TwelverShia.net Forum

Bahais and Quran.

Soccer

Bahais and Quran.
« on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »
Salam

Something I learned is that anything can be justified by playing linguistic games with Arabic and even most languages, including Hebrew, Greek, and even old English, to mean what you want it to say.

For example, Bahais don't believe the day of judgment is what Muslims believe it is, but refers to Baha'alllah and that Mohammad was the day of judgment of Jesus, and Jesus the day of judgment of Moses.

You think it's crazy and you recall all the verses about it. Then you begin to discuss the clearest verses for it that show it to mean other that what Bahais say it means, and they play the worst insincere games with language and even make it as if they have support for in Shiite hadiths about other verses not related to those.

I never understood how Ghulats could've existed and said Imams are gods or incarnations of God or whatever version of extremism they had. But I realized, you can make hyperbola and metaphoric things not meant to be like that by flow of the words.

Some things are meant to be metaphors but even the metaphors have to be understood in their proper place.

Language is contextual. Take for example, just me saying "language is contextual". You divorce the words from what I have said before, and you can't understand what I mean.

What does he mean, what is he trying to say, you can wonder all day or look at what I'm been saying right?

The same is true of Quran. IT's a clear book but there is a dark sorcery cast upon it on the minds and hearts of humanity. God clarifies his signs after, and only those with hard hearts then prefer the sorcery of Iblis over the light and truth.

I realize Iblis can mislead someone so far that they even say Day of judgment is not clear in Quran and can mean what my sect/religion says it means.

Nothing is clear in Quran for those not seeking mentality clarity and insights from it. And you can witness that when Atheists for example can't understand the arguments proving God's existence in Quran nor try to.

"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance