TwelverShia.net Forum

Shia Zulfiqar - A two-edged Persian Majoosi dagger

Hani

Re: Shia Zulfiqar - A two-edged Persian Majoosi dagger
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »
Based on my quick research in history books:

The sword (Zulfiqar) was acquired by the Prophet (saw), it was his possession and he kept it during the entirety of his life according to all known reports. After he (saw) passed away, reports mention the sword being in `Ali's possession, this was pointed out to Abu Bakr in the authentic narration, he replied: "I found it in `Ali's hand, I do not desire to take it from him." At this, we do not know whether the Prophet (saw) gifted it to `Ali or whether `Ali just took it as memorabilia the same way other family members kept certain items as is known. I did not come across any reports regarding this sword from that point until the time of Ja`far bin Muhammad who said in an authentic narration that this weapon was in the possession of Banu al-`Abbas at the time. Today, this sword is in the treasury of the Ottoman Caliphate and I saw it in Istanbul.

(PS. it looks nothing like the Persian drawings that clearly represent abu Lu'lu'ah's dagger)
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hani

Re: Shia Zulfiqar - A two-edged Persian Majoosi dagger
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »

In anyway, dhul fiqar was originally the sword of the Prophet (saww), then it was a gift to Imam Ali (as). And the Imams (as) inherited it.

Here's the thing, I stumbled upon an authentic narration from al-Sadiq in an early historical source saying it was already with banu al-`Abbas in his time. This conflicts with the Imami story about "the weapon" and a bunch of other sacred relics and secret divine books being transmitted from Imam to Imam.

I also deleted a few posts by you and Hadrami, please keep it civilized bros. I don't have the same free time I used to for moderation.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear