TwelverShia.net Forum

hadiths about Quran can lead astray and scholars

Soccer

hadiths about Quran can lead astray and scholars
« on: June 18, 2021, 09:42:08 PM »
Salam

I'm going to give an example of how hadiths can lead astray. and I believe in sticking to what is clear from Quran and Sunnah in insights, and not just follow hadiths by reading them and thinking they are true, and I believe leaving what is unclear till it becomes clear. A person into Zodiac stars and that kind of nonsense can easily attribute the 12 Imams (a) hadiths about it, as they did:

والقمي عن الباقر عليه السلام البروج الكواكب والبروج التي للرّبيع والصيف الحمل والثور والجوزاء والسرّطان والأسد والسّنبلة وبروج الخريف والشّتاءِ الميزان والعقرب والقوس والجدي والدّلو والحوت وهي اثنا عشر برجاً.

Now, if you look at the hadith, it seems like Imam (a) is endorsing the old Zodiac star system even telling you the animals, the twelve signs of the Zodiac. Now let's go all study astrology right? Wrong. Very wrong.

More over, if this hadith is true, we should believe in that non-sense.

There are hadiths and prayers from Ahlulbayt (a) that teach that it has nothing to do with physical stars let alone this Zodiac non-sense. Which one is true? All you have to do is open Quran and read the CONTEXT and it's clear it had to do with the door to the heavens that Mohammad (s) would be accused of being a sorcerer and doing sorcery on them if God would open them a door by which they ascend to it and so it's spiritual parables, the lanterns for sure, and it's about Mohammad (s) for sure (he is one lantern there for sure).

The Quran is a clear book. It has talked about scholars through out, the bad and the good. Which ones are we learning from according to Quran? I believe definitely the bad, because true scholars from believers won't take authority over believers stance, they teach without claiming religious authority, unlike evil scholars. The proof "O You believe don't say reverentially follow us" (Raina) and please do look up the CONTEXT of that text I quoted. It's directly related to this topic about scholars.
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance