Farid

Martyrdom of Al Hussain Source
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »
Where did you learn about it?

Abu Muhammad

Re: Martyrdom of Al Hussain Source
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »

From Yasir Qadhi's 2-hour-plus lecture...

Zahra

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »
Shia books.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:03:44 AM »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:04:57 AM »
Farid. :D

Zahra

Farid

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 04:31:30 AM »
It has been hours and Link hasn't posted: My source is the Qur'an.

Link

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 04:42:37 AM »
It has been hours and Link hasn't posted: My source is the Qur'an.

Plan A is in Quran. (If people obeyed, helped, etC).

Plan B is in Quran.

Plan C is in Quran.

God's plan when we help and when we don't is in Quran.  Each stage of the plan and what happens as a result is in the Quran.   

The witness sees all actions and re-asses through Quran what each believer is to do for God's plan and Satan plans but his plans are weak. The only reason Satan wins is that of sheer numbers of evil people and apathy of people who know the truth.

And it seems the way we are going about it, we will be replaced totally by another people and they will not be like us.
Love of the family of Yaseen is the light of the heavens and the earth.

Farid

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:01:09 AM »
Where did you learn about the martyrdom of Al Hussain from, buddy?

Link

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 05:21:25 AM »
Is Hussain and his path something that came to be?  What does it mean in Quran when it says to not follow paths other than Mohammad's? Is Mohammad's path something that came to be?

Or is it God's Name revealed to noble pure hearts, and then in various hues and levels to other humans?

The path talked about Quran means something. Example means something. The example doesn't mean exact details, it means a likeness, parable, giving a lesson, giving light, manifesting inward states. That is why Quran says regarding the light brought down to believed in with Mohammad "And from the people of Moses is a way that guides to the truth. And we split them in twelve branches, ways..." And says "Abraham was a way, obedient to God" and says "This is your path, one path".

If you want me to say I know this because "I found my parents on a path and am following in their footseps". This is not true.

It has nothing to do with that.

"All of them on it will perish, and remain on it the face of God" "By the name of God is it's sailing and anchoring" "And we took the covenant of the children of Israel and sent among them Messengers..." "And we took the covenant of the children of Israel and raise from them Twelve Captains..."

Imam Hussain is the path of God. The path of God has been one and the same thing.  If people go astray, they must return.

We all believe in the same event, what we differ about is the intention of Imam Hussain and his spirit and intention. The latter is what Quran contains in explicit detail.

What exactly happened, Yazeed, etc, all this is not necessary to know. There is an overall understanding and agreement he was martyred.

His intentions and reasons for rising however are in Quran. And that is where is martyrdom and his state of rising is found.

But to recite that spirit, one must seek refuge through God's Name in the true Master and King of humanity.

We cannot go throwing God behind our backs and worshiping our forefathers and their scholars, and following their tracks, and then say "this and that" is not in Quran.

Everything is in Quran, and particularly, Imam Hussain and his place in God's plan as what occured is alluded to with heavy themes pointing to it as something that was inevitable if the nation turns on their backs.

I don't know how much people he slew, etc. I don't know the exact words he stated. I don't.

I know however the over all spirit of why he rose, and will testify that is the path humanity must believe in. We can't be selfish and neglect the poor. We aren't to be apathetic while falsehood rules and Iblis forges fabrications.

We aren't to sit there in silence while God's book is distorted and monkeys take the high position of God's authority given to his Prophets.

Your foolishness is reaching new levels of obstinacy, Farid. Its time to stop embarrassing yourself.

Hani

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 05:31:01 AM »
Your foolishness is reaching new levels of obstinacy, Farid. Its time to stop embarrassing yourself.

Yet you're the only one being laughed at every time. How about you answer the question?
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Link

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:30 AM »

Yet you're the only one being laughed at every time. How about you answer the question?

I already answered it.

Farid

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »
He doesn't know ya Hani.

Link, there is no foolishness in spending tens of hours studying the tragedy at Karbala from both Sunni and Shia sources. I recommend you do the same.

Link

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 05:48:40 AM »
You have to make your point clear. If you want to say details, I don't know exactly what happened. I don't claim I know how exactly how he was killed. I don't know the discussions that occured of why he must be killed. I don't know the secret coucil Satan inspired the killers of Hussain with just as I don't know the exact words Satan and his friends inspired people to kill some of Prophets in Bani-Israel.

I will leave it with these words, which is really why the light of Hussain will remain no matter how much you guys emphasize on the conjecture system you call ilmel rijaal:

Following the example of another is nothing more than what has been bestowed upon the spirit at its origin, when the light of time was mixed with that of eternity. Following a model, however, does not consist of adopting the marks of outward actions and claiming descent from the awliya' of the faith from among the wise and the Imams. As Allah said,

يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ
The day when We will call every people by their Imam. (17:71)

that is, whoever follows someone with effacement is pure. And elsewhere,

فَإِذَا نُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَلَا أَنسَابَ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ وَلَا يَتَسَاءلُونَ
So when the trumpet is blown, there will be no ties of relationship between them on that day, nor shall they ask of each other. (23:101)

The Commander of the Faithful said, 'Souls are a drafted army. Those who know each other are intimate, and those who do not know each other differ from each other.' Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyah was asked who had taught him good manners, and he replied, 'My Lord taught me manners in myself. Whatever I find to be good in people of intelligence and insight I follow and use; whatever I find ugly in the ignorant I avoid and forsake forever. That has brought me to the path of knowledge. There is no sounder way for the astute believer than to follow the example of others, because it is the clearest path and soundest goal.' And Allah said to Muhammad, the greatest of His creation,

أُوْلَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَى اللّهُ فَبِهُدَاهُمُ اقْتَدِهْ
These are they whom Allah guided, therefore follow their guidance. (6:90)

Elsewhere He said,

ثُمَّ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ أَنِ اتَّبِعْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
Then We revealed to you: Follow the faith of Abraham, the upright one. (16:123)

If the faith of Allah had had a path straighter than following a model, He would have recommended it to His prophets and His supporters.

The Holy Prophet said, 'There is a light in the heart which is illuminated only by following the truth and intending towards the right path. It is a part of the light of the prophets which has been entrusted in the hearts of the believers.'

Farid

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 05:58:54 AM »
If you want to say details, I don't know exactly what happened. I don't claim I know how exactly how he was killed.

The information is available. You should look it up.

The early Shia version is in agreement with the Sunni version in some aspects. The modern Shia version is very different. It will be an enjoyable exercise for you.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »
Farid's mind is the ultimate secondary source to learn Karbala!:P

demmzy15

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 01:35:11 AM »
From a site "discoveringislam.org", in fact my first experience about Shiism was from the site.