Statements of Ali and Ibn Abass to Umar bin khatab during his final moments

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Words of Ali bin abi Talib (ra):

حَدَّثَنِي الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ صَالِحٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ سَعِيدِ بْنِ أَبِي الْحُسَيْنِ الْمَكِّيُّ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ إِنِّي لَوَاقِفٌ فِي قَوْمٍ، فَدَعَوُا اللَّهَ لِعُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ وَقَدْ وُضِعَ عَلَى سَرِيرِهِ، إِذَا رَجُلٌ مِنْ خَلْفِي قَدْ وَضَعَ مِرْفَقَهُ عَلَى مَنْكِبِي، يَقُولُ رَحِمَكَ اللَّهُ، إِنْ كُنْتُ لأَرْجُو أَنْ يَجْعَلَكَ اللَّهُ مَعَ صَاحِبَيْكَ، لأَنِّي كَثِيرًا مِمَّا كُنْتُ أَسْمَعُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ كُنْتُ وَأَبُو بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرُ، وَفَعَلْتُ وَأَبُو بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرُ، وَانْطَلَقْتُ وَأَبُو بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرُ‏.‏ فَإِنْ كُنْتُ لأَرْجُو أَنْ يَجْعَلَكَ اللَّهُ مَعَهُمَا‏.‏ فَالْتَفَتُّ فَإِذَا هُوَ عَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي طَالِبٍ‏.‏

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for `Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said, "(O `Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, "I, Abu Bakr and `Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and `Umar did (something). I, Abu Bakr and `Umar set out.' So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them." I turned back to see that the speaker was `Ali bin Abi Talib.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3677

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/62/27

Statement of Ibn Abbas (ra):

حَدَّثَنَا الصَّلْتُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَيُّوبُ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ الْمِسْوَرِ بْنِ مَخْرَمَةَ، قَالَ لَمَّا طُعِنَ عُمَرُ جَعَلَ يَأْلَمُ، فَقَالَ لَهُ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ ـ وَكَأَنَّهُ يُجَزِّعُهُ ـ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ، وَلَئِنْ كَانَ ذَاكَ لَقَدْ صَحِبْتَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَحْسَنْتَ صُحْبَتَهُ، ثُمَّ فَارَقْتَهُ وَهْوَ عَنْكَ رَاضٍ، ثُمَّ صَحِبْتَ أَبَا بَكْرٍ فَأَحْسَنْتَ صُحْبَتَهُ، ثُمَّ فَارَقْتَهُ وَهْوَ عَنْكَ رَاضٍ، ثُمَّ صَحِبْتَ صَحَبَتَهُمْ فَأَحْسَنْتَ صُحْبَتَهُمْ، وَلَئِنْ فَارَقْتَهُمْ لَتُفَارِقَنَّهُمْ وَهُمْ عَنْكَ رَاضُونَ‏.‏ قَالَ أَمَّا مَا ذَكَرْتَ مِنْ صُحْبَةِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَرِضَاهُ، فَإِنَّمَا ذَاكَ مَنٌّ مِنَ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى مَنَّ بِهِ عَلَىَّ، وَأَمَّا مَا ذَكَرْتَ مِنْ صُحْبَةِ أَبِي بَكْرٍ وَرِضَاهُ، فَإِنَّمَا ذَاكَ مَنٌّ مِنَ اللَّهِ جَلَّ ذِكْرُهُ مَنَّ بِهِ عَلَىَّ، وَأَمَّا مَا تَرَى مِنْ جَزَعِي، فَهْوَ مِنْ أَجْلِكَ وَأَجْلِ أَصْحَابِكَ، وَاللَّهِ لَوْ أَنَّ لِي طِلاَعَ الأَرْضِ ذَهَبًا لاَفْتَدَيْتُ بِهِ مِنْ عَذَابِ اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ قَبْلَ أَنْ أَرَاهُ‏.‏ قَالَ حَمَّادُ بْنُ زَيْدٍ حَدَّثَنَا أَيُّوبُ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، دَخَلْتُ عَلَى عُمَرَ بِهَذَا‏.

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

When `Umar was stabbed, he showed signs of agony. Ibn `Abbas, as if intending to encourage `Umar, said to him, "O Chief of the believers! Never mind what has happened to you, for you have been in the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and you kept good relations with him and you parted with him while he was pleased with you. Then you were in the company of Abu Bakr and kept good relations with him and you parted with him (i.e. he died) while he was pleased with you. Then you were in the company of the Muslims, and you kept good relations with them, and if you leave them, you will leave them while they are pleased with you." `Umar said, (to Ibn "Abbas), "As for what you have said about the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and his being pleased with me, it is a favor, Allah did to me; and as for what you have said about the company of Abu Bakr and his being pleased with me, it is a favor Allah did to me; and concerning my impatience which you see, is because of you and your companions. By Allah! If (at all) I had gold equal to the earth, I would have ransomed myself with it from the Punishment of Allah before I meet Him."

Sahih al-Bukhari 3692

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/62/43

در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Furkan

Jazak'Allahu ghairan brother.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Rationalist

Also lets not forget this one.

Sermon 226
About a companion who passed away from this world before the occurrence of troubles.
May Allah reward such and such man (1) who straightened the curve, cured the disease, abandoned mischief and established the sunnah. He departed (from this world) with untarnished clothes and little shortcomings. He achieved good (of this world) and remained safe from its evils. He offered Allah's obedience and feared Him as He deserved. He went away and left the people in dividing ways wherein the misled cannot obtain guidance and the guided cannot attain certainty.
Ibn Hadded al Mutazilli says this is directed toward Umar (ra).
(1): Ibn Abi'l-Hadid has written (in Sharh Nahj al-balaghah, vol. 14, pp. 3-4) that the reference here is to the second Caliph `Umar, and that these sentences have been uttered in his praise as indicated by the word '`Umar' written under the word 'such and such' in as-Sayyid ar-Radi's own hand in the manuscript of Nahj al-balaghah written by him.
I looked for reliable narrations in the Sunni books, and I found one which is similar.
Narrated `Abdullah Ibn `Abbas: When (the dead body of) 'Umar was put on his deathbed, the people gathered around him and invoked (Allah) and prayed for him before the body was taken away, and I was amongst them. Suddenly I felt somebody taking hold of my shoulder and found out that he was 'ali bin Abi Talib. 'ali invoked Allah's Mercy for 'umar and said, "O 'umar! You have not left behind you a person whose deeds I like to imitate and meet Allah with more than I like your deeds. By Allah! I always thought that Allah would keep you with your two companions, ect...' (Sahih al-Bukhari -Book #57, Hadith #34)

Hani

Al-Radi and al-Murtada are two brothers with a cursed fate, I feel so much hatred for them but then I recall al-Murtada's last words as he died:

سمعه ووجهه إلى الحائط يعاتبُ نفسه ويقول: أبو بكر وعمر وليا فعدلا، واسترحما فرحما، أفأنا أقول ارتدا

[...He heard him say, as he stared at the wall (of his room) blaming himself: "Abu Bakr and `Umar were given authority but they ruled justly, and they were asked for mercy and they gave it, yet I say they renegaded?...]
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

They were corrupted by Shaykh Mufid. The brothers came from Zaidi backgrounds, and they were poor kids working on the streets. Shaykh Mufid saw them and decided to assist them financially and got them to study under him.

Husayn

They were corrupted by Shaykh Mufid. The brothers came from Zaidi backgrounds, and they were poor kids working on the streets. Shaykh Mufid saw them and decided to assist them financially and got them to study under him.

You can thank the Buyids for this.
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Hani

Although I do remember their father being an important personality. I remember reading a story of how their mother brought them to Mufid, then the latter claimed that he had saw a dream where Fatimah brought him her two kids Hasan and Husayn. Of course Mufid is a lying Zindeeq, not that they cared about al-Hasan's progeny.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

In that dream Fatima calls Mufid her own Shaykh.

I guess this answers the 12er Shia question on who her Imam was.

Rationalist

You can thank the Buyids for this.
Today the 12ers have the khums working against us, and our strength isn't nearly as close financially to refute them academically.