TwelverShia.net Forum

Qualities of Uthman (RA)

Furkan

Re: Qualities of Uthman (RA)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 05:00:21 AM »
I would even give a third daughter ;)
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Hadrami

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 06:59:55 AM »

only if you know that hes really really good right? Ameen is unsure if Uthman RA was a good guy or not.

I guess when his first imam marry his daughter to Umar RA, he was also unsure :)

Furkan

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 01:01:39 PM »
Ameen, you see the truth already In sha Allah
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 04:38:02 PM »

only if you know that hes really really good right? Ameen is unsure if Uthman RA was a good guy or not.

I guess when his first imam marry his daughter to Umar RA, he was also unsure :)

Good one.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 04:38:10 PM »
Ameen, you see the truth already In sha Allah

Ameen, lol.

Ameen

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »
Bro, you have a straightforward answer. Second daughter??? No I will not even marry my first daughter, to a good man as such. Why??? Because there are better men available. Either accept that Usman was better and more worthy than the Shaikhain or put a question mark on the Prophet (pbuh). The Shaikhain asked Fatimah's hand in marriage, why were they turned down???

Ameen

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 12:44:02 AM »
How many daughters did the Prophet (pbuh) have??? 4. The Shaikhain never ever had the privilige to be married to even one of the Prophet's (pbuh) daughters. Why??? Were they not good enough??? They were more better and worthy than Usman. More superior than him, so why were the turned down every time they put a request forward to be married??? Either admit that Usman was superior, more better and worthy or you have double standards.

Hani

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:08 AM »
Because they were already connected to the Prophet (saw) through their own daughters.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 01:21:29 AM »
Because they were already connected to the Prophet (saw) through their own daughters.

Exactly, but he believes it's not a reflection of the virtue of the father of bride.

Ameen

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:14 AM »
So when Usman married the Prophet's (pbuh) first daughter were the Shaikhain already connected to the Prophet (pbuh) through their daughters???

So how does superiority work here, the Shaikhain were more superior than Usman and Ali because their daughters were married to the Prophet (pbuh)??

So being married to the Prophet's (pbuh) daughter, does this make you superior or having your daughter married to the Prophet (pbuh)????

Optimus Prime

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 01:35:31 AM »
Bro, you have a straightforward answer. Second daughter??? No I will not even marry my first daughter, to a good man as such. Why??? Because there are better men available. Either accept that Usman was better and more worthy than the Shaikhain or put a question mark on the Prophet (pbuh). The Shaikhain asked Fatimah's hand in marriage, why were they turned down???

The FACT is the Prophet (SAW) did marry two of his daughters to Uthman (RA) whether you like/admit or not. It happened. This in itself shows the quality of the man, but since you're a hardcore Rafidhi at heart you'll never come out and acknowledge that. First, I thought you mis-understood, but you're just being goofy because you're stumped for words.

You're spineless. Let me answer it for you.

"Yes, of course I'd certainly consider marrying my second daughter to same man my late daughter married because he was everything a lady would want in a man."

How difficult was that? If you don't believe in the narration then just come out and admit it instead of playing games.

I think Ameen is mentally disturbed since he's unable to grasp the following statements:

- NO one in this thread said because Uthman's (RA)marriage to two daughters did it make him superior to Ali (RA) - if we have then show us, quote the page number or link it
- Abu Bakr and Umar (RA) were turned down because Prophet (SAW) had already had his set sights on Ali (RA) for the three reasons:

a) He was more in her age-range
b) It was the Prophet's (SAW) way returning the favour to Abu Talib who cared for him (SAW) when he lost his grandfather, and was growing up and played a role in his marriage to Khadijah (RA), so not only did he help raise Ali (RA), but made sure he had a future too
c) All the other companions were already married or had more than one wife, Fatima (RA) as we know like her father (SAW) originally did not want to share a man, something Ali (RA) overlooked when he proposed to the wife of Abu Jahal

Abu Bakr (RA) was 53 at the time of their wedding, and Umar was 43. This is the reasons our seerah scholars, and it makes perfect sense. Again, I am repeating myself here, Islam does encourage or nor does it forbid us frome exploring compatability traits whether that'd be height, same culture, age-cap, race etc.

Understand?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:41:16 AM by Imam Ali »

Optimus Prime

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 01:36:01 AM »
So when Usman married the Prophet's (pbuh) first daughter were the Shaikhain already connected to the Prophet (pbuh) through their daughters???

So how does superiority work here, the Shaikhain were more superior than Usman and Ali because their daughters were married to the Prophet (pbuh)??

So being married to the Prophet's (pbuh) daughter, does this make you superior or having your daughter married to the Prophet (pbuh)????

No, the Prophet (SAW) was still married to Khadijah at the time when Raqiyyah (RA) was wedded to Uthman (RA). Their marriage was in Makkah, before the hijrah. She (RA) passed away when everyone returned from the Battle of Badr.

See my earlier post to address your remaining points again.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:41:32 AM by Imam Ali »

Hadrami

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:21 AM »
such a simple question and yet for shia, its sooooo hard. I feel so sorry for your daughter Ameen, because you will marry your daughter even if you dont know a guy is good or not.

But hey, your first imam married his daughter to a guy who abused his wife right?

Thats what will happen to someone's brain if they believe in shitism

Furkan

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 02:55:03 AM »
edited
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:00:24 AM by Furkan »

“last words?”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 02:57:39 AM »
Ameen will give his daughter away for mutah even, since it's a sunnah of the twelvth imam.

Brother, I'd edit this post because I think a comment like this is uncalled for. It's getting personal a lil'.

Furkan

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 03:00:38 AM »
done

“last words?”

Hani

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »

Doesn't matter which way, the Prophet (saw) obviously married the two girls to establish a connection with their fathers, it wasn't random.

When `Uthman's first wife died, he (saw) gave him her sister so that the connection may remain established.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Ameen

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
Gentlemen you need to calm down. You're getting personal and too carried away. This is not the sign of intelligent people.

I expect better from you and I know that you can deliver better. This is not about me being disturbed or rejecting anything.

It's not about virtues or merits. There was a post on a thread where it was said that Ali knew Usman was superior than him, above him. Why? Because he was married to two of the Prophet's (pbuh) daughters.

This is the statement I challenged. First of all superiority by such means only comes when the situation is the same, when the circumstances are equal.

Usman's first wife dies and the opportunity for him to marry to another daughter was available. But this opportunity was not available and present for Ali.

So there is no comparison here on such a basis. If such an opportunity was available and the circumstances did exist the, Ali was passed or overlooked the, one can consider this as a virtue and merit of Usman on the basis of superiority.

Otherwise you are just talking in the wind. You are trying to show connections and prove them as somekind of merit leading to superiority.

The Prophet (pbuh) married for various reasons and one of those reasons was to try and build a stable or make matters better with certain individuals because things weren't right and did go according to plan.Not because certain individuals were great and extraordinary.

Otherwise Abu Sufyan falls in to the same category as the Shaikhain and we all knew Abu Sufyan's stance and behaviour towards the Messenger (pbuh), Islam and the Muslims.

As for you question once again, why would the Prophet (pbuh) give his daughter to a good man like Usman when even better and greater individuals (Shaikhain) were available?

The Shaikhain did put a request forward for every daughter of the Prophet (pbuh) but were unfortunately turned down??? Why???

The excuse for the last daughter (Fatimah) is there (because they were already connected to the Prophet (pbuh)). But what about the request for the first three daughters???

Why were the Shaikhain overlooked each and every time????

All you gentlemen do is look for excuse rather than accepting or at least talking about reality and facts.

As far as Umar being married to Ali's daughter, I do not believe in this but I am not arrogant and stubborn as some that I don't leave room open and present for discussion.

Tell me when did Ali marry his daughter to Umar??? When did this marriage take place??? What were the exact ages of both Umar and Ali's daughter??? Who read the Nikkah?? And where did this marriage take place???

Ameen

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »
Gentlemen just a few typing errors. Typing from my phone.

If the opportunity was available and the circumstances were present for Ali to marry another daughter of the Prophet (pbuh) after the death of Fatimah and Ali was overlooked, he was passed, only then one can use this virtue of Usman as a merit towards superiority and being above Ali.

As we all know this wasn't the case. Also the Prophet (pbuh) married certain women for the reason to establish better relations with their fathers, families and relations because things were not stable and had not gone according to plan.

This is why the Prophet (pbuh) married certain women to better relations and ease the bitternes, hatred, hesitation and or tensions that existed.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Gentlemen you need to calm down. You're getting personal and too carried away. This is not the sign of intelligent people.

I expect better from you and I know that you can deliver better. This is not about me being disturbed or rejecting anything.

It's not about virtues or merits. There was a post on a thread where it was said that Ali knew Usman was superior than him, above him. Why? Because he was married to two of the Prophet's (pbuh) daughters.

This is the statement I challenged. First of all superiority by such means only comes when the situation is the same, when the circumstances are equal.

Usman's first wife dies and the opportunity for him to marry to another daughter was available. But this opportunity was not available and present for Ali.

So there is no comparison here on such a basis. If such an opportunity was available and the circumstances did exist the, Ali was passed or overlooked the, one can consider this as a virtue and merit of Usman on the basis of superiority.

Otherwise you are just talking in the wind. You are trying to show connections and prove them as somekind of merit leading to superiority.

The Prophet (pbuh) married for various reasons and one of those reasons was to try and build a stable or make matters better with certain individuals because things weren't right and did go according to plan.Not because certain individuals were great and extraordinary.

Otherwise Abu Sufyan falls in to the same category as the Shaikhain and we all knew Abu Sufyan's stance and behaviour towards the Messenger (pbuh), Islam and the Muslims.

As for you question once again, why would the Prophet (pbuh) give his daughter to a good man like Usman when even better and greater individuals (Shaikhain) were available?

The Shaikhain did put a request forward for every daughter of the Prophet (pbuh) but were unfortunately turned down??? Why???

The excuse for the last daughter (Fatimah) is there (because they were already connected to the Prophet (pbuh)). But what about the request for the first three daughters???

Why were the Shaikhain overlooked each and every time????

All you gentlemen do is look for excuse rather than accepting or at least talking about reality and facts.

As far as Umar being married to Ali's daughter, I do not believe in this but I am not arrogant and stubborn as some that I don't leave room open and present for discussion.

Tell me when did Ali marry his daughter to Umar??? When did this marriage take place??? What were the exact ages of both Umar and Ali's daughter??? Who read the Nikkah?? And where did this marriage take place???

Ameen, you seriously are a lost cause.

Let me repeat myself for the FINAL time since you're too damn lazy to browsw the thread yourself. NO one said in this thread that Uthman's (RA) marriage to two daughters by default makes him higher in rank than Ali (RA). If someone has then SHOW us WHO made this statement? WhICH, page number in this thread? WHAT is the post number? Help us to filter and narrow the search so can we help put your feeble mind at rest.

You KEEP asking the same QUESTION, but fail miserably to read that no one said or meant to have said: "Uthman's (RA) marriage to the two daughters makes him superior". The fact we're questionning this should raise some alerts in your mind that these people clearly don't believe this, but, NO. You're just arguing for the sake of it aren't you?

Hello, the opportunity to marry Umm Khulthum (RA) wasn't presented to Ali (RA) because:

- He was ALREADY married
- Fatima (RA) did not want to life a polygamous lifestyle as per the narrartion that upset her thanks to Ali (RA) beign forgetful, and resulted in the Prophet (SAW) making that infamous statement "Fatima is apart of me, who upsets her upsets me, who upsets me upsets Allah" - the funny and ironic thing is you use this against ABu Bakr (RA) because of the Fadak squabble, not realisng it was Ali (RA) that brought it on, but that's another topic isn't it ;)

Seriously, your knowledge of the Prophet's (SAW) family is weak and dormant.

Agreed to a certain extent that every women the Prophet (SAW) married doesn't mean their respective tribes or family are of great stature, but this is an exception for Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA) as they are the GREATEST duo for a list of reasons that will make your head hurt. Having said that it doesn't mean the women themselves were not of great valor, Allah (SWT) would never choose a wife for the Prophet (SAW) except the most pious and virtue which, doesn't mean they have to infallible, Yes, I can deduce thought evil thoughts in your head right about now about throwing the verse 33:36 in the mix. Don't even think about it because we're cornerning you and your only escape to avoid further embarrassement is the need to jump topics. Carry out some research on some of these great women, and you'll learn why, Insh'Allah. The fact all of them are divinely titled as "Mother of the Believers" confirms they are higher in rank than YOUR mom and MY mom at the very least. :D

Give me a break, seriously. Go read my previous posts.

Do a seperate thread regarding Umar's (RA) marriage to Umm Khulthum bint Ali (RA), and we'll be more than happy to confirm how it's confirmed even in your OWN sources. Of course you won't believe because your internal system can't swallow such a reality that the companions and Ahlul Bhait lived harmoniously for much of the time.