TwelverShia.net Forum

We need better Akhlaq when engaging in discussion

whoaretheshia

We need better Akhlaq when engaging in discussion
« on: June 11, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »
Salam brothers and sisters,

One suggestion i have to make for the Shia and the Sunnis on this forum is that we need to improve our manners. If we seek the truth, and we seek to present the truth or whatever is closest to it in a manner which a fair-minded person over time may accept, what is with the pointless abuse coming from both sides?

Isn't the purpose we are all here, insha Allah to struggle for this truth? If we then engage in personal attacks, bait people, be insensitive about their beliefs (Shia being disrespectful to Sahaba, Sunnis to Shia scholars/figures), isn't this a show of ego, and how will it help in promoting what we feel is truth, if it is truly for the sake of Allah?

I don't want this forum to become toxic. I do feel, while Allah knows best, Farid and others on here may be coming from a point of sincerity given the effort made in terms of content and also following a consistent methodology. Now i can't judge for sure, but because of that, i have felt it appropriate to come on here and address claims made.

It needs to be less toxic, we need to focus on the issues, Fi Sabilillah.
"I leave behind for you two weighty things, which if you hold onto, you will never go astray...the Quran and my Ahlulbayt" - Musnad Ibn Rawayh (al-Albani classes Isnaad *independently* as Hasan, and Matn as authentic, as does Al-Arnaut, Ibn Hajar and others.

iceman

Re: We need better Akhlaq when engaging in discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »

One suggestion i have to make for the Shia and the Sunnis on this forum is that we need to improve our manners. If we seek the truth, and we seek to present the truth or whatever is closest to it in a manner which a fair-minded person over time may accept, what is with the pointless abuse coming from both sides?

Isn't the purpose we are all here, insha Allah to struggle for this truth? If we then engage in personal attacks, bait people, be insensitive about their beliefs (Shia being disrespectful to Sahaba, Sunnis to Shia scholars/figures), isn't this a show of ego, and how will it help in promoting what we feel is truth, if it is truly for the sake of Allah?

I don't want this forum to become toxic. I do feel, while Allah knows best, Farid and others on here may be coming from a point of sincerity given the effort made in terms of content and also following a consistent methodology. Now i can't judge for sure, but because of that, i have felt it appropriate to come on here and address claims made.

I understand your point and feelings. But the admins and mods on such sites have given certain individuals a free pass to treat Shias the way they like. They believe treating Shias as such is permissible according to their faith. That's the whole problem with such individuals who hold such belief about others. It's not going to work with these individuals. Their manners are just as the same as their belief.

iceman

Re: We need better Akhlaq when engaging in discussion
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 09:55:42 PM »

The mods and admins know those who think it's right to abuse the Shia faith and it's believers and it's OK to use I'll manners and foul language towards them. Their not blind just turning a blind eye to it. 😊