TwelverShia.net Forum

TSN Article about the "Sacrifice"

Farid

TSN Article about the "Sacrifice"
« on: October 12, 2017, 11:39:02 AM »
http://www.twelvershia.net/2017/10/11/did-al-hussain-willingly-sacrifice-himself/

This article deserves a thread on its own in my opinion. Any Shias have any thoughts on this?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: TSN Article about the "Sacrifice"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
The Shi'a themselves disagree on why Imam Al-Husayn (as) did Karbala. Some Shi'a are of the view that the entire event was barely political, and that this was a divine command from Allah (swt) to Imam Al-Husayn (as) that he must be sacrificed.

I have my own view, which is that Yazid (la) was different from the other tyrants and that giving him tacit approval will enable batil to flourish and haqq to be silenced and that staying in taqiyya would harm the religion more than making a statement.

Not every Imam has the same takleef, as the options the Imams take are dependant on the circumstances. The hadiths outline the reasons why Imam Ali (as) did not revolt against the first two, and these circumstances were different when  Imam Al-Husayn (as) was the Imam.
محور المقاومة والممانعة

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »
http://www.twelvershia.net/2017/10/11/did-al-hussain-willingly-sacrifice-himself/

This article deserves a thread on its own in my opinion. Any Shias have any thoughts on this?

A good read.

It shows the loopholes in the Shia version.

May Allah (SWT) forgive Yazid, Ameen.

Abu Muhammad

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
The Twelver's answer is all the same:

"MY GUT FEELING AND EMOTIONS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT NO MATTER HOW CONJECTURAL, HYPOTHETICAL, ABSURD, SILLY, CONTRADICTORY OR EVEN NONSENSE THEY SOUND AND REGARDLESS ALL THE EVIDENCES RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE OR INFRONT OF MY EYES."

Yup, that's the "manhaj" of a truth seeker for Twelvers.

Allah guides whom He wills...

Noor-us-Sunnah

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
I have my own view, which is that Yazid (la) was different from the other tyrants and that giving him tacit approval will enable batil to flourish and haqq to be silenced and that staying in taqiyya would harm the religion more than making a statement.

The below option given by Hussain(ra) destroys your myth from its base.

I quote from the above mentioned article:

Al-Hussain attempts to leave Karbala by telling Omar bin Sa’ad and his men to give him three options (p. 102), “Allow me to return from where I came, or to put my hand in the hand of Yazeed and to let him judge what has happened between us, or send me to a Muslim borderline town.” Abu Mikhnaf states that this is according to the majority of the hadithists of his time. The three options that Al-Hussain gives is alluded to later on in a conversion with Al-Hurr bin Yazeed later on as well. (p. 118).

Hadrami

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »
The Twelver's answer is all the same:

"MY GUT FEELING AND EMOTIONS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT NO MATTER HOW CONJECTURAL, HYPOTHETICAL, ABSURD, SILLY, CONTRADICTORY OR EVEN NONSENSE THEY SOUND AND REGARDLESS ALL THE EVIDENCES RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE OR INFRONT OF MY EYES."

Yup, that's the "manhaj" of a truth seeker for Twelvers.

Allah guides whom He wills...
I think it was one of their own, kamal haydari who once said many shias have the manhaj of grocery shop, as if he himself doesnt. Whats important is that shias have answered your question, it doesnt matter how ridiculous the answers are 😂

Hadrami

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »

About this quote, so husayn ra thought some people who lied to him were noble?

"Before making his journey Al-Hussain speaks about his thoughts about going to Kufa. (p. 49) He says, “I have thought to myself about going to Kufa, for my Shia are there, and the nobles from among them wrote to me to come to them, and I will make istikhara.“
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:33:41 PM by Hadrami »