TwelverShia.net Forum

The 1st Rightful Khalifah of Islam Part 2: Election of Abu Bakr Dr. Yasir Qadhi

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

Seerah 104 - The 1st Rightful Khalifah of Islam Part 2: Election of Abu Bakr ~ Dr. Yasir Qadhi

In this video, Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi discusses the election of Abu Bakr to be the Khalifa after the death of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Dr. Qadhi also covers:

Did the prophet Muhammad explicitly choose or mention Abu Bakr (r) as the next Khalifa?

Gathering of the Muslims to pick the next Khalifa

Umar (r) nominating Abu Bakr (r)

The most powerful Khutbah ever given by any political leader (other than the Prophet), ie, that of Abu Bakr (r)

I haven't watched most of the lecture yet so can't give my opinion about the lecture.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Suleiman

I've seen part 1 which was interesting. Will inshaAllah watch part 2.

Optimus Prime

I've seen this, and it's quite insightful. Definitely worth a watch.

Reinforces what some of us might know, but he did mention a few narrations where the Calipha of Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA) was prophesied by the Prophet (SAW). It'd be nice if someone can quote the sources for those narrations.

Btw, I don't quite understand why the Sheikh doesn't cover the Battle of Camel and Siffin if he did a lecture on the Battle of Karbala. That also entices much reflection, and ill thoughts since the Rafidah claim certain companions (RA) were responsible for the death of Hussain ibn Ali (RA).

Suleiman

I can understand why he doesn't.

The average sunni has been thought since childhood that the sahabah were angels walking on earth. The more ignorant the area you come from is, the higher you elevate the sahabah.

Once you start talking about these events. Their rosy image gets shattered and they can potentially start having doubts about Islam.

That's my thoughts on it. Although I wouldn't mind him going through it. These things are found in the books though.

Khaled

The average sunni has been thought since childhood that the sahabah were angels walking on earth. The more ignorant the area you come from is, the higher you elevate the sahabah.

Once you start talking about these events. Their rosy image gets shattered and they can potentially start having doubts about Islam.

I don't know what you're talking about, the average sunni does not have an image of angels walking on earth بارك الله فيك.  I've never met a Sunni who doesn't know about the wars that happened, the assassination of Uthman رضي الله عنه, that some of the companions sinned.  How many Muslims do you know don't know the story of the Companion who used to get drunk?  Heck, even Shaykh Yasir discussed how Wahshi رضي الله عنه was known to sin even up until his death.  I don't know of any Sunni Muslim that has that kind of view towards the Companions بارك الله فيك.

The reality is, he did a single lecture on Karbalaa many moons ago.  For the past five years or so, he has been concentrating on the Seerah, and the reason he mentioned this topic was because (as he mentions in the beginning of the lecture) he felt it was directly related to the Seerah since it involved issue surrounding the death of the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم.

There is no reason to think that if he keeps going with lectures on the Khulafaa ar-Rashidoon that he wouldn't cover those issues.
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Suleiman

You must not have met many people from the sub continent  ;)

I'd love for him to do a series on the khulafa rashidun. But he has said that he doesn't want to and he's thinking of what lectures to do after he finishes the seerah.

And yes, there's nothing to hide here.

Furkan

We are ussualy bussy with ourselves rather that history. And telling details from history to laymen for no reason is stupid, since the laymen doesn't have the tools to do a proper research. Rawafid ussualy have misled themselves actually by dulging into those details, about which they have no clue thus shouting false accusations to sahaba.

BTW: there is nothing to hide.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Khaled

Akhi, there are people in the sub-continent that believe that the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم is omnipresent (hazir nazir as they call it) and attends their gatherings.  That's not an average sunni بارك الله فيك
كلُّ سُلامى من الناس عليه صدقة كلَّ يوم تطلع فيه الشمس، تَعدلُ بين اثنين صدقة، وتعين الرَّجل في دابَّته فتحمله عليها أو ترفع له عليها متاعَه صدقة، والكلمةُ الطيِّبة صدقة، وبكلِّ خطوة تَمشيها إلى الصلاة صدقة، وتُميط الأذى عن الطريق صدقة

Suleiman

Akhi, there are people in the sub-continent that believe that the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم is omnipresent (hazir nazir as they call it) and attends their gatherings.  That's not an average sunni بارك الله فيك

lol. I shall not speak of this further. ;D

Optimus Prime

I don't know what you're talking about, the average sunni does not have an image of angels walking on earth بارك الله فيك.  I've never met a Sunni who doesn't know about the wars that happened, the assassination of Uthman رضي الله عنه, that some of the companions sinned.  How many Muslims do you know don't know the story of the Companion who used to get drunk?  Heck, even Shaykh Yasir discussed how Wahshi رضي الله عنه was known to sin even up until his death.  I don't know of any Sunni Muslim that has that kind of view towards the Companions بارك الله فيك.

The reality is, he did a single lecture on Karbalaa many moons ago.  For the past five years or so, he has been concentrating on the Seerah, and the reason he mentioned this topic was because (as he mentions in the beginning of the lecture) he felt it was directly related to the Seerah since it involved issue surrounding the death of the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم.

There is no reason to think that if he keeps going with lectures on the Khulafaa ar-Rashidoon that he wouldn't cover those issues.

Akhi, have you watched this second part? He's made it clear he has no intention in going in any great detail, but may cover bits and pieces at best when he talks about a particular companion (RA) who was involved.