TwelverShia.net Forum

Why `Umar wished to cut the tongue of his son?

Hani

Why `Umar wished to cut the tongue of his son?
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:36:26 AM »

The Imami Rafidah claim that `Ali and his four or five companions were always oppressed and humiliated by the Caliphs, those who claim this couldn’t be more wrong and below we see why.

http://twelvershia.net/2015/02/24/why-umar-wished-to-cut-the-tongue-of-his-son/

عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Rationalist

Re: Why `Umar wished to cut the tongue of his son?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:21:14 AM »
I would like the dozeners to bring one authentic report where Umar killed anyone unjustly during in his rule.

I remember a 12er who was trying to give dawah to me said both Abu Bakr and Umar put their family members in power, but Imam Ali (as) didn't do that. I told him he doesn't know what he is talking about. Then I told him both Ammar Yassir and Salman Farsi served as governors during the rule of Umar. He was very shocked to hear this. In his mind he is was like 'can be true for the same man who killed Fatima ?'

Hani

Re: Why `Umar wished to cut the tongue of his son?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 02:27:06 AM »
Actually it's the other way around, `Ali and `Uthman put their relatives in power and authority, Abu Bakr and `Umar did not.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear