TwelverShia.net Forum

Scholar Educates Shias

muslim720

Scholar Educates Shias
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:14 AM »
Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu,
Regarding this video.....you know what?  Instead of writing a post before sharing the link, I will let you guys watch the video.

"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

Rationalist

Re: Scholar Educates Shias
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:49:35 AM »
He is giving Nasibi opinions.

muslim720

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:31:03 PM »

That is why I posted the video without giving my opinion.  Many of the things he said regarding Imams Ali, Hassan and Hussain [may Allah be pleased with them] made me cringe but he said similar things regarding Abu Bakr and Umar [may Allah be pleased with them].  Leaving the Nasibi opinions out, I admire him for shutting multiple people up all by himself.
"Our coward ran from those in authority" - Iceman (admitting the truth regarding his 12th Imam)

Farid

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »

I am not sure what is meant by this. A Nasibi is one who hates Ali and his children. The man said that they are the leaders of the youth of paradise.

How can he be a Nasibi?

Even his statement that Al Hussain was wrong. It is not Nasb to say this. Perhaps you can share your definition of Nasb.

Hani

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:25:56 PM »
I've seen this in Arabic before it was subbed. I'm not a great fan of the man's opinions but I do enjoy watching some of his clips and I agree with some points.

His opinion in this regard is valid. Definitely not Nasb.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »

I am not sure what is meant by this. A Nasibi is one who hates Ali and his children. The man said that they are the leaders of the youth of paradise.

How can he be a Nasibi?

Even his statement that Al Hussain was wrong. It is not Nasb to say this. Perhaps you can share your definition of Nasb.

Yazid was a tyrant, and he is saying it was wrong to fight against him or show him anger?

Rationalist

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:29:57 PM »

His opinion in this regard is valid. Definitely not Nasb.
There is a difference between ibn Abbas advising Al Hussain not to go verses saying he was wrong.

Farid

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:16:33 AM »
@ Rationalist:

The man never commented on Yazid or his actions. He simply said that Husain was wrong in going against Yazid. This is not Nasb.

Would you mind defining Nasb?

Also, what is the proof that Yazid was a tyrant at that time? From what I know, he became known as a tyrant after these events.

Rationalist

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 03:25:46 AM »
@ Rationalist:

The man never commented on Yazid or his actions. He simply said that Husain was wrong in going against Yazid. This is not Nasb.

Would you mind defining Nasb?
Someone who is implicitly against the Ahlul Bayt not explicitly.

Also, what is the proof that Yazid was a tyrant at that time? From what I know, he became known as a tyrant after these events.
Yah, that how these rulers were. You would have to stand up against them, and in revenge they go so far that they even put Shaitaan to shame.

Farid

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 04:35:55 AM »
Your definition is incorrect. Nawasib were always known as those that clear about their hatred of Ali. They would curse him and his children.

There are books of sects that scholars have produced. If you can provide me a quote that says that anyone that holds the view that Al Hussain's actions were incorrect is a Nasibi, then I will accept your view as a valid one.

So... you don't have proof of Yazid's tyranny pre-Karbala?

Optimus Prime

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 05:53:41 AM »
Asalamualaikum.

Very interesting watch.

Can anyone share the Hadith where he said Hassan (RA) and Hussain's (RA) names were Hamza, and Jafar? He mentioned it's an authentic narration.

Also the Hadith where said that the Prophet (SAW) singled out that even Ibrahim (AS) will be in need of his intercession?

This is really reflects the virtue of Ibrahim (AS).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:56:16 AM by Imam Ali »

Farid

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 06:08:30 AM »
^ Never heard of either of them until today.

Rationalist

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
Your definition is incorrect. Nawasib were always known as those that clear about their hatred of Ali. They would curse him and his children.
So in your view Muawiyah never cursed Ali?

There are books of sects that scholars have produced. If you can provide me a quote that says that anyone that holds the view that Al Hussain's actions were incorrect is a Nasibi, then I will accept your view as a valid one.
The Ahle Sunnah books do not have an ijma against Yazid. That is a reality. 

Do you reject the narration where the Prophet (pbuh) says Hussain is from and I am from him?

So... you don't have proof of Yazid's tyranny pre-Karbala?
The people of Iraq were complaining about Yazid's tyranny. So he started oppressing them first.

Farid

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
Saying that Muawiyah cursed Ali is an understatement. We all know that they went to war. Regardless, if you wanted to hold the view that Muawiyah was a Nasibi, you would at least have some sort of evidence to back you up, as opposed to what you originally implied in your first post about the shaikh in the video.

Other points will have to be discussed in another topic or via PM. I don't want to derail the discussion.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 06:21:33 PM »

Wow, really?

It'd be great if they can be located.

muslim720

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:44 PM »
We must also recognize that much of what he said was a comparison of how Imam Hassan [ra] reacted to Muawiyah [ra] versus how Imam Hussain [ra] approached Yazid's leadership.  If I am not mistaken, he was asking the Shias to pick one: staying silent to maintain order even if it means giving up on your "Divinely Ordained right" or revolting against the "leader" in order to preserve what is "Divinely Ordained" for you.

That question stuns the Shias.  We must ask them on what basis did Imam Hassan [ra] given the Caliphate to Muawiyah [ra]?  Was it due to his "infallibility" or independent (personal) reasoning?  If it was the former, then it was not an error and therefore, Imam Hassan [ra] was not Divinely Ordained for Imamat.  And if it was the latter, then it shows that Imam Hassan [ra] erred and that shatters the Shia claim of his "infallibility".

Optimus Prime

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 10:24:07 PM »

Found one of the references.

The Holy Prophet the Intercessor of the Sinners (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) said,

“Allah the Supreme granted me three prayers, so I have twice prayed that

اللهم اغفر لامّتي اللهم اغفر لامتي

‘O Allah, forgive my Ummah! O Allah forgive my Ummah!’

واخّرت الثالثة ليوم يرغب الیّ فيه الخلق حتى ابراهيم

And I have reserved the last one for the day when the entire creation will approach me with their needs, even Prophet Ibrahim!” [Sahih Muslim from Hadrat Ubai ibn Ka’ab]

Ref:
Sahih Muslim, Vol 1, Page 273
Musnad Ahmad, Vol 5, Page 127