TwelverShia.net Forum

Understanding the Sahabah (Sunni view)

Taha

Understanding the Sahabah (Sunni view)
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:24:12 AM »
The companions of Lot were a treacherous people that practiced rape and sodomy.
The companions of Noah laughed at him and all died while only his family was saved.
The companions of Moses became apostates and worshiped a golden cow.
The companions of Jesus tried to have him crucified.

The companions of Muhammad are 100% loyal and reliable and trustworthy, but we shouldn't pay too much attention to his family.

/sense

Hani

Re: Understanding the Sahabah (Sunni view)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:09:39 AM »
The companions of Muhammad (saw) were described as "The Successful" [Tawbah:20] the people of Lut (as) were not.

The companions of Muhammad (saw) were described as "True Believers" [Anfal:74] the followers of Musa (as) were not.

The companions of Muhammad (saw) were described as "The Prosperous" [Tawbah:88] the folks of Ibrahim (as) were not.

The companions of Muhammad (saw) were described as "The Truthful" [Hashr:8] the disciples of `Isa (as) were not.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Hadrami

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »
As much as I like your reply Hani, I dont think thats a hujjah for anyone who believes in tahrif. They can say those praise were added. The main problem is the imamah. If shia dont believe their version of imamah, they wont see the sahaba in such a bad light.

My advise to you Taha, discuss imamah & inshaAllah you will see how weak the pillar of shiaism is

Taha

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:18:56 AM »
As much as I like your reply Hani, I dont think thats a hujjah for anyone who believes in tahrif. They can say those praise were added. The main problem is the imamah. If shia dont believe their version of imamah, they wont see the sahaba in such a bad light.

My advise to you Taha, discuss imamah & inshaAllah you will see how weak the pillar of shiaism is
The belief in tahreef is that subtractions were made from the Qur'an, not that additions were made.  Hani's response was actually very good.  I had originally PM'd him asking for the thread to be deleted because I realized how silly it was and that I would later make a more academic thread but he posted this in reply instead and I thank him for that.

I have been discussing Imamah with Farid, al-hamdulillah.

Hadrami

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »
good to hear alhamdulillah

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »

The belief in tahreef is that subtractions were made from the Qur'an, not that additions were made.  Hani's response was actually very good.  I had originally PM'd him asking for the thread to be deleted because I realized how silly it was and that I would later make a more academic thread but he posted this in reply instead and I thank him for that.

I have been discussing Imamah with Farid, al-hamdulillah.

Where? In private?

Ebn Hussein

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 06:12:03 AM »
The companions of Lot were a treacherous people that practiced rape and sodomy.
The companions of Noah laughed at him and all died while only his family was saved.
The companions of Moses became apostates and worshiped a golden cow.
The companions of Jesus tried to have him crucified.

The companions of Muhammad are 100% loyal and reliable and trustworthy, but we shouldn't pay too much attention to his family.

Our Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) was special, more special than all the Prophets (AS) you mentioned. He was infact the most successful Prophet in all regards as in being comforted with the best wives and companions. His wives were better and so his companions (than all the Prophets you mentioned) than any other wife or companion and this is even confirmed by some Shia narrations (that you will NEVER hear from a speaker on a Shia pulpit):

كان أصحاب رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله اثنى عشر ألف رجل
28-5 حدثنا أحمد بن زياد بن جعفر الهمداني رضي الله عنه قال: حدثنا علي ابن إبراهيم بن هاشم، عن أبيه، عن محمد بن أبي عمير، عن هشام بن سالم، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: كان أصحاب رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله اثني عشر ألفا ثمانية آلاف من المدينة، وألفان من مكة، وألفان من الطلقاء، ولم ير فيهم قدري ولا مرجي ولا حروري ولا معتزلي، ولا صحاب رأي، كانوا يبكون الليل والنهار ويقولون: اقبض أرواحنا من قبل أن نأكل خبز الخمير

Aba Abdillah Al-Sadiq (AS) said, “There were twelve-thousand companions for God’s Prophet (sallalahu alaihi wa Aali). Eight-thousand of them were from Medina, two-thousand of them were from Mecca and another two-thousand of them were the free atheist who had become Muslims. There were no Qadarites, Marajites, Kharajites, Mo’tazelites [i.e. non of them was an innovator], nor any who act according to their own opinions. They cried day and night and said, ‘O God! Please take away our souls before we eat barley bread”.

Kitab al Khisal , by Shaikh Sadooq, p. 639
All narrators are thiqqah

عن الصادق عن آبائه عن علي عليه السلام قال: «أوصيكم بأصحاب نبيكم لا تسبوهم، الذين لم يحدثوا بعده حدثاً، ولم يئووا محدثاً؛ فإن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم أوصى بهم الخير

I order to you regarding the Companions of Muhammad, don’t criticize them, They were the people after the Prophet, who did not bring any innovation in the Deen and never supported any innovation and the Prophet orderd to behave well towards them”

Bihar al-Anwar 22/305

(here more sources about the real stance of the Ahl Al-Bayt towards the Sahaba: http://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/part-4-view-of-ahlebaytra-regarding-sahabara/

and:

https://islamistruth.wordpress.com/category/ahlulbait-sahaba-relations/page/2/ )

Funny thing is that you Shia respect the companions of Al-Hussein (AS) and have no problem to claim that the companions (Sahaba/Ashab) of Al-Hussein were better than the Sahaba of the Prophet (SAWS)!

So this is easy to believe but that the Sahaba of the Prophet are the best is not and is illogical? Tell me about hypocrisyand double standards! You Shias are Masakeen wallah, you can't see the forest for the trees or shall I see the greatness of our Prophet due to your ghuluww (exaggerations) with (just a few selected members of his) family! The Shia religion has even fabricated whole narrations were peace and prayers are sent to the ASHAB/SAHABA of Al-Hussein (AS):

In your (fabricated) prayers you even say:

(PEACE be upon the COMPANIONS of Al-Hussein)

Ironically the Shias get offended when Sunni say:

رضي الله عنهم اجمين (may Allah be pleased with them all)

after the name of the Sahaba/companions of the Prophet (SAWS). They object and say that by saying such a thing (which has a Quranic basis!) one includes Munafiq companions. that are even considered Munafiqs by Sunnis (like Ibn Salul). What this ignorants don't understand is that 1. The Muslim-Sunni definition (not the linguistic one) is that only those who believed AND died upon belief are considered Sahaba (hence it excludes all Munafiqs and apostates). So although the Sunni asks Allah to be pleased with all Sahaba (those who accompanied the Prophet), yet as a Muslim he obviously intends only the real Sahaba (Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Ali, Abbas etc. and not Ibn Salul etc.!).

And same goes for the Shiite! We could turn the table now and accuse the Shias of praising all the munafiqs (acc. to them) who left Al-Hussein (AS) alone yet the Shias ask for the SALAM of Allah for his companions in their du'a (as-salamu 'ala ASHABIl-HUSSEIN)! Can you see the double standard of the Shias? Of course they would object and say that they intent only the GOOD and REAL Sahaba of Hussein whenever they send SALAM on them. Well, this answer will expose them and their double standards (for attacking Sunnis) for Sunnis also do not intend the Munafiqs when they ask for Allah's pleasure for the ASHAB of Muhammad (SAWS)!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:18:28 AM by Ebn Hussein »
الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
لم أر أحداً من أهل الأهواء أشهد بالزور من الرافضة! - الخطيب في الكفاية والسوطي.

Imam Al-Shafi3i - may Allah have mercy upon him - said: "I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah." [narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Taha

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »
Where? In private?
Private messages on forum.twelvershia.net as well as Skype (in the past) and HCY forum (in the past).