TwelverShia.net Forum

Who would you have supported?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: Who would you have supported?
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
The Sahaba by default are regarded as reliable, as Allah (SWT) has praised them for their dedications towards the Deen on numerous occasions in the Qu'ran.

No Hadith scholar since inception has said otherwise.

The sahaba who are thiqa by default should not remain thiqa by default if they commit fisq.

Then, I suppose we should throw all the narrations that have reached us through Shias (your ancestors interestingly enough) in the trash?

That rule only extends to narrators after the companions because their entire lifestyle needs to be examined, and scrutinised.

Allah (SWT) has divinely confirmed they are reliable in the Qur'an. This is the interpretation the entire orbit of Ahlus Sunnah extrapolate from the various verses.

You'll also come across statement from the students of the Sahaba, how many of them were at times reluctant to narrate Ahadith unless they could remember it word-for-word 100%. This is further indication, how they took great care in narrating Ahadith.

You can throw them out, I could care less lol.

"Divinely confirmed they were reliable" in fact you can only claim that about the muhajireen and ansar via the Holy Qur'an.

And just because someone was thiqa at one point in time, that does not make them thiqa for ever. You might lose your adala due to your actions, and therefore are liable for scutiny.

In fact, as far as I can see as confirmed by your brother Farid, Khatib Al-Baghdadi claimed a sahabi who is fasiq is an exception to the rule of adalat al-sahaba.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Optimus Prime

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
The Sahaba by default are regarded as reliable, as Allah (SWT) has praised them for their dedications towards the Deen on numerous occasions in the Qu'ran.

The sahaba who are thiqa by default should not remain thiqa by default if they commit fisq.

Then, I suppose we should throw all the narrations that have reached us through Shias (your ancestors interestingly enough) in the trash?

That rule only extends to narrators after the companions because their entire lifestyle needs to be examined, and scrutinised.

Allah (SWT) has divinely confirmed they are reliable in the Qur'an. This is the interpretation the entire orbit of Ahlus Sunnah extrapolate from the various verses.

You'll also come across statement from the students of the Sahaba, how many of them were at times reluctant to narrate Ahadith unless they could remember it word-for-word 100%. This is further indication, how they took great care in narrating Ahadith.

"Divinely confirmed they were reliable" in fact you can only claim that about the muhajireen and ansar via the Holy Qur'an.

And just because someone was thiqa at one point in time, that does not make them thiqa for ever. You might lose your adala due to your actions, and therefore are liable for scutiny.

In fact, as far as I can see as confirmed by your brother Farid, Khatib Al-Baghdadi claimed a sahabi who is fasiq is an exception to the rule of adalat al-sahaba.

The verses in the Qur'an extends, and encompasses to all Sahaba that we have knowledge of today. Many of the verses praising the Sahaba were revealed sporadically over time. When Allah (SWT) has promised them Jannah, this means it's a binding, unconditional and timeless promise. This very fact is supplemented from the Sunnah, or to be specific from the very lips of the Prophet (SAW). Thus, any shortcomings of the Sahaba going forward are to be overlooked.

Their list of Deeni accolades outweighs any shortcomings like the planet Uranus would outweigh the moon.

I'm not familiar with Al-Baghdadi views on this topic. I can say with 100% certainty it's an isolated view, and not shared by major Hadith masters. Feel free to research this issue further, if you're really keen to find out, or by asking the other brothers on this forum.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:57:05 PM by Imam Ali »

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »

The verses in the Qur'an extends, and encompasses to all Sahaba that we have knowledge of today. Many of the verses praising the Sahaba were revealed sporadically over time. When Allah (SWT) has promised them Jannah, this means it's a binding, unconditional and timeless promise. This very fact is supplemented from the Sunnah, or to be specific from the very lips of the Prophet (SAW). Thus, any shortcomings of the Sahaba going forward are to be overlooked.

Their list of Deeni accolades outweighs any shortcomings like the planet Uranus would outweigh the moon.

I'm not familiar with Al-Baghdadi views on this topic. I can say with 100% certainty it's an isolated view, and not shared by major Hadith masters. Feel free to research this issue further, if you're really keen to find out, or by asking the other brothers on this forum.

Do you have any Verse from the Holy Qur'an which confirms all the sahaba are adil?
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Optimus Prime

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »

Do you have any Verse from the Holy Qur'an which confirms all the sahaba are adil?

Kindly refer to this article http://www.twelvershia.net/2016/06/02/adalat-al-sahaba/

It also clarifies the point Farid made.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »

Kindly refer to this article http://www.twelvershia.net/2016/06/02/adalat-al-sahaba/

It also clarifies the point Farid made.

Thank you, me and Farid are discussing right now.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »
Abu Muhammad, I looked into Abu Ghadiya's narrations yesterday. He only has one hadith. It was reported verbatim by others like Jareer Al Bajali, Ibn Omar, Ibn Abbas, and Abu Bakra.

Thank you @Farid for that. The doubt thrown by a Twelver in this particular thread is proven baseless, alhamdulillah.

I also heard in one lecture that a Zaydi scholar by the name Muhammad ibn Wazir Al-Yamani (d. 840H) did a study analysing hadiths narrated by sahabas involved during fitna on the side of Muawiyya e.g. Muawiyya himself, Amru Al-Ash, etc. Intrestingly, despite being a Shia himself, he concluded that none of them fabricated any hadiths to support themselves during that fitna whereas during that time, one of the easiest way in gaining support was by qoting the saying of Rasulullah (saw).

Are you aware of such study by ibn Wazir, @Farid?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »
Abu Muhammad, I looked into Abu Ghadiya's narrations yesterday. He only has one hadith. It was reported verbatim by others like Jareer Al Bajali, Ibn Omar, Ibn Abbas, and Abu Bakra.

Thank you @Farid for that. The doubt thrown by a Twelver in this particular thread is proven baseless, alhamdulillah.

That's what you think man. :)
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Farid

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:29 PM »
Are you aware of such study by ibn Wazir, @Farid?

Yup. This is in Al Rawdh Al Basim... another book that is sadly collecting dust on my shelf. =[