْهُمْ من يقرأ إِنَّهُ عَمَلِ غَيْرِ صالِح فَمَنْ قرأ (إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صالِحٍ) فَقَدْ نفاه عَنْ أَبيهِ فَقالَ‏ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ كلا لَقَدْ كانَ اِبْنِهِ وَلكن لَمّا عصى اللَّه عَزَّ وَجَلَّ نفاه عَنْ أَبيهِ كَذا من كانَ مِنَّا لَمْ يطع اللَّه عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَلَيْسَ مِنَّا وَأَنْتَ إِذا أطعت اللَّه عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَأَنت مِنَّا أَهْل البِيْت.

58-1 Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Sinani narrated that Muhammad ibn Abi Abdullah al-Kufi quoted on the authority of Abul Faydh Salih ibn Ahmad, on the authority of Sahl ibn Ziyad, on the authority of Saleh ibn Abi Hammad, on the authority of Al-Hassan ibn Musa ibn al-Vosha’ al-Baghdadi, “I was with Ali ibn Musa Ar-Ridha’ (a.s.) in his meeting in Khorasan where Zayd ibn Musa (Imam Ar-Ridha’’s brother) was present and was haughty with those present saying that we (meaning the offspring of Imam Musa Al-Kazim (a.s.)) are such and such. Abul Hassan Ar-Ridha’ (a.s.) who was talking to others heard what Zayd had said. He (a.s.) faced him and said, ‘O Zayd! Have the words of the narrators from Kufa made you so proud when they say, ‘(The Blessed Lady) Fatima (a.s.) maintained her chastity, thus God has forbidden the Fire from touching her progeny.’ By God, this holds true only for Al-Hassan (a.s.), Al-Husayn (a.s.) and Fatima’s (a.s.) own especial offspring. However, if it were the case that your father Musa ibn Ja’far (a.s.) obeyed God, fasted in the daytime and worshipped God at night, but you disobey God and claim to be equal with him (Musa ibn Ja’far (a.s.)) in the Hereafter on the Resurrection Day, this would imply that you are dearer than him (Musa ibn Ja’far (a.s.)) in the sight of God. In fact, Ali ibn Al-Husayn (a.s.) said, ‘There are double rewards for the good-doers from amongst us, and there are double chastisements for the evil-doers from amongst us.’’”

Al-Hassan al-Washsha’ added, “Then the Imam (a.s.) turned to us and said, ‘O Hassan! How do you recite the following verse?, ‘He said, ‘O Noah! He is not of thy family: For his conduct is unrighteous.’’ I (Al-Hassan al-Washsha’) answered, ‘Some people read it in such a way as to mean ‘his conduct is unrighteous’ while others read it in such a manner as to mean ‘he has done ill’. Indeed those who read it in the first form are implying that he is not really of the family of Noah and consider someone else to be his father.’ The Imam (a.s.) said, ‘No. Indeed he was truly Noah’s son. However, since he disobeyed God the Honorable the Exalted, God separated him from his father. This is exactly the same situation that holds true for us (the Members of the Holy Household of the Prophet Muhammad (S)). Whichever one of us does not obey God the Honorable the Exalted does not belong to us. O Hassan! If you obey God the Honorable the Exalted, then you are one of us - the Members of the Holy Household.’”

Some important facts from above narration.

1. They were mainly people of Kufa who twisted, changed and fabricated narrations on the name of Ahlebait.
2. Fire is forbidden only for Fatima's s.a own offspring i.e Hassan a.s and Hussain a.s, while all others from
progeny of both Hassan a.s and Hussain a.s have to earn it through obedience to ALLAH.
3. There is double reward for members of Ahlebait if they do good, and double punishment if they commit anything wrong.
4. Love or relation with Ahlebait helps/benefits only when there is obedience to ALLAH.
5. Anyone from offspring of Hassan a.s and Hussain a.s if obey ALLAH, he/she will be part of Ahlebait, otherwise not.
6. Similarly, if anyone from amongst the ummah/believers obeys ALLAH, then he/she is also a part of Ahlebait.

ALHAMDULILAH.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:13:58 PM by Fahad Sani »
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

fgss

Abu Huraira said:

The Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) said: There is for every apostle a prayer which is granted, but every prophet showed haste in his prayer. I have, however, reserved my prayer for the intercession of my Ummah on the Day of Resurrection, and it would be granted, if Allah so willed, in case of everyone amongst my Ummah provided he dies without associating anything with Allah.

http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/1/399
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلاَلَةٌ وَكُلَّ ضَلاَلَةٍ فِي النَّارِ

May Allah guide us to the true teachings of Quran and Sunnah of His beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w). Ameen

fgss

Call Allah alone in times of distress, worries and hardships and do not be like polytheists.

فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

So invoke Allah , [being] sincere to Him in religion, although the disbelievers dislike it.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:34:36 AM by Fahad Sani »

Noor-us-Sunnah

Ali ibn Al-Husayn (a.s.) said, ‘There are double rewards for the good-doers from amongst us, and there are double chastisements for the evil-doers from amongst us.’’”

[/b]
Some important facts from above narration.

3. There is double reward for members of Ahlebait if they do good, and double punishment if they commit anything wrong.

It is true! Quran says:
O wives of the Prophet, whoever of you should commit a clear immorality - for her the punishment would be doubled two fold, and ever is that, for Allah , easy. And whoever of you devoutly obeys Allah and His Messenger and does righteousness - We will give  her reward twice; and We have prepared for her a noble provision. (33: 30-31)

fgss

One more narration from the above mentioned book.

58-5 Tamim ibn Abdullah ibn Tamim al-Qurashi - may God be pleased with him - narrated that Abu Ali Ahmad ibn Ali Al-Ansari quoted on the authority of Abi Salt al-Harawi that he had heard Ar-Ridha’ (a.s.) quote on the authority of his father (a.s.) that Isma’il asked his father As-Sadiq (a.s.), ‘O father! What is your opinion about a sinner from our family or one not from our family?’ As-Sadiq (a.s.) replied, ‘Neither your desires, nor those of the People of the Book (can prevail): whoever works evil, will be requited accordingly...’” [Quran 4:123]

Relation or love with Ahlebait will work in favor only when there is obedience to ALLAH. This is the Litmus Test for a true lover of Ahlebait.

fgss

Few examples of True lovers/followers of Ahlebait.

https://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/true-shiasupporters-of-alisra-were-neither-rafidi-nor-sabaee/

Be a shia/follower of Ahlebait like them
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:05:40 PM by Fahad Sani »

Optimus Prime

The Mother of the Believers are the most loved members of the Ahlul Bhayt for me.

ShiaMan

The Mother of the Believers are the most loved members of the Ahlul Bhayt for me.

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped hitn under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said:
Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying)
Sahih Muslim
Book 31, Hadith 5955

Noor-us-Sunnah

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped hitn under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said:
Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying)
Sahih Muslim
Book 31, Hadith 5955

https://youtu.be/OMEfR2ZdjZE

Optimus Prime

Exactly. ^

The fact that the wives of the Prophet (SAW) were regarded as Ahlul Bhayt by Allah to me would mean they have a higher status or than Ali's (RA) family as far as being Ahlul Bhayt is concerned. No doubt Fatima (RA) is superior to all women in this Ummah.

ShiaMan

Exactly. ^

The fact that the wives of the Prophet (SAW) were regarded as Ahlul Bhayt by Allah to me would mean they have a higher status or than Ali's (RA) family as far as being Ahlul Bhayt is concerned. No doubt Fatima (RA) is superior to all women in this Ummah.
So you know how the hadith and the ayah [Quran 33:33] "And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying."

The relationship of Ali to the Prophet is established from Ali's birth;
The relationship of Fatima to the Prophet is established from Fatima's birth;
The relationship of Hasan to the Prophet is established from Hasan's birth;
The relationship of Husain to the Prophet is established from Husain's birth;

However, the relationship of any of the wives with the Prophet only starts from the time they are married to him and may/may not end upon the death of the Prophet.

As such, AFHH enjoy a higher status than the wives. Correct?

Noor-us-Sunnah

Exactly. ^

So you know how the hadith and the ayah [Quran 33:33] "And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying."

However, the relationship of any of the wives with the Prophet only starts from the time they are married to him and may/may not end upon the death of the Prophet.

These silly argument are due to lack of knowledge about Quran, Hadeeth, and Arabic language. Verses of Quran, ahadeeth and Arabic language proves that a wife is part of man's family. No learned genius ever claimed that because a wife is not blood relative, she cannot be part of ahl(family) of a person.  Infact, in some cases wife alone is called ahl. So your argument and your logic is messed up due to lack of basic knowledge.

ShiaMan

Exactly. ^

These silly argument are due to lack of knowledge about Quran, Hadeeth, and Arabic language. Verses of Quran, ahadeeth and Arabic language proves that a wife is part of man's family. No learned genius ever claimed that because a wife is not blood relative, she cannot be part of ahl(family) of a person.  Infact, in some cases wife alone is called ahl. So your argument and your logic is messed up due to lack of basic knowledge.

Perhaps you need to re-read my comments. All I said was that Ali, Fatima, Hasan, Hussain were part of the Ahl by birth but the wives only become part of ahl after marriage. (Note I am not debating whether wives are part of ahl or ahl, I am saying let's assume they are). Surely this much we can agree upon?

Abu Muhammad

Perhaps you need to re-read my comments. All I said was that Ali, Fatima, Hasan, Hussain were part of the Ahl by birth but the wives only become part of ahl after marriage. (Note I am not debating whether wives are part of ahl or ahl, I am saying let's assume they are). Surely this much we can agree upon?

The relationship of Ali r.a.to the Prophet s.a.w. was established by birth??... LOL... :o

How do you prove that?

Noor-us-Sunnah

Exactly. ^

Children comes after a Man marries and has a wife. Without wife there are no children. So the wife is entitled as Ahl al-bayt before the children. As for Ali then he is blood relative of Prophet(saws), so was ibn Abbas, Aqeel, Jafar, etc. If you say he had his status due to marrying Fatima(ra), then you agree that the possibility of divorce is there in this relation.

ShiaMan

The relationship of Ali r.a.to the Prophet s.a.w. was established by birth??... LOL... :o

How do you prove that?
Simple history lesson - see attached.

ShiaMan

Children comes after a Man marries and has a wife. Without wife there are no children. So the wife is entitled as Ahl al-bayt before the children. As for Ali then he is blood relative of Prophet(saws), so was ibn Abbas, Aqeel, Jafar, etc. If you say he had his status due to marrying Fatima(ra), then you agree that the possibility of divorce is there in this relation.

Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and 'Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him:
Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as Khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.
Sahih Muslim
Book 44, Hadith 55
http://sunnah.com/muslim/44/55