TwelverShia.net Forum

Fatima and Abu Bakr reconcilked before her death

Optimus Prime

Fatima and Abu Bakr reconcilked before her death
« on: September 06, 2020, 08:16:59 PM »
Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabarakatuh.

Does anyone have a reference of this? I think it's a mursal Hadith.

Noor-us-Sunnah

Re: Fatima and Abu Bakr reconcilked before her death
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »

Walaikumsalam,

أخبرنا أبو عبد الله الحافظ ثنا أبو عبد الله محمد بن يعقوب الحافظ ثنا محمد بن عبد الوهاب ثنا عبدان بن عثمان العتكي بنيسابور ثنا أبو ضمرة عن إسماعيل بن أبي خالد عن الشعبي قال ثم لما مرضت فاطمة رضي الله عنها أتاها أبو بكر الصديق رضي الله عنه فاستأذن عليها فقال علي رضي الله عنه يا فاطمة هذا أبو بكر يستأذن عليك فقالت أتحب أن آذن له قال نعم فأذنت له فدخل عليها يترضاها وقال والله ما تركت الدار والمال والأهل والعشيرة إلا ابتغاء مرضاة الله ومرضاة رسوله ومرضاتكم أهل البيت ثم ترضاها حتى رضيت

When Fatima(ra) became ill, Abu Bakr(ra) came to her and asked for permission to enter. So Ali(ra) said, “O Fatima! This is Abu Bakr asking for permission to enter.” She answered, “Do you want me to give him permission?” He said, “Yes.” So she allowed him (to enter), and he (Abu Bakr) came in seeking her pleasure, so he told her: “By Allah (swt)! I only left my home and property and my family seeking the pleasure of Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saw) and you, O Ahlulbayt.” So he talked to her until she was pleased with him. (Sunan Al-Bayhaqi. Vol. # 6, Pg. # 30)

(Al-Dhahabi said in the Siyar (Al Arna’ut ed. 2:121): “She applied the Sunna by not giving permission to anyone to enter her husband’s house except by his command.”).

Note: Al-Bayhaqi, ibn Kathir, and ibn Hajar all authenticate this hadeeth and ibn Kathir states it as Saheeh in his Al-Bidayah and ibn Hajar in his Fath Al-Bari has said the mursal of Sha’bi is authentic. We read in “Ma`rifat al-Thiqaat” by Imam al-`Ijli vol.2 pg.12: The Mursal of al-Sha`bi is Sahih he almost never does Irsaal unless it is Sahih.

Optimus Prime

Re: Fatima and Abu Bakr reconcilked before her death
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:54:44 AM »

Jazak'Allah.