TwelverShia.net Forum

Marriage of Hadhrat Umar with Umm e Kulthum

Hani

Re: Marriage of Hadhrat Umar with Umm e Kulthum
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 06:02:23 AM »
The book is 400+ pages, contains all authentic narrations, all weak narrations, all quotes by historians and genealogists. Too much to translate, I only quickly translated specific key words from authentic reports (for the most part) which clarify the truth of the matter and answer your questions.

The girl was unaware of being his wife because she's a kid, her father later explained to her. As for sending his daughter with her two brothers to be married as soon as Umar said "I accept", then you must know that these folks had really close ties and were tightly nit community of early Muslims. In other words, Ali was not sending his daughter to a stranger,  recall the words "Go and marry her off to your uncle."

What you understand from the narrations is correct. Ali knew for a fact Umar would most likely accept regardless of her age or beauty.

As for those of prophetic descent in our days, there's millions, mostly Sunni Arabs. Half my family are descendants if Musa bin Jafar and some of them are atheists, not to mention 5 Christian families from Hashemite descent in Lebanon. If you marry into them with the same intention of Umar you're rewarded, if however you're after status or worse in case of Shia (Khums) then you will get punished for a behavior of ignorance and plain racism.

Our conversations would be a lot quicker and better on WhatsApp bro, trust me :p
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

Re: Marriage of Hadhrat Umar with Umm e Kulthum
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 01:54:37 AM »
I was going through our website articles, I found this relevant narration here which I've previously mentioned. Umm KUlthoum bint `Ali going out of her way to defend `Abdullah bin `Umar:

أخبرنا أبو غالب وأبو عبد الله ابنا أبي علي قالا أنا محمد بن أحمد بن المسلمة أنا أبو طاهر المخلص نا أحمد بن سليمان نا الزبير بن بكار حدثني عمي مصعب بن عبد الله …وحدثني عمي مصعب بن عبد الله قال خرج عبد الله بن عمر بعد قتل عثمان إلى مكة ليلا فلما أصبح علي فقده فظنه خرج إلى الشام فنهض إلى سوق الظهر وقال علي بالإبل وأمر بجمعها ليرسل في طلبه فأرسلت إليه ابنته أم كلثوم لا تعن بطلبه فلم يخرج إلى الشام وإنما خرج إلى مكة وأنا عذيرتك منه فوقف عن طلبه

[… and my uncle Mus`ab ibn `Abdullah told  me: `Abdullah ibn `Umar went to Makkah after the death of `Uthman during the night, and when `Ali woke up he realized he was missing, and he thought that he had went and gone to al-Sham, so he went to the markets at noon and said: “Bring me the camels.” and he ordered that they be gathered so he can send them to bring him back, but then his daughter Umm Kulthoum(Wife of `Umar) sent to him that: You shall not succeed in bringing him as he did not head to al-Sham but he had left for Makkah, and I ask that you excuse him on my behalf.” so he stopped asking for him.]

http://www.twelvershia.org/2013/05/02/ali-ra-appointed-abdullah-ibn-umar-ra/
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear