TwelverShia.net Forum

Virtues of Husain and his martyrdom : Discussion on narrations

Optimus Prime

Re: Virtues of Husain and his martyrdom : Discussion on narrations
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 03:51:12 AM »
Here is one from Tirmidhi (3780):

حَدَّثَنَا وَاصِلُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الأَعْلَى قَالَ: حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ عُمَارَةَ بْنِ عُمَيْرٍ، قَالَ: " لَمَّا جِيءَ بِرَأْسِ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ وَأَصْحَابِهِ نُضِّدَتْ فِي المَسْجِدِ فِي الرَّحَبَةِ فَانْتَهَيْتُ إِلَيْهِمْ وَهُمْ يَقُولُونَ: قَدْ جَاءَتْ قَدْ جَاءَتْ، فَإِذَا حَيَّةٌ قَدْ جَاءَتْ تَخَلَّلُ الرُّءُوسَ حَتَّى دَخَلَتْ فِي مَنْخَرَيْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ فَمَكَثَتْ هُنَيْهَةً، ثُمَّ خَرَجَتْ فَذَهَبَتْ حَتَّى تَغَيَّبَتْ. ثُمَّ قَالُوا: قَدْ جَاءَتْ، قَدْ جَاءَتْ، فَفَعَلَتْ ذَلِكَ مَرَّتَيْنِ أَوْ ثَلَاثًا

Umara b. Umair said:
"When the heads of 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and his companions were brought, they were stacked in the Masjid at Ar-Rahbah. So I came to them and they were saying: 'It has come, it has come." And behold, there was a snake going between the heads, until it entered the nostrils of 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad, and it remained there momentarily, then left and went until it had disappeared. Then they said: 'It has come, it has come.' So it did that two or three times."
Translation from here http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49

Tirmidhi declared it Hasan Sahih. Albani also said its Isnad is Sahih.

What is the difference between sahih and hassan sahih?

That is Tirmidhi's own terminology. There is many conflicting theories regarding its exact meaning intended by Tirmidhi. But all agree it for authenticating. Hasan gharib is much more typical terminology.

Jazak'Allah, akhi.

What about the narration, I posted above? Is there any truth to it?

I have never heard of it. Besides Firozabadi had many books. Where did he quote it?

I have no idea. I hoped you'd know.

Hani

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Optimus Prime

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
Another narration where Hussain (RA), and his brother (RA) corrected an old man how to do wudhu.

Check it out.

http://www.hadithanswers.com/story-of-hasan-and-husain-radiyallahu-anhuma-teaching-an-old-man-how-to-make-wudhu/

Furkan

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
Another narration where Hussain (RA), and his brother (RA) corrected an old man how to do wudhu.

Check it out.

http://www.hadithanswers.com/story-of-hasan-and-husain-radiyallahu-anhuma-teaching-an-old-man-how-to-make-wudhu/

Subhan'Allah, I heard this story some days ago (from a shiite btw) and now you posted it here. Nice to confirm that this story is in our books.

Barak Allahu feek for sharing this, brother Imam Ali.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Optimus Prime

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 01:30:07 AM »
I don't know whether it is sahih or not, akhi.

Moin

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »
Any narrations with such late references are normally unreliable. The Manaqib of of Kardari chainless narrations, as far as I've seen it.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »
Any narrations with such late references are normally unreliable. The Manaqib of of Kardari chainless narrations, as far as I've seen it.

Why do many scholars include it in their works then?