TwelverShia.net Forum

How can we make Twelvershia.net more popular?

Farid

How can we make Twelvershia.net more popular?
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »
Alsalam alaykum,

Please provide us with ideas on how to make the site and forums more popular.

Also, please remember to share article links on social media and other blogs and sites.

Barak Allah feekum.

Furkan

Re: How can we make Twelvershia.net more popular?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:27:58 AM »
Inviting at shiachat (again) or islamicforum.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Qazî: “I thank Allah: even in death he put my shoes above your heads”

Ameen

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
By discussing and debating with a positve attitude and in a pleasant manner. The discussions should be based on reality and facts and looked at through sense and logic, along with reasoning and balancing both sides of the argument.

This should be done through being honest and with justice and fairness. The discussions/arguments should be equally balanced and must not go off topic, regardless of who you are.

All this should be free of sarcasm and abuse. And the use of authority and power by the moderators shouldn't be based on favouritism and taking sides.  Locking certain threads and acusing members, not by due course but by how you want and feel shouldn't be done.

Double standards shouldn't be practiced regardless of who you are. Put forward your principals, rules and regulations and then apply and stick to them. There shouldn't be any ifs or buts.

Reason for edit: removed the blank space.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:09:42 PM by AbuMuslimKhorasani »

adnan42

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
i thinks ummah.com is one of the largest sunni forum for english speaking people now a days. asking their mod like abu mubarak to make sticky thread for  twelvershia.net would boost this site and forum popularity to whole new dimension.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:39:22 PM by adnan42 »

Proud Muslimah

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
By promoting it via fb timelines n pages.
" Allah sufficeth me. There is none worthy of worship but He alone. On Him is my trust, He is the Lord of the Supreme Throne." (Surah Tauba)

Ameen

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
Double standards shouldn't be practiced regardless of who you are. Put forward your principals, rules and regulations and then apply and stick to them. There shouldn't be any ifs or buts.

Reason for edit: removed the blank space.

"Allah gave Wilayat as fadak,but nor Ali(r.a) nor his sons were serious about it!
Fadak was Right, but Ahle BAit never did anything for it"
____ These are called Double Standard  :-X

What you have said is off topic. Please stick to the subject. If you want to discuss what double standards are then start a thread and I will surely put you straight in an instant.

Furkan

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »
Let's keep it at advices indeed.
Before Qazî Mihemed, President of the first kurdish Republic Mahabad was hanged the iranian judge asked:

“last words?”

Taha

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:35 PM »
i thinks ummah.com is one of the largest sunni forum for english speaking people now a days. asking their mod like abu mubarak to make sticky thread for  twelvershia.net would boost this site and forum popularity to whole new dimension.

Members from that website will lower the quality of this site. One of their most popular members was "martyred" for da`esh, so if that's the type of image you want to give, go ahead I guess.

Hani

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »
We need more knowledgeable members whether Sunni or Shia, that would make the website better but I dunno about how it'd make it more popular.
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

Husayn

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
Advertising on popular websites is definitely a good idea.

As for inviting "knowledgeable" Shia members - the issue is that the more "knowledgeable" they are, the more extremist and biased they tend to be. Take a look at their popular refutation sites - like shiapen e.t.c.

And at the end of the day, what are they going to bring to the table?

Mass quoting of weak and fabricated sources in the books of Ahlul Sunnah? They've been doing that for years.

Rehashing the exact same arguments over and over again - how many more mut'a threads do we really need?

Are they going to quote from their own books? Most of them are too scared to do that because they know that no Sunni will take them seriously.

We had knowledgeable guys like Nader Zaveri - but the result was the following:

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/09/hadeeth-17000-verses-in-quraan-saheeh.html

He tried his very best to go against the 'ijma of many of the Shias top scholars, and tried desperately to revise history with his own twist!

Rather than admitting that this is an authentic narration according to Shia standards, and accepting that many of their famous scholars believe in Tahreef, he goes to great lengths to find any excuse to reject it.

I think the way this forum is is good enough - knowledgeable guys from Ahlul Sunnah posting up Shia beliefs and refuting them.

The open minded and balanced of the Shias will read this, and, at the very least, ponder for a bit.

This is how it worked for me - I bounced back and forth from a Sunni site, to a Shia site, comparing arguments, and wound up at the conclusion that Shiaism was wrong, and Ahlul Sunna were right.

As for the "knowledgeable" Shias - they prefer to post in their own forums, and on their own websites, and they have been advised by their own scholars not to engage in debate.

Wallahu A'lam
إن يتبعون إلا الظن وما تهوى الأنفس

Bolani Muslim

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:39 AM »
Banning Ameen would help  :P

Furkan

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:28 AM »
I like how nader zaveri debates with other sunni's. He is honest and has his own views. I remember one of his articles where he showed that Umar actually did marry umm kulthum, and you can geuss how the other shiites replied at comment section :p

He is a whateveri like Hani, I geuss

“last words?”

Hadrami

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 01:30:18 AM »
I like how nad
I like how nader zaveri debates with other sunni's. He is honest and has his own views. I remember one of his articles where he showed that Umar actually did marry umm kulthum, and you can geuss how the other shiites replied at comment section :p

Honesty & 12erism are opposite to each other. You can say sometimes Nadir is honest. 12er with knowledge + honesty = 12er no more. That should be the natural result.

Hani is a syafi'i, not whateveri :D

Hani

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »
He's right I'm mostly Shafi`i, just not always, I gave the example of ibn al-Jawzi once.

I just noticed that Nader's blog has been kinda dead? Why has he stopped posting? Did he get married : P
عَلامَةُ أَهْلِ الْبِدَعِ الْوَقِيعَةُ فِي أَهْلِ الأَثَرِ. وَعَلامَةُ الْجَهْمِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُشَبِّهَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الْقَدَرِيَّةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ السُّنَّةِ مُجَبِّرَةً. وَعَلامَةُ الزَّنَادِقَةِ أَنْ يُسَمُّوا أَهْلَ الأَثَرِ حَشْوِيَّةً

Religion = simple & clear

MuslimK

• +11/-0
  • یا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبی علی دینک
    • Refuting Shia allegations everywhere
  • Religion: Sunni
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 01:48:48 AM »
Maybe he is busy writing his multi-volume book on Shia and Sunni Hadith Science.
در خلافت میل نیست ای بی‌خبر
میل کی آید ز بوبکر و عمر
میل اگر بودی در آن دو مقتدا
هر دو کردندی پسر را پیشوا

عطار نِیشابوری

www.Nahjul-Balagha.net | www.TwelverShia.net | www.ghadirkhumm.com

Optimus Prime

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 02:00:08 AM »
Well, for a start:

1) You, Farid brother can post more often and engage in our discussions. :P

2) Invite whatever is left from HCY to sign up here.

Furkan

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 02:51:20 AM »
I agree with member imam ali.

“last words?”

Rationalist

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »
Have more detailed lectures like the one you did on the 12er Shia ilm al Rijal. Cover more details on the 12er Shia ahadith books such as Al Kafi, Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih, Tahdhib al-Ahkam and Al-Istibsar. Also cover the biography of the major 12er Shia scholars such as Al Kuylani, Shaykh Saduq, Shaykh Mufid, Shaykh Tusi, Sharif Murtaza, Mullah Majalisi etc.

Farid

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
Brothers and sisters that have accounts on other forums, please share links to our forums. Also, please share a link to our recent Prohibition of Mutah series: http://twelvershia.net/2015/02/12/prohibition-mutah-marriages

I believe that the more members we have the better. The bad ones will eventually get filtered out with time.

Farid

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »
@ Rationalist: Mmmm... Maybe in the future. I've been tied up recently. =)